DB Cooper case

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The FBI has a strong new lead.

Someone close to the suspect they are talking to and getting fingerprints on some items.

The "suspects" name is totally new in the case.

Stay tuned.

I know, I read about that this morning.

The guy who did it is probably dead by now or only has a few years left... Dan Cooper was 40ish then and that was 40 years ago.

I've always been fascinated by the case tho.

Jumping out of an airplane in the middle of a storm is pretty ballsy..

Of course the cash that was handed over was never spent and that leads some people to believe Dan Cooper died in his jump, but the guy was pretty intelligent given the way he handled the whole situation. I wouldn't be shocked if he went overseas or to Mexico and spent the money there... It would take years for the US treasury to get that money back...

Cool case tho..

last I heard they assumed he died when he landed wrong.

They found some of the money in 1980 after Mt. St. Helens blew.

I was reading about this story this morning as well.

I'm thinking these days with inflation, I can't imagine doing all that for a measly two hundred grand...

The FBI is investigating whether a dead man in the Pacific Northwest is D.B. Cooper, who hijacked a passenger jet in 1971 over Washington state and parachuted with $200,000 in ransom.

Cooper has never been found.

FBI agent Fred Gutt said Monday the bureau is following up a "credible" lead in the unsolved case and is focused on a suspect who died more than 10 years ago.

FBI Investigates Tip That Dead Man Is D.B. Cooper - ABC News

last I heard they assumed he died when he landed wrong.

They found some of the money in 1980 after Mt. St. Helens blew.

Yep a kid found the money..... The FBI actually let him keep a few bills which is pretty cool.

Many speculate that the found pack of money was nothing more than a decoy left by DB Cooper himself.

IMO, he could have lost his bag during the jump and thats why the money was never spent.

That would suck if you were DB Cooper eh? you plan the whole jacking and you lose the money after jumping out the back of the plane..

Maybe Cooper died 10 or 20 years ago.

Of natural causes.

But basically got away with it.........................

I hope he did get away with it and is either still alive or lived a very happy life.

Some "bad guys" are just too cool to hate, you know? And anybody who would jump out of a plane like that...I'm impressed!!!

I hope he did get away with it and is either still alive or lived a very happy life.

Some "bad guys" are just too cool to hate, you know? And anybody who would jump out of a plane like that...I'm impressed!!!

Not only that but he asked for 200k which is pretty modest even for 1971, I'd bet the story has generated more than that in revenue.

Dan Cooper is good for the economy :lol:.

I was reading about this story this morning as well.

I'm thinking these days with inflation, I can't imagine doing all that for a measly two hundred grand...

The FBI is investigating whether a dead man in the Pacific Northwest is D.B. Cooper, who hijacked a passenger jet in 1971 over Washington state and parachuted with $200,000 in ransom.

Cooper has never been found.

FBI agent Fred Gutt said Monday the bureau is following up a "credible" lead in the unsolved case and is focused on a suspect who died more than 10 years ago.

FBI Investigates Tip That Dead Man Is D.B. Cooper - ABC News

That's my thought as well. What is this case, a retirement home for investigators? They probably spent 5 times more than DB took, just screwing around.:lol:

So what if the suspect is dead.

Would just like the COLD CASE to be solved. (nobody hurt btw) j

Forum List

Back