Dead al Qaeda and dead Somali Pirates ask why GOP think Obama is soft?

R

rdean

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-is-killed.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/world/africa/us-raid-frees-2-hostages-from-somali-pirates.html

Republicans whine all day before the President's speech that he's not only "soft" on terror, but might even be, gasp, "European".

Then stuff happens like pirates dying and Americans being rescued. Oops.

I have to say I found The "Borowitz" report funny. (Just so idiot right winger say I believe this is a "real" news source, I know it's a "comic". They still insist I believe the "Onion" is a legitimate newspaper.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In what some critics are calling the most radical tactic ever employed in a State of the Union Address, President Barack Obama risked alienating congressional Republicans last night by repeatedly using facts.

Mr. Obama stirred controversy throughout the speech with his relentless references to facts, data, and things that have actually happened, all long considered the third rail of American politics.

Borowitz Report

Oh, and Republicans refused to applaud the rebirth of the auto industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-is-killed.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/world/africa/us-raid-frees-2-hostages-from-somali-pirates.html

Republicans whine all day before the President's speech that he's not only "soft" on terror, but might even be, gasp, "European".

I have to say I found The "Borowitz" report funny. (Just so idiot right winger say I believe this is a "real" news source, I know it's a "comic". They still insist I believe the "Onion" is a legitimate newspaper.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In what some critics are calling the most radical tactic ever employed in a State of the Union Address, President Barack Obama risked alienating congressional Republicans last night by repeatedly using facts.

Mr. Obama stirred controversy throughout the speech with his relentless references to facts, data, and things that have actually happened, all long considered the third rail of American politics.

Borowitz Report

Interesting that Obama, and you, both point to a strategy of no more bailouts, yet point to a bailout as something Obama did right.

Can anyone explain that?

Anyone?

Haven't read the links yet but we can add Gaddafi, al-Awaki, many top Taliban and al-Qaeda leaders and of course, the one that Bush was too bored and lazy to go after, bin Laden.

Fact is, its the 21st century and even though Mitt and Newt both say they want bigger military and more wars, hand-to-hand combat, on the ground is simply beyond stupid. I'd rather see a very few deaths than another expensive war, with thousands and thousands of dead civilians and dead Americans.

A deadly accurate surgical strike is intelligent and makes our point much better.

Thank You Mr. President. And, when the pubs try to take credit for this, just ignore them. That's what the rest of us do.

It seems that many GObP/Repubs don't take pride in their country. Its like Mitt saying he would let the housing crisis go on until total collapse and homeless Americans. Pretty stupid and doesn't do anyone any good, including his cronies in the banks.

Now me? I'm proud that GM is Number One, over Toyota!

Haven't read the links yet but we can add Gaddafi, al-Awaki, many top Taliban and al-Qaeda leaders and of course, the one that Bush was too bored and lazy to go after, bin Laden.

Fact is, its the 21st century and even though Mitt and Newt both say they want bigger military and more wars, hand-to-hand combat, on the ground is simply beyond stupid. I'd rather see a very few deaths than another expensive war, with thousands and thousands of dead civilians and dead Americans.

A deadly accurate surgical strike is intelligent and makes our point much better.

Thank You Mr. President. And, when the pubs try to take credit for this, just ignore them. That's what the rest of us do.

I'm sure all the troops are happy their C-I-C once said as a cheerleader for terrorists..
our troops "Air-raiding villages and killing civilians"

YOU don't think the terrorists LOVED to hear words coming from US politicians.. cheering them on by calling ALL our troops civilian killers????

I'm sure all the troops are happy their C-I-C once said as a cheerleader for terrorists..

YOU don't think the terrorists LOVED to hear words coming from US politicians.. cheering them on by calling ALL our troops civilian killers????

FYI, using more than three punctuation marks in a row identifies you as a certifiable loon!!! :cuckoo:

Borowitz Report

Interesting that Obama, and you, both point to a strategy of no more bailouts, yet point to a bailout as something Obama did right.

Can anyone explain that?

Anyone?

Obama bailed out the U.S. economy.

No more bailouts for banks.

Join a credit union.

Give me a fucking break. If it had been Bush you people would be pissing and moaning about his illegal invasion of Somalia...

Good Job Mr. President. Good job Navy SEALS.

I think he's just fabulous at ordering assassinations. He's a champ at it.

It's always this way.

R President goes on the attack or gasp has terrorists waterboarded = bad evil bad evil bad evil bad

D President goes on the attack, runs a war on Libya or in Bill's case Serbia, orders assassinations of Libyan President, Bin Laden, an American Muslim cleric and his son oh and is really really big on regime change = hero to Dems

Nothing ever changes.

Last edited:

Borowitz Report

Can anyone explain that?

Anyone?

Sure. It would have been ugly to have all of the major banks go bankrupt, which would belly up many many Fortune 100 companies. Millions would loose their insurance. I could go on and on. As far as no more bailouts, of course not, if companies are going to sit on the funds like squirrels hording nuts and not use it where it's most needed.

For those who said Obama would be soft on terrorism, the President once again shows he will take chances to go after terrorists

Obama has had rare run of luck with elite SEAL operations

Obama hasn't been averse to the high-risk, high-reward operations that have led to some of his greatest national security successes. He has managed to roll the dice — and has succeeded — with the types of operations that have led to some of the biggest national security debacles of past presidencies.
Bill Clinton ordered Army Rangers and Delta Force troops into Mogadishu in 1993 to capture Somali warlord Mohammed Farah Aidid, an operation in which 19 U.S. soldiers were killed. Jimmy Carter ordered a failed 1980 mission to rescue U.S. hostages held in Iran; the collision of a helicopter and a transport aircraft killed eight troops and forced the operation to be abandoned. The Iran mission marked a low point in the Carter presidency.
"President Obama has shown himself to be willing to take risks with special operations forces — to a degree I don't think any other president has," said Bob Killibrew, a retired Army colonel who worked in special operations in Vietnam and is now an analyst at the Center for a New American Security, a defense policy think tank.

Last edited:

FYI, using more than three punctuation marks in a row identifies you as a certifiable loon!!! :cuckoo:

You can't be serious!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!

Borowitz Report

Can anyone explain that?

Anyone?

Obama bailed out the U.S. economy.

No more bailouts for banks.

Join a credit union.

I thought Bush and McCain pushed for the bailout, not Obama.

If bailouts are bad why are Obama's bailouts good.

I have been in a credit union since your avatar made that film.

Forum List

Back