dead clowns

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
comics are always bitching about other comics stealing their material.

tough shit. imitation is a form of flattery.

there are a few lines i steal here and there. i'm especially fond of george carlin, tom lehrer and lenny bruce.

apparently del and liability like lenny bruce too, as they both had positive comments when i used his celibate crack in another thread.

i wanted to start a thread to pump some gems from our dead comedians in here and i wasn't sure which forum to use.

is this it?

if not please move this to where we can rehash the best of the dead funny people.

• Banned
I don't get no respect.

probably because you don't deserve it, rodney.

trivia question : rodney dangerfield is clearly a stage name. what was his real name?

and take my wife, please! i'm about to spend a month in philadelphia this weekend.

• Banned
du verstehe yiddish? sprechen that stuff too? it was nearly dead in my family and my fluency is slightly more than none.

who's not dead that you love?

Do they have to be dead?

how about you start a thread with living comics and we'll keep this one dead. tom lehrer is one of my top favorites and i'm not sure if he's dead yet. we can put clips of him over there.

i was going to use this to post clips of dead comedians and apparently shoot the shit about them.

if you don't feel like starting a thread for live comics feel free to spew whatever you like here.

Lenny Bruce on Christ
A lot of people say to me, “Why did you kill Christ?” I dunno… it was one of those parties that got out of hand.

Lenny Bruce on School
I won’t say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like “What I’m going to be if I grow up.”

Famous Quotes | The Official Lenny Bruce Website

All my humor is based upon destruction and despair. If the whole world were tranquil, without disease and violence, I’d be standing on the breadline right in back of J. Edgar Hoover.”

“Communism is like one big phone company.”

“Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.”

“I hate small towns because once you’ve seen the cannon in the park there’s nothing else to do.”

“I won’t say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like: What I’m going to be if I grow up.”

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses. “

“In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls.”

Forum List

Back