DEA vs. "House"

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Does the DEA control what we watch on TV? Active tvsquad.com commenter bruce is stirring up controversy with recent accusations about the TV show 'House'.

"We have not been given, nor will we be given, an adequate explanation for why House's chronic pain is suddenly manageable without painkillers. Keep in mind House had a legitimate, verifiable medical condition (infarction leading to muscle death) in his leg, so it's not like fibromyalgia or bad headaches some other painful condition that is hard if not impossible to medically verify.

The DEA has been writing letters to Fox complaining about House's "flagrant use and abuse of narcotics without consequence" for years now, and finally the network, writers, and producers all caved in to the government's demands... in the worst possible way."

DEA vs. 'House'

This reminds me of a classic exchange from the Simpsons:

Mulder said:
Look at this, Scully: there has been another unsubstantiated UFO sighting in the heartland of America. We've got to get there right away.
Scully said:
Well, gee Mulder, there's also this report of a shipment of drugs and illegal weapons coming into New Jersey tonight.
Mulder said:
I hardly think the FBI is concerned with matters like that.

I guess they'd like to go back to the days when networks were letting the prior administration craft anti-drug episodes for their shows.

I'm guessing neither the OP nor "Bruce" watch the show.

Actually I've watched the show since the first season, and if you actually read Bruce's reviews of the show it's obvious he watches it as well.

As more and more government agencies attempt to get into the censorship racket ...

... seriously, it's a fucking fictional show.

t - COME ON ASSWIPE, DIDN'T YOU EVER WATCH LEAVE TO BEAVER OR OSSEY AND HARRIET "RICKY NELSON", HARDLY A LIBERAL FORMAT WHAT DO YA THINK

hey SI times come and go, just because he doesn't like today's Tv, cool your fucking jets it will make the cycle

Actually I've watched the show since the first season, and if you actually read Bruce's reviews of the show it's obvious he watches it as well.

Then how did you miss that he's still in severe pain?

No, now solving medical cases relieves his pain. But it never has before.

Reduces, not eliminates. It's not like the idea that keeping your mind on other things reduces your pain is radical.

t - COME ON ASSWIPE, DIDN'T YOU EVER WATCH LEAVE TO BEAVER OR OSSEY AND HARRIET "RICKY NELSON", HARDLY A LIBERAL FORMAT WHAT DO YA THINK

Are you really this obteuse in REAL LIFE?

I can't stand Television much anymore with the CRAP that passes as entertainment. And I echo that of a friend...Looked at a Calendar lately...*ASSWIPE*?

:eusa_eh:

What Jackassery you subscribe to. What a FUCKWAD you must be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back