DC's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Every year Judicial Watch posts its assessment of the Ten Most Corrupt Politicians which includes those in high level office or running for high level office.

The lists are really interesting. The links also take you to the 'dishonorable mention' folks who didn't make the top ten.

It is interesting to see how the fortunes change somewhat as the party power shifts.

1. Jack Abramoff, former lobbyist
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
3. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA)
4. Rep.. Tom Delay (R-TX)
5. Sen. Mark Foley (R-FL)
6. Rep. Denny Hastert (R-IL)
7. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
8. Rep. William Jefferson (D-LA)
9. Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH)
10. Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
2. Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)
3. Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID)
4. Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA)
5. Former mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
6. Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
7. I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
8. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
9. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington?s ?Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians? for 2007 | Judicial Watch

2. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
3. Valerie Jarrett (D-IL)
4. Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
5. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
6. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
7. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
8. Rep. Rick Renzi (R- AZ)
9. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK)
10. Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2008 | Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
2. Sen. John Ensign (R-NV)
3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)
4. Sec. Treasury Timothy Geithner
5. Atty Gen Erick Holder
6. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL)
7. Pres Barack Obama
8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA)
10. Rep. Chas. Rangel (D-NY)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009 | Judicial Watch

Interesting.
Are the years 2000 through 2005 available somewhere? I couldn't find them using google.

I'd like to see the criteria for "corrupt." SOme of them clearly are. Alcee Hastings is one of about 5 federal judges impeached and removed by Congress.

I'm actually pissed that Arkansas never has anyone on those lists. Our Congress people need to get to work getting us our $1M frog bridges.

Every year Judicial Watch posts its assessment of the Ten Most Corrupt Politicians which includes those in high level office or running for high level office.

The lists are really interesting. The links also take you to the 'dishonorable mention' folks who didn't make the top ten.

It is interesting to see how the fortunes change somewhat as the party power shifts.

1. Jack Abramoff, former lobbyist
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
3. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA)
4. Rep.. Tom Delay (R-TX)
5. Sen. Mark Foley (R-FL)
6. Rep. Denny Hastert (R-IL)
7. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
8. Rep. William Jefferson (D-LA)
9. Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH)
Judicial Watch

2. Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)
3. Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID)
4. Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA)
5. Former mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
6. Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
7. I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
8. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
9. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington?s ?Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians? for 2007 | Judicial Watch

2. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
3. Valerie Jarrett (D-IL)
4. Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
5. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
6. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
7. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
8. Rep. Rick Renzi (R- AZ)
9. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK)
10. Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2008 | Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
2. Sen. John Ensign (R-NV)
3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)
4. Sec. Treasury Timothy Geithner
5. Atty Gen Erick Holder
6. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL)
7. Pres Barack Obama
8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA)
10. Rep. Chas. Rangel (D-NY)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009 | Judicial Watch

Interesting.
Are the years 2000 through 2005 available somewhere? I couldn't find them using google.

Dunno how long Judicial Watch has been compiling the lists, but I'll see what I can come up with.

We just went over this a couple days ago. Same 6 month old list and everything.

I'd like to see the criteria for "corrupt." SOme of them clearly are. Alcee Hastings is one of about 5 federal judges impeached and removed by Congress.

Each link provides the things that got them on the list. There are some names I was really surprised to see there, and others were a no brainer.

But as far as going back before 2006, I've struck out. Can't find anything. When I try to google it though, it already brings up this thread. :)

I am wondering if they get their pictures on a poster in the post office.

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Please accept my wishes for a Happy New Year. As many of you know, it has become something of a New Year's tradition for Judicial Watch to comb through its files for the year to determine which politicians earn the dubious distinction of being the most corrupt in Washington.

DC's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009 | Judicial Watch

Syrenn, a most accurate list. I would disagree with the order in which they are listed.

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Please accept my wishes for a Happy New Year. As many of you know, it has become something of a New Year's tradition for Judicial Watch to comb through its files for the year to determine which politicians earn the dubious distinction of being the most corrupt in Washington.

Syrenn, a most accurate list. I would disagree with the order in which they are listed.

