Dead on arrival

I guess the rich don't eat, don't buy gasoline, don't buy clothes, don't buy cars, don't go to bars, don't pay taxes, don't have hired help,, they just sit on they money?? is that what demoncrats want us to believe.. where is that bs flag.????

I guess the rich don't eat, don't buy gasoline, don't buy clothes, don't buy cars, don't go to bars, don't pay taxes, don't have hired help,, they just sit on they money?? is that what demoncrats want us to believe.. where is that bs flag.????

Uhhhh.....the point of the article is that they don't INCREASE their spending. :eusa_whistle:

Ergo....tax cuts on them do nothing to help the economy.

Uhhhh.....the point of the article is that they don't INCREASE their spending. :eusa_whistle:

they do lots of stuff with their money.. they don't just put it in savings as you dummies would have us believe.

Boehners right.

What good is a two month extention of anything??

Reids an asshole all day, every day.

They should not extend that tax break at all. It has been entirely ineffective, it just depletes the empty SS fund faster.

But Democrats need to buy votes.

Fill auto, are you not on the record here on USMB, as being a propopent of extending the BUSH II tax break for billionaires?

I believe you are.

Am I mistaken about that?

they do lots of stuff with their money.. they don't just put it in savings as you dummies would have us believe.

Here's MY link that backs up my contention......

Rich Americans Save Tax Cuts Instead of Spending, Moody's Says - Bloomberg

Where's yours? Or am I just supposed to take it as gospel since YOU said it?

Not nearly to the point that the rest of us do.... There's a reason that they are the 1% and the rest of us are the 99%...NUMBERS. What's going to stimulate the economy more? 3 million millionaires buying perhaps a few luxury items and socking the rest away in their stock portfolios, or 300 Million people buying shit they need and shit they've been wanting but couldn't afford?

Now... for the record(and I've said it before)... I, like Goose... am AGAINST THE PAYROLL TAX CUT. I repeat... just so no one has any confusion... I AM AGAINST THE PAYROLL TAX CUT

But to think that tax cuts for the rich do more good for the economy than for the 99% is just fucking ludicrous.

Speaking to reporters today, Boehner insisted that the Senate compromise would not pass the House and that he had never supported it. “I raised concerns about the two-month process from the moment that I heard about it,” Boehner said.

How does that square with the timeline of events? Last Thursday, Boehner said: “If the Senate acts, I’m committed to bringing the House back — we can do it within 24 hours — to deal with whatever the Senate does.”

Asked to square those two statements, Boehner spokesman Michael Steel told me that Boehner had merely pledged to vote on the Senate’s compromise, not to support it. “We are acting on what the Senate produced — we’re voting on it tonight,” Steel told me. “He said ‘act,’ not ‘support.’”

But CNN quoted a source over the weekend saying that Boehner had called the Senate compromise a “good deal” on a conference call. Meanwhile, Roll Call reports that Boehner was in touch with Mitch McConnell while the Senate deal was negotiated, suggesting the possibility that he may have been supportive before his caucus rebelled.

Has John Boehner lost control? - The Washington Post

NJ: Boehner says House opposes Senate payroll tax bill - politics - White House - msnbc.com

LOL In your face Reid.

Boehner finally showing a little back bone. Theres hope.

89 senators voted for this extension and the Republicans are taking a beating already not to mention public scrutiny.. Boehner is listening to teaparty instructions again and he is a complete idiot.

Actually, it seems more like the Teahad caucus isn't listening to him.

Boehners right.

What good is a two month extention of anything??

Reids an asshole all day, every day.

"I will not re-open negotiations until the House follows through and passes this agreement that was negotiated by Republican leaders, and supported by 90 percent of the Senate," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said. "I have always sought a year-long extension. I have been trying to forge one for weeks, and I am happy to continue negotiating one once we have made sure middle-class families will not wake up to a tax increase on January 1st."

Read more: Boehner Demands Year-Long Tax Cut, Challenges Senate To Heavier Lift | Fox News

So who put in the 60 days?

Forum List

Back