DEA oks synthetic marijuana for pharma company that spent 500,00 to keep pot illegal

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-3-27_19-57-42.png

DEA OKs synthetic marijuana for pharma company that spent $500,000 to keep pot illegal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

such hypocrites typical as usual. Make pot illegal then turn around and do this bs with synthetic pot.
That way they can taint the hell out of it, sell it make billions off it , tell the sheep it is safe then twenty years later tell you it's killing you. Oh they made a mistake....................Mmmmm k

Uncle Ferd says, "Yeah - it's good fer what ails ya...
thumbsup.gif

House Lawmakers Urge VA Secretary to Research Medical Marijuana
27 Oct 2017 | WASHINGTON -- The VA has been credited with major medical advancements. Now, a group of lawmakers wants the VA to research marijuana.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has been credited with major medical advancements since its research office was created in 1925 -- the cardiac pacemaker, shingles vaccine and the first successful liver transplant topping its list of accomplishments. Now, a group of lawmakers wants VA researchers to turn their attention to marijuana. Lawmakers on the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs -- led by the highest-ranking enlisted soldier to ever serve in Congress -- are calling on the VA to initiate research into the efficacy of medical cannabis. In a letter Thursday to VA Secretary David Shulkin, the lawmakers cited the country's opioid crisis and the growing demand from veterans and major veterans service organizations that want cannabis available as a treatment option for chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder. VA research into medical marijuana, the lawmakers wrote, is "integral to the advancement of health care for veterans and the nation." "There's the possibility research can help inform not just veterans' care, but everyone's care," said Griffin Anderson, press secretary for Democrats on the committee.

Rep. Tim Walz, D-Minn., is the ranking Democrat on the committee and a retired command sergeant major with the Minnesota Army National Guard. He's one of nine Democrats and an Independent who signed the letter Thursday. The others are: Reps. Mark Takano, D-Calif.; Julia Brownley, D-Calif.; Ann Kuster, D-N.H.; Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas; Kathleen Rice, D-NY; J. Luis Correa, D-Calif.; Kilili Sablan, I-Northern Mariana Islands; Elizabeth Esty, D-Conn., and Scott Peters, D-Calif. The letter marks the first instance that the leadership of veterans' affairs committee in the House or Senate has urged a VA secretary to conduct research on medical marijuana, Anderson said. Only recently, medical marijuana was thought of as a "fringe issue" by staff of committee Democrats. The timing of the letter was based on Shulkin's comments regarding medical marijuana in May, followed by months of advocacy from groups such as the American Legion. During a "State of the VA" address at the White House, Shulkin -- who is also a practicing physician -- acknowledged there was some evidence marijuana could be effective as a medical treatment and said he was open to learning more about it. "The secretary expressed interest to look into this. I think he was speaking from a personal standpoint, but it was on a public stage," said Megan Bland, a staff member for committee Democrats. "When you look at that, and take the veterans' suicide rates, the opioid crisis and the complexity of post-traumatic stress disorder, it just makes so much sense that if there's a solution, we should explore it."

marijuana-plant-1200-ts600.jpg

Medical marijuana clone plants at a medical marijuana dispensary in Oakland, Calif​

Since May, the American Legion has strongly advocated for more research into medical marijuana. At its national convention in August, the organization adopted a resolution urging the VA to allow doctors to discuss and recommend medical marijuana in states where it's legal. That's in addition to a resolution that the group passed the previous year asking for marijuana to be removed from the list of Schedule I drugs, which include with heroin, LSD, ecstasy and others designated as having no medical use. The Legion has been supportive of research in Phoenix, Ariz., that is the first federally approved study of marijuana's effects on veterans with PTSD. Louis Celli, a leader within the Legion, said the organization is trying to prove to lawmakers that medical marijuana is a politically safe topic. Celli described the letter that lawmakers sent Thursday as "the beginning of the snowball." He noted it carried weight being led by Walz, whom Celli called a "major player in the veteran community." "The U.S. government has to address this issue... they can't turn a blind eye and pretend it's not coming to critical mass," Celli said. "If veteran research could lead the way for a national, medical shift in the efficacy of cannabis and start that dialogue, that's good for America."

Staff for Democrats on the House committee found no regulatory barriers that would prevent the VA from immediately researching medical marijuana. Bland said the VA already possesses a Schedule I license, which is required by the Drug Enforcement Administration to study marijuana. Lawmakers asked Shulkin to respond to their letter by Nov. 14, with either a commitment to develop research into medical marijuana or a detailed reason for why the VA can't. "Everything we looked at suggests the VA can pursue this tomorrow," Bland said. "And if they can't, we want them to tell us why they can't, with the idea that hopefully we'd be able to help them overcome those barriers in the next year."

