Dead monitor!!!

Canca just hook the hard drive up to the tv?

Yeah but what do I do when my wife is watching TV? I have my cave where my computers are. I moved my 19" Acer from my Windows machine over to this one.
I guess I shouldn't complain, I bought the 4 month old $400 Chimei for $110 shipped (Ebay) about two years ago and I've been considering an upgrade to a 30+" wall mounted monitor.

In the meantime I have to deal with a smaller screen and a greatly reduced video quality.
(I'm spoiled!)

I was doing my online search for a new/used monitor on Ebay. They had a bunch of Asus 24" wide screens, factory refurbished, for $170 to $180 each. Did my usual review search of a couple and in the process found the one I was interested in at Newegg, on sale for $180 brand new with an extra $10 mail in rebate which is about 30% of the regular price.

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor

Should have it by Monday at the latest.
icon14.gif

I love the internet!

Yeah but what do I do when my wife is watching TV? I have my cave where my computers are. I moved my 19" Acer from my Windows machine over to this one.
I guess I shouldn't complain, I bought the 4 month old $400 Chimei for $110 shipped (Ebay) about two years ago and I've been considering an upgrade to a 30+" wall mounted monitor.

In the meantime I have to deal with a smaller screen and a greatly reduced video quality.
(I'm spoiled!)

This is the second.

I don't think I will ever buy Chimei.

(I'm spoiled!)

This is the second.

I don't think I will ever buy Chimei.

Like I said, it was used and yes, electronic items occasionally go bad. (It's a parenting issue.......) :eusa_whistle:
Chimei is one of the top monitor brands on the market and usually priced that way. If you can get a deal on one don't pass it up, but only if you don't mind being spoiled by a high end display product.

New monitor arrived. Damn it's nice to have a big, higher end monitor again, though it still not as nice as my Chimei was. *Sigh*

I was getting a little tired of the 19" monitor on my second desktop so decided to research my Chimie monitor issue again. It seems this model occasionally had issues with the DVI connection and some video card upgrades so I hooked it up via the VGA connection and the damn thing is working like a charm, go figure.

Forum List

Back