DEA Raids Pot Dispensary in San Francisco

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Federal agents raided a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco Wednesday, a week after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder signaled that the Obama administration would not prosecute distributors of pot used for medicinal purposes that operate under sanction of state law.

U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided Emmalyn's California Cannabis Clinic at 1597 Howard St. in San Francisco's South of Market district mid-afternoon.

DEA raids pot dispensary in SF

All this supposedly because of some kind of sales tax violation, what a load of nonsense.

SF DEA RAID RAISES DOUBTS ABOUT OBAMA POLICY ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA | California NORML

"The normal process in such cases is for the Board of Equalization to audit the business in question, NOT for federal agents to enter like storm troopers and steal all of the business's inventory."

Federal agents raided a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco Wednesday, a week after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder signaled that the Obama administration would not prosecute distributors of pot used for medicinal purposes that operate under sanction of state law.

U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided Emmalyn's California Cannabis Clinic at 1597 Howard St. in San Francisco's South of Market district mid-afternoon.

DEA raids pot dispensary in SF

All this supposedly because of some kind of sales tax violation, what a load of nonsense.

SF DEA RAID RAISES DOUBTS ABOUT OBAMA POLICY ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA | California NORML

"The normal process in such cases is for the Board of Equalization to audit the business in question, NOT for federal agents to enter like storm troopers and steal all of the business's inventory."

Wait, I thought it was unacceptable to call our federal law Enforcement people "storm troopers"?

I authorized the use of medical marijuana in a patient of mine the other day.

I can't prescribe it, but if the patient meets certain qualifications, I can write a letter saying that he meets those criteria and that I have recommended this for him.

It will allow him to have up to a certain amount on him or in his house, and he can actually grow a small amount of it.

It felt weird authorizing it, only because of the fact that I had to read the law several times to see if I was going to fuck up and get myself in trouble.

Thank God the Obama Administration is protecting the good people of America from the evils of marijuana!!!

because i am sure they even knew about it!

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Ummm ... WHO do you think the DEA works for?
yor worked for whoever was president when you were in the military, did that president make decsions on everything you did?
The DEA raided a meth lab here a week ago, do you think they ran it by Obama before doing so?

well maybe its another damn thing obama should have known and didnt....you dont have it released that you are no longer gonna have pot clinics raided then one is raided...regardless of the excuse to raid it. you have a dick rattling contest going on now...dea vs new admin...will be interesting to see who wins this one..

obama is taking more of the states rights...this country was not meant to have such a strong federal government removing decisions from the state.....and obama cannot make pot a state issue....he did the federal thing to tax ciggies...he seems to believe in a very strong federal government...you cant have it both ways..either the states have rights or they dont...

I think they'll end up dropping the charges. DEA is probably resistant to having their storm trooper antics taken away but it will eventually work out.

This is an example of why the media is a good thing...they report on the wrongdoings of the government.

well maybe its another damn thing obama should have known and didnt....you dont have it released that you are no longer gonna have pot clinics raided then one is raided...regardless of the excuse to raid it. you have a dick rattling contest going on now...dea vs new admin...will be interesting to see who wins this one..

obama is taking more of the states rights...this country was not meant to have such a strong federal government removing decisions from the state.....and obama cannot make pot a state issue....he did the federal thing to tax ciggies...he seems to believe in a very strong federal government...you cant have it both ways..either the states have rights or they dont...

Either the Constitution is respected or not?

It seems obvious what Obama thinks of the Constitution with his bailouts to his buddies... so states don't have any rights.

I authorized the use of medical marijuana in a patient of mine the other day.

I can't prescribe it, but if the patient meets certain qualifications, I can write a letter saying that he meets those criteria and that I have recommended this for him.

It will allow him to have up to a certain amount on him or in his house, and he can actually grow a small amount of it.

It felt weird authorizing it, only because of the fact that I had to read the law several times to see if I was going to fuck up and get myself in trouble.

Good for you.

This "raid" is just one more reason why legalizing hemp and taxing it is NOT the solution to the hemp issue.

Decriminalize it then ignore it.

What difference does it make if its legal or not? Potheads will still spend x amount of time and money finding it and buying it, smoking it, and nothing will change that.

The bottom line is, potheads love having SOMETHING to complain about, and besides, this makes easy for them to justify their Grateful Dead attitudes about the US Govn. After all, Big Brother IS watching them. :)

What difference does it make if its legal or not? Potheads will still spend x amount of time and money finding it and buying it, smoking it, and nothing will change that.

The bottom line is, potheads love having SOMETHING to complain about, and besides, this makes easy for them to justify their Grateful Dead attitudes about the US Govn. After all, Big Brother IS watching them. :)
by the way not all potheads think big brother is watching them or have a Grateful Dead attitude. Most are normal working people who smoke on their free time. Most of my friends who smoke pot are married, have houses, and have good jobs.

The difference is that Obama said that there would be no more raids on those who are complying with state law, and yet here we have this facility being raided on some nonsensical charge. The difference is also whether we own our own bodies and are free to do what we please to them, or whether the government owns us.

Well, for those of us that DONT USE ILLEGAL DRUGS, we dont worry. For those of you that do...deal with it. I know all you potheads are working very hard to get it legalized so you can all sit around and get stoned...and if thats your priorities in life, whew...great.

As for medical marijuana, when its being abused, its their job to reel it in. I am sure that there was more of a reason for this action than is on the table and a lot more that we are not at all aware of. So be it. Why worry about it?

What will you complain about after all your efforts to get pot legalized have come to fruition?

Forum List

Back