Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibition in NYC

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by ForeverYoung436, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ForeverYoung436

ForeverYoung436 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    Today I was at the Dead Sea Scrolls Exhibition in Times Square, New York. There were LOTS of coins, pottery and seals from the periods of Kings David, Solomon and Hezekiah of ancient ISRAEL, as well as the Hasmonean kings. A lot of names stamped on the seals matched those of office-holders mentioned in the Bible. In addition, there were actual stones from the Second Temple! And, of course, there were some of the actual Dead Sea scrolls that were found in caves. There was NOTHING from the fictional country of Palestine on view.

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Bear in mind at the time the Jews were writing down their gossipy histories, the English, Swedes, Danes, Germans, Russians, French, Spaniards, Hungarians, et all were living naked in mud huts and had no writing systems at all.

3. Ropey

Ropey To Life! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,995
    There is no doubt of Israel's history. It is long, well documented and proven stronger yearly.

Today, however, there exist Palestinians with babies born on the land and proof that they have also lived on this land for a long time as well.

Regarding the gossipy 'nature' you speak of Baruch. Would you please expand on your meaning of this word in the context of the statement so that I don't mistake you?

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,441
    pals are jordanians. on a totally other subject... how was the exhibit?

5. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Ropey: It is far more personality oriented than the stuff we had on europe in high school.

Jael, the lady Joshua's spies found in Jerico, David and Bathsheba and Uriah, Ahab and Jezebel, Esther. All about the people involved rather than the great movements.

Part of what makes the Exodus story so compelling is the two protagonists are brothers. And of course the whole deal with Isacc and he relations with Lahem and his daughters.

6. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Bear or Bare ?
    Help me out. I'm a beaner.:eusa_shhh:

7. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,540
    Maybe so, but are those people different than the people in Jordan? Syria? Lebanon? They have their countries, if there were no Jews in the region there would be no Israel and there would be no "Palestine" So really it is about the Jews not the so called “Palestinians”

8. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,995
    The reality is that it doesn't matter at this time Jroc. Just like I believe Judea and Samaria are lands of Israel, at this point in time, that's not reality.

I stick with what is, not with what was or should be if I had my way.

It doesn't matter if they are not genetically different than the Arabs in Jordan because the Palestinian 'cause' is now hard rooted. Now since 78% of the Palestinian partition was given to Trans-Jordan before the creation of Israel, the demarcation is also a legal one.

They were offered a partition when the Jews were offered. The problem is not that they should or should not be there imo.

The problem is that they (Hamas and Fatah) as well as most of the pan Arabian middle east (and greater) want the end of Israel.

That's what I see as the problem.

9. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,540
    And that is not going to change, You know that so why should we pretend that it will?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,995
    I don't know that Jroc. You are the one who has lost hope it seems. I have not.

In our Song of Songs, the moving love that shows the loving relationship between our G‑d and H-s created nation "Israel" the "dove" is an adjective often used to describe the the connection for the Jewish people.

The dove mates for life and when all other birds rest on branches, etc. when they become tired, the dove pushes off the ground with one wing and flies with the other.

Israel is ready and strong. For whichever choice is made by those who wish to destroy it. If they wish to make a timely peace, then this is possible as well. I will not second guess the L-rd. I will not say that this event is that one.

I will say it could be.