Dead Woman Donated Thousand$ to Tea Party Express

sangha

Jun 1, 2010
Dead Woman Donated Thousands To Tea Party Express: OpenSecrets

Joan Snyder Holmes has been dead for nearly four years. But during the past two years, she's managed to make thousands of dollars in donations to one of the country's premier Tea Party organizations.

Those donations, uncovered by the Center for Responsive Politics in a report released Friday, gives an alternate, more cryptic meaning to the term grassroots.

According to the money-in-politics investigative organization, Tea Party Express' PAC reported receiving three donations from Holmes in autumn 2009 for a total of $2,500. An additional lump-sum donation of $5,000 was made in September of that year.

Had Holmes not died of cancer on Feb. 1, 2007 -- she was cremated, and her ashes are at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia -- this would have all be relatively unremarkable. As it is, neither her husband nor the Tea Party express could conjure up any explanation for the money

Shouldn't the folks all up in arms about ACORN be concerned about this? Isn't their whole shtick all about voter fraud?

Wingnuts have no principles besides POUTRAGE

They're hoping this thread sinks

dead-vote.jpg

:lol:

Shouldn't the folks all up in arms about ACORN be concerned about this? Isn't their whole shtick all about voter fraud?

She wasn't voting. She was donating. :eusa_shhh: Show a little respect.

By now you should know that much of what I post on this MB is about my concern over what has happened to my political party in the last 40 years. I don't care about what the democrats do as long as it is legal. I care about the lying and hypocrisy emanating out of what used to be a party of honesty and integrity.

By now you should know that much of what I post on this MB is about my concern over what has happened to my political party in the last 40 years. I don't care about what the democrats do as long as it is legal. I care about the lying and hypocrisy emanating out of what used to be a party of honesty and integrity.

What I don't understand is why there aren't more republicans like you. The GOP is nothing like what it once was

What I don't understand is why there aren't more republicans like you. The GOP is nothing like what it once was

The GOP opened the door to the Christian fundamentalists in an effort to gain more power. This turned out to be a very unwise bargain. As it turned out the Fundamentalists are bat shit crazy and willfully ignorant. The GOP was not concerned about the status of gays ...or really worried about anyone taking their guns. The abortion issue was not taken seriously by the mostly deist republicans so they felt they could absorb more of these deluded crazy Christians without losing focus on what is really important. They horribly miscalculated the ferocity and obsession of the "new" republicans on that issue. As the older republicans dragged their feet on abortion the Fundamentalists mobilized to get their message out and in doing so many of the old school republicans were replaced by the new so called "conservatives" which every true republican knows is just a code word for someone that has traded faith for substance.

Joan Snyder Holmes has been dead for nearly four years. But during the past two years, she's managed to make thousands of dollars in donations to one of the country's premier Tea Party organizations.

Those donations, uncovered by the Center for Responsive Politics in a report released Friday, gives an alternate, more cryptic meaning to the term grassroots.

According to the money-in-politics investigative organization, Tea Party Express' PAC reported receiving three donations from Holmes in autumn 2009 for a total of $2,500. An additional lump-sum donation of $5,000 was made in September of that year.

Had Holmes not died of cancer on Feb. 1, 2007 -- she was cremated, and her ashes are at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia -- this would have all be relatively unremarkable. As it is, neither her husband nor the Tea Party express could conjure up any explanation for the money

Yeah, and speaking of dead ppl and money...:lol:

Over $22 million in stimulus money sent to dead people & convicts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talk about your dead letters! The Wall Street Journal reports that the Social Security Administration sent some 89,000 stimulus checks, each valued at $250, to peopled who were dead or serving jail terms. Roughly half of the checks were returned, but the episode certainly inspires faith in the government's ability to resolve the worsening financial mess in which the country is mired.

The payout was part of President Obama's stimulus package passed in February 2009.

As if the gaffe weren't bad enough, the Social Security Administration claims that the stimulus package didn’t include a provision for retrieving erroneously distributed funds, so it has no recourse for reclaiming the errant checks. Money that was transferred electronically may be sitting idly in bank accounts of dead people.

A report on the incident compiled by the inspector general notes that the SSA claimed to be pleased with the finding that most of the money was properly distributed. “In the short timeframe imposed," a spokesman for the agency said, "we issued economic recovery payments accurately to more than 99.8 percent of approximately 52 million eligible Social Security and Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries.” A government agency that almost does its job right: Makes you feel warm and cuddly all over, doesn't it?

Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, a long-time campaigner against government waste and an opponent of the stimulus package, responded to the report, noting that it "highlights the broader problems with the Recovery Act itself. At a time like now, when nearly $350 billion in waste, fraud, and abuse in the federal government annually has been reported and our national debt closing in on $13.5 trillion, these findings represent the epitome of congressional stupidity.

Over $22 million in stimulus money sent to dead people & convicts - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum

You must be POUTRAGED!!!

It no longer has people like Ike.

They're so far gone, they dont even have people like Reagan, anymore

I suspect that Hugghy was OK with Reagan

Reagan seemed like a good choice at the time. His acting skills were not lost on me as his "guy in the white hat" act appeared convincing. I should have looked closer at him but honestly I was not super political at the time and just voted republican because that's how my family had done as long as I could remember. I didn't even put much into the fact that he was a democrat and switched parties. You have to remember that information was more easily disguised and obscured back then. No cable...No internet.. Three major TV networks. I deeply regret voting for Reagan but what was the alternative? Trickle Down Economics was one of the biggest lies ever told to the American public. Reagan started the first main phase of destroying Americas middle class by his war on unions which was the only real defender of American industry.

PS: As it turned out Reagan was just a dupe and a typical Californian. For Christs sakes his wife Nancy was deep into astrology and had an influence on the presidency with that nonsense.

PPS: Reagan had great speech writers. All that crap about "Gorbachev TEAR DOWN THAT WALL" never came out of that simpletons brain. Reagan did know the power of a good line and made the most of the television camera.

Last edited:

You must be POUTRAGED!!!

Yes, government waste by any party does outrage me. We are broke because of wasteful government spending decisions..

"The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do NOT see." Barney Frank---9/11/ 2003

Forum List

Back