Dead Woman Donated Thousand$ to Tea Party Express

The real start of the end for our country was the state of Nevada with the help of the MormAns allowing gambling in our country. That mistake has steadily grown into a general public mindset that anything goes and it is not wrong to speculate wildly with other peoples money. I don't fault honest attempts to spend money with some business plan aimed at this problem or another but what has REALLY crippled our country has been the willful disregard for the safe investment of public funds. In short gambling has been elevated to a level that we accept it as a viable business plan. It all started in Las Vegas BABY!!!

It no longer has people like Ike.

They're so far gone, they dont even have people like Reagan, anymore

I suspect that Hugghy was OK with Reagan

Reagan seemed like a good choice at the time. His acting skills were not lost on me as his "guy in the white hat" act appeared convincing. I should have looked closer at him but honestly I was not super political at the time and just voted republican because that's how my family had done as long as I could remember. I didn't even put much into the fact that he was a democrat and switched parties. You have to remember that information was more easily disguised and obscured back then. No cable...No internet.. Three major TV networks. I deeply regret voting for Reagan but what was the alternative? Trickle Down Economics was one of the biggest lies ever told to the American public. Reagan started the first main phase of destroying Americas middle class by his war on unions which was the only real defender of American industry.

PS: As it turned out Reagan was just a dupe and a typical Californian. For Christs sakes his wife Nancy was deep into astrology and had an influence on the presidency with that nonsense.

PPS: Reagan had great speech writers. All that crap about "Gorbachev TEAR DOWN THAT WALL" never came out of that simpletons brain. Reagan did know the power of a good line and made the most of the television camera.

Fair enough, but I hope you now realize that it was Reagan who invited the far-reich into the GOP

It no longer has people like Ike.

Reagan/Newt was a major transition point for the Republican party.
then the freeing up of the right wing pundits fear and hate mongering with the removing the fairness doctrine was the final tipping point.

Reagan seemed like a good choice at the time. His acting skills were not lost on me as his "guy in the white hat" act appeared convincing. I should have looked closer at him but honestly I was not super political at the time and just voted republican because that's how my family had done as long as I could remember. I didn't even put much into the fact that he was a democrat and switched parties. You have to remember that information was more easily disguised and obscured back then. No cable...No internet.. Three major TV networks. I deeply regret voting for Reagan but what was the alternative? Trickle Down Economics was one of the biggest lies ever told to the American public. Reagan started the first main phase of destroying Americas middle class by his war on unions which was the only real defender of American industry.

PS: As it turned out Reagan was just a dupe and a typical Californian. For Christs sakes his wife Nancy was deep into astrology and had an influence on the presidency with that nonsense.

PPS: Reagan had great speech writers. All that crap about "Gorbachev TEAR DOWN THAT WALL" never came out of that simpletons brain. Reagan did know the power of a good line and made the most of the television camera.

Fair enough, but I hope you now realize that it was Reagan who invited the far-reich into the GOP

I don't think Reagan had two brain cells to rub together by the time he was elected president. He was run by his handlers. I do not believe with what we now know about Ronnie that HE was in charge of much of anything. I honestly believe he did not know about Ollie North and the Guns for Drugs or Drugs for Guns or missiles Contra affair. That clearly indicated to me that the POTUS was out of the loop.

I don't think Reagan had two brain cells to rub together by the time he was elected president. He was run by his handlers. I do not believe with what we now know about Ronnie that HE was in charge of much of anything. I honestly believe he did not know about Ollie North and the Guns for Drugs or Drugs for Guns or missiles Contra affair. That clearly indicated to me that the POTUS was out of the loop.

Yep but strangely enough most of those involved in Iran Contra were back in the Bush II administration. hmmm

Yep but strangely enough most of those involved in Iran Contra were back in the Bush II administration. hmmm

It goes back a bit farther than Reagan. The true start of the fall of the GOP and our country with it was in the Nixon era. Many Americans do not know that Nixon was Eisenhower's VP yet Ike did not support him in his run for the presidency against Kennedy. He knew what a punk Nixon was. The PEOPLE of the republican party have been good people. They have been naive to the power brokers actions such as what Eisenhower warned against. The military industrial complex was the real power in the republican party for the last 50 years. All that election BS was just propaganda running cover for the people making bombs, bombers and bullets constantly looking for new opportunities to use them.

The US still refuses to sign on against land mines, Napalm, and cluster munitions.
To me that says a lot about our country.

It goes back a bit farther than Reagan. The true start of the fall of the GOP and our country with it was in the Nixon era. Many Americans do not know that Nixon was Eisenhower's VP yet Ike did not support him in his run for the presidency against Kennedy. He knew what a punk Nixon was. The PEOPLE of the republican party have been good people. They have been naive to the power brokers actions such as what Eisenhower warned against. The military industrial complex was the real power in the republican party for the last 50 years. All that election BS was just propaganda running cover for the people making bombs, bombers and bullets constantly looking for new opportunities to use them.

I'd put it back to LBJ, who was elected with the help of rich texans, like the Brown bros and the Koch's

New Topics

Forum List

Back