House Lawmakers Urge VA Secretary to Research Medical Marijuana | Military.com

Uncle Ferd says, "Yeah - it's good fer what ails ya...
thumbsup.gif

House Lawmakers Urge VA Secretary to Research Medical Marijuana
27 Oct 2017 | WASHINGTON -- The VA has been credited with major medical advancements. Now, a group of lawmakers wants the VA to research marijuana.
The Department of Veterans Affairs has been credited with major medical advancements since its research office was created in 1925 -- the cardiac pacemaker, shingles vaccine and the first successful liver transplant topping its list of accomplishments. Now, a group of lawmakers wants VA researchers to turn their attention to marijuana. Lawmakers on the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs -- led by the highest-ranking enlisted soldier to ever serve in Congress -- are calling on the VA to initiate research into the efficacy of medical cannabis. In a letter Thursday to VA Secretary David Shulkin, the lawmakers cited the country's opioid crisis and the growing demand from veterans and major veterans service organizations that want cannabis available as a treatment option for chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder. VA research into medical marijuana, the lawmakers wrote, is "integral to the advancement of health care for veterans and the nation." "There's the possibility research can help inform not just veterans' care, but everyone's care," said Griffin Anderson, press secretary for Democrats on the committee.

Rep. Tim Walz, D-Minn., is the ranking Democrat on the committee and a retired command sergeant major with the Minnesota Army National Guard. He's one of nine Democrats and an Independent who signed the letter Thursday. The others are: Reps. Mark Takano, D-Calif.; Julia Brownley, D-Calif.; Ann Kuster, D-N.H.; Beto O'Rourke, D-Texas; Kathleen Rice, D-NY; J. Luis Correa, D-Calif.; Kilili Sablan, I-Northern Mariana Islands; Elizabeth Esty, D-Conn., and Scott Peters, D-Calif. The letter marks the first instance that the leadership of veterans' affairs committee in the House or Senate has urged a VA secretary to conduct research on medical marijuana, Anderson said. Only recently, medical marijuana was thought of as a "fringe issue" by staff of committee Democrats. The timing of the letter was based on Shulkin's comments regarding medical marijuana in May, followed by months of advocacy from groups such as the American Legion. During a "State of the VA" address at the White House, Shulkin -- who is also a practicing physician -- acknowledged there was some evidence marijuana could be effective as a medical treatment and said he was open to learning more about it. "The secretary expressed interest to look into this. I think he was speaking from a personal standpoint, but it was on a public stage," said Megan Bland, a staff member for committee Democrats. "When you look at that, and take the veterans' suicide rates, the opioid crisis and the complexity of post-traumatic stress disorder, it just makes so much sense that if there's a solution, we should explore it."

marijuana-plant-1200-ts600.jpg

Medical marijuana clone plants at a medical marijuana dispensary in Oakland, Calif​

Since May, the American Legion has strongly advocated for more research into medical marijuana. At its national convention in August, the organization adopted a resolution urging the VA to allow doctors to discuss and recommend medical marijuana in states where it's legal. That's in addition to a resolution that the group passed the previous year asking for marijuana to be removed from the list of Schedule I drugs, which include with heroin, LSD, ecstasy and others designated as having no medical use. The Legion has been supportive of research in Phoenix, Ariz., that is the first federally approved study of marijuana's effects on veterans with PTSD. Louis Celli, a leader within the Legion, said the organization is trying to prove to lawmakers that medical marijuana is a politically safe topic. Celli described the letter that lawmakers sent Thursday as "the beginning of the snowball." He noted it carried weight being led by Walz, whom Celli called a "major player in the veteran community." "The U.S. government has to address this issue... they can't turn a blind eye and pretend it's not coming to critical mass," Celli said. "If veteran research could lead the way for a national, medical shift in the efficacy of cannabis and start that dialogue, that's good for America."

Staff for Democrats on the House committee found no regulatory barriers that would prevent the VA from immediately researching medical marijuana. Bland said the VA already possesses a Schedule I license, which is required by the Drug Enforcement Administration to study marijuana. Lawmakers asked Shulkin to respond to their letter by Nov. 14, with either a commitment to develop research into medical marijuana or a detailed reason for why the VA can't. "Everything we looked at suggests the VA can pursue this tomorrow," Bland said. "And if they can't, we want them to tell us why they can't, with the idea that hopefully we'd be able to help them overcome those barriers in the next year."

House Lawmakers Urge VA Secretary to Research Medical Marijuana | Military.com

The practical problem with THC pills vs. smoking it: if a person has a medical condition that involves regular vomiting, they won't be able to hold a pill in their mercurial stomachs long enough for the THC's anti-emesis to take effect, so it has to be ingested some other way. Because THC is the strongest anti-emetic known to man.

When I was my wisdom teeth pulled years ago, I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and was puking all day every few minutes. When I finally got a hold of some weed and smoked several hits, the nausea was gone in half an hour and half an hour after that I was eating. There simply is no better cure for nausea.

I thought that synthetic stuff made some people really sick?
synthetic pot is dangerous and should be illegal....
I can see regulating dealers for the natural product just like alcohol but old aunt Bessie growing her own little pot plant should be left alone.
i agree, but synthetic can be quite deadly...
The regulators do not seem to care at this point what is deadly or damaging to the people. That is why people are ready to take up arms against the whole mess that they allowed to continue for so many years as they do not desire to see their grandchildren live under tyranny. I personally do not care for any of it myself but would not have someone arrested for their personal choice to use the stuff.

Of all the much bigger problems in society, I think the gov.'t should have better things to do than bother people for smoking a little grass. Which doesn't cause any of the social problems that the LEGAL drug alcohol does (I imbibe in both, so I'm not throwing stones here). Since nobody has ever dropped dead from weed, I say WHO CARES if people get stoned on weed.

That's why I figure I'm more Libertarian than actual Republican; my favorite form of government is whichever one leaves my personal life alone the most.

Forum List

Back