DC needs another attitude adjustment

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
The following is a memo sent to Washington, DC residents by Cathy Lanier, Washington, DC Chief of Police:

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:35 PM
Subject: Supreme Court Update

Residents,

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court today struck down part of the District of Columbia's handgun ban. I wanted to drop you a note to let you know the immediate impact of this decision.

The Supreme Court's ruling is limited and leaves intact various other laws that apply to private residents who would purchase handguns or other firearms for home possession. It is important that everyone know that:

a.. First, all firearms must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department's Firearms Registration Section before they may be lawfully possessed.
a.. Second, automatic and semiautomatic handguns generally remain illegal and may not be registered.
a.. Third, the Supreme Court's ruling is limited to handguns in the home and does not entitle anyone to carry firearms outside his or her own home.

Lastly, although the Court struck the safe storage provision on the ground that it was too broadly written, in my opinion firearms in the home should be kept either unloaded and disassembled or locked.

I will comply with the Court's reading of the Second Amendment in its letter and spirit. At the same time, I will continue to vigorously enforce the District's other gun-related laws. I will also continue to find additional ways to protect the District's residents against the scourge of gun violence.

Residents who want additional information can visit the Metropolitan Police Website at Metropolitan Police Department: Gun Registration. Residents with questions are encouraged to contact the Firearms Registration Section at 202-727-9490.

Sncerely,

Cathy Lanier
Chief of Police

Memo Source: WashingtonPost.com

There are still revolvers yes. However I wonder if this retard Police chief thinks that a revolver that you can pull the trigger on with out cocking the hammer is a semi automatic.

Why would a revolver not be semi-autmatic? Pull the trigger bang, pull the trigger bang.

Why would a revolver not be semi-autmatic? Pull the trigger bang, pull the trigger bang.

The original revolver you had to cock the hammer and they still make revolvers like that, but ya, this retard must think he can restrict everyone to western style single action revolvers.

Original revolvers were single-action revolvers in which the hammer had to be pulled back to fire. Hence the western movies where the guy is quickly pulling the hammer back with his palm. Revolvers today are mostly double-action revolvers in which you pull the trigger back <---lifting the hammer. I'm sure you knew this, but just posting info. There are single-action semi-automatic pistols though. It requires you cock the hammer back before the first shot, the slide kicks back(caused by the pressure of the shot) and loads another round. After the first shot, the shooter can just keep firing. The 1911 does this. Anyway, just some information.

As far as Washington D.C. goes, I'm still not sure that they can require you to register it upon purchase. That is still an infringement of your right to own. THe Constitution does not give you the right to drive, hence you have to pass a test and register your vehicle. I do not see how they can keep you from owning a gun if you don't wnat to register it...considering the Constitution gives you that right.

The only thing that this Chief seems to be working tirelessly for is to ensure her citizens have no way of fighting back when an armed criminal comes to the door.

The only thing that this Chief seems to be working tirelessly for is to ensure her citizens have no way of fighting back when an armed criminal comes to the door.

Exactly. It makes you wonder if any of the people that make decisions like this have ever had to deal with an armed suspect while they themselves are unarmed.

Exactly. It makes you wonder if any of the people that make decisions like this have ever had to deal with an armed suspect while they themselves are unarmed.

They don't. They all have bodyguards and armed security. The poor people have to fend for themselves by calling 911 and hoping the cops get there in time.

If I were forced to live in Washinton DC, I might very well have to purchase a firearm...

...I'd use it on whoever was forcing me to live in Washington.

They don't. They all have bodyguards and armed security. The poor people have to fend for themselves by calling 911 and hoping the cops get there in time.

I know, people get this crazy idea that the police are a protection force that will magically be stationed outside your home in case of a break in.

Forum List

Back