They're listed in alphabetical order. :)

Each link provides the things that got them on the list. There are some names I was really surprised to see there, and others were a no brainer.

But as far as going back before 2006, I've struck out. Can't find anything. When I try to google it though, it already brings up this thread. :)

Okay. I saw the entry on Hillary and her blocking release of records and thought, CHarlie Rangel is just as bad. Then I saw his name further down the list.
They should put the caveat that this is based o what is known now. Who knows what kind of stink is out there waiting to get out. I predict Obama will be on next year's for suborning the election process.

Okay. I saw the entry on Hillary and her blocking release of records and thought, CHarlie Rangel is just as bad. Then I saw his name further down the list.
They should put the caveat that this is based o what is known now. Who knows what kind of stink is out there waiting to get out. I predict Obama will be on next year's for suborning the election process.

Yes, the lists are in alphabetical order so the placement on the list does not signify that somebody is worse than somebody else. I thought it was interesting that Hillary made the 2006, 2007, and 2008 lists but not the 2009 list. That suggests to me that they evaluate the information anew each year before compiling the list.

Well, I see they tossed in at least one token Republican. :lol:

Judicial Watch, Inc., a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law. Through its educational endeavors, Judicial Watch advocates high standards of ethics and morality in our nation's public life and seeks to ensure that political and judicial officials do not abuse the powers entrusted to them by the American people. Judicial Watch fulfills its educational mission through litigation, investigations, and public outreach.

Of the list cited here, oddly only the two Alaska crooks were listed for Judicial Watch's 2008 list of Ten Most. Who are they kidding?

The Grand Ole Docket

Judical Watch named a bunch of Democrats and one of the most sleazy Republicans in Congress on their list? Surprise! :rolleyes:

Notice only ONE republican is on the list. ONE out of 10.

Sarge, do you google? Try entering "Republican political corruption," and you'll see way more than you'll be happy with. Nobody is denying corruption exists in both parties, but trying to imply that Democrats are worse is hypocrisy to the point of being hilarious. And it only reduces the integrity of a website like Judicial Watch when it shows its obvious bias.

I would only take this seriously if I could see the criteria for measuring 'corruption'. Nor am I interested in what letter they have after their name. I would really, really, really, like some actually bi-partisan organization to do an indepth investigation of politicians and just give us the facts.

Partisanship is at an all-time high, so this would have to be an ongoing commission of independent investigators, and who would appoint it? The party in charge would have more sway, so it still wouldn't be deemed fair. I think we're getting to know what lies beneath the surface of a lot of them these days because there are so many snoops that will immediate blog about some questionable activity, and then the story will either be proven to be embellished, or true or false. Just look at the number of candidates who have had to backtrack on their resumes, several from both parties. Even five years ago, we didn't learn of such things but just took them at their word.

Well at least they had one Republican on that list. You know, just so it's "fair and balanced".

But hey, I guess Judicial Watch never claimed to be non-partisan:

Judicial Watch, Inc., a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law.

About Us | Judicial Watch

Oh wait, they totally did. They are a "conservative, non-partisan" blah, blah, blah...

Not buying it. Politics as usual.

Last edited:
Excellent! I wish someone would post all the dirt on some of these sleezy political manipulators. Anyone of the 'little people' that would do what THEY DO in Washington, would most likely be fired from their jobs in a heartbeat. This double standard sucks and most of us are fed up with it, especially with the very people that make the decisions that CONTROL every aspect of our lives.

And now, more what I consider 'corruption', the hiding of FACTS about those in Washington like this story this morning. IF, he invokes executive privilege, what are they HIDING? What are they afraid of, and why would they keep do this over and over? We are entitled to KNOW.

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents
White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents | Kagan Watch

Isn't it amazing how a headline will take on a life of its own if spun the right way (no pun intended)?? Did you actually READ your link and the imbedded letter?

“President Obama does not intend to assert executive privilege over any of the documents requested by the Committee,” Bauer writes.

“Of course, President Clinton also has an interest in these records, and his representative is reviewing them now,” he adds.

Forum List

Back