Dazzling new night map reveals 300,000 new galaxies

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Pretty interesting stuff.

A staggering map of the night sky has revealed hundreds of thousands of new galaxies, shedding light on some of the universe’s biggest secrets. Some 300,000 previously unknown galaxies were charted using a powerful telescope.

“This is a new window on the universe,” astronomer Cyril Tasse told AFP. “When we saw the first images we were like: ‘What is this?!’ It didn't look anything at all like what we are used to seeing.”

The study saw over 200 astronomers from 18 countries come together to find the previously unseen light sources believed to be far off galaxies.
Continued
Dazzling new night map reveals 300,000 new galaxies

Here's some related news;
Risk of asteroid smashing into Earth ratcheted up by space agency

galaxies.jpg

A staggering map of the night sky has revealed hundreds of thousands of new galaxies, shedding light on some of the universe’s biggest secrets. Some 300,000 previously unknown galaxies were charted using a powerful telescope.
300,000 galaxies times 100-200,000,000,000 (100-200 Billion) stars in each
Up to 600,000,000,000.000,000 (600 Quadrillion) MORE stars, many with planets with habitable zones.
Mind boggling.
I can guarantee we'll never meet or communicate with the beings who may or may not live WAY out there.
`

Last edited:
Up to 600,000,000,000.000,000 (600 Quadrillion) MORE stars, many with planets with habitable zones.
Mind boggling.
I can guarantee we'll never meet or communicate with the beings who may or my not live WAY out there.
`
This blew my mind years ago watching Cosmos.
1151.jpg

Mind boggling.
I can guarantee we'll never meet or communicate with the beings who may or may not live WAY out there.
`

You'll be dead before it never happens. Incredibly long fine tuning probabilities prohibit aliens.

Besides, what good is it if we can't get there from here? I hold out hope for being multi-planetary but likely we won't be as there isn't any planet in the Milky Way that is habitable. Fine tuning facts and solar wind get in the way.

`
You actually can guarantee it for many of the galaxies we observe, as they have actually moved past our horizon by now, and even more will do so by the time we get to the spot where their light we observe now originated..

there isn't any planet in the Milky Way that is habitable. .
You have absolutely no way of knowing that, and there has been no research that would suggest that--more the opposite- the chances of there not being other planets in our galaxy with life is very small.

No, it is YOU who has no way of knowing.

I do and have explained it in post #5. We also have sent many probes out and no sign of a planet like Earth's habitability and no sign of alien life.

List of Solar System probes - Wikipedia

`

Your guarantees mean nothing as you state such things, but do not back it up with anything. It's worthless.

I do and have explained it in post #5. We also have sent many probes out and no sign of a planet like Earth's habitability and no sign of alien life.

We have just barely left our own solar system. All we have is Hubble telescope views so far.
Voyager 1: Earth's Farthest Spacecraft

At present the furthest space probe mankind has constructed and launched from Earth is Voyager 1, which was announced on December 5, 2011 to have reached the outer edge of the Solar system, and entered interstellar space on August 25, 2012.

Last edited:

We have just barely left our own solar system. All we have is Hubble telescope views so far.
Voyager 1: Earth's Farthest Spacecraft

At present the furthest space probe mankind has constructed and launched from Earth is Voyager 1, which was announced on December 5, 2011 to have reached the outer edge of the Solar system, and entered interstellar space on August 25, 2012.

Both Voyagers are on my list of probes. I suppose Jupiter's moos of Europa and Saturn's Titan have the best chance for oceans of water, but it needs a lot more to be protected from the solar wind.

there isn't any planet in the Milky Way that is habitable.

That's what they said about Cleveland. But, somehow, miraculously, life clings tenaciously in the crags and recesses of that alien hell hole.

I hope they don't... I hate tourists.
Maybe the same reason why they hate tourists at Area 51. You can't fly a plane within 12 miles of the perimeter without being warned to turn around and if you don't they will shoot you down.

Who have they ever shot down?

There is a worse punishment for violating restricted airspace. You can lose your license.

I do and have explained it in post #5.
No you didn't our pathetic little liar . In that post, you didn't explain anything. You merely reiterated the exact same claim.

No claim. It's real science. One that is observable, testable and falsifiable. We have Earth and its tectonic plates and magnetic field to protect us from the solar wind. It has an ozone layer to protect us from solar radiation. We have plants, animals and intelligent life on the planet. Well, some of us are intelligent anyway. We also have a planet 3/4 covered with oceans of water on the surface. Our planet is the right distance away from our sun and our moon helps our tides with its gravity. Atheist scientists like at NASA are wrong because they only can accept what evolutionary thinking and history theorizes. Thus, they waste time and money on trying to find aliens and think there are other habitable planets or exoplanets like Earth. They may end up getting astronauts killed thinking they can go to Mars as a one-way trip and survive.

That's what they said about Cleveland. But, somehow, miraculously, life clings tenaciously in the crags and recesses of that alien hell hole.

Haha. That may be so, but we now have found that life can't exist as extraterrestrials. Otherwise, we would have found it already and there would not be the fine tuning problem.

Forum List

Back