Days Since Kerry Gave A Press Conference

Kathianne said:
Seems to be a harbinger of failure:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12706_Kerry_Media_Question_Watch

9/19/2004: Kerry Media Question Watch

LGF reader Marla suggests another thing we should watch—the number of days since John Kerry has answered questions from the media (The Daily Show and MTV don’t count):

posted by Charles at 10:52 AM PST

I don't think its a harbinger of failure at all-- George W. has held 12 (maybe 13 now) press conferences total in 4 years in office; that's about 1 every four months, or significantly longer than John Kerry (and he's the president of the U.S., not merely a candidate for president of the U.S.). These press conferences don't take into account when Bush has something specific he'd like to tell a media outlet, but those are few and far between, scripted, and can't really be called "answering questions from the meda".

Despite this lack of direct media exposure, significantly less than the challenger, the president is in very decent shape to succeed, so I don't think you can call it a harbinger of failure in Kerry's case-- he stands a better chance keeping his mouth closed anyway.

Zhukov said:
I did hear a report that he was scheduled to appear on the Late Show, Oprah, and Dr. Phil...........running the gauntlet as it were.

None of these are news conferences...

nakedemperor said:
George W. has held 12 (maybe 13 now) press conferences total in 4 years in office; that's about 1 every four months, or significantly longer than John Kerry

and...

and he's the president of the U.S.

Exactly.

He's the incumbent.

Sen. Kerry doesn't do much for his campaign when he remains hidden.

Ok, ok, that's a lie. I would imagine even he has realized by this point that it's better if he stays away from cameras if he really wants to be President.

Kathianne said:
None of these are news conferences...

I know K, it was a joke.

nakedemperor said:
Johnny Cochran on O.J. Simpson:

"If the glove don't fit, you must acquit."

Don't be such a racist ne. You know O.J. was innocent. :usa:

Zhukov said:
and...

Exactly.

He's the incumbent.

Sen. Kerry doesn't do much for his campaign when he remains hidden.

Ok, ok, that's a lie. I would imagine even he has realized by this point that it's better if he stays away from cameras if he really wants to be President.

I know K, it was a joke.

Right, I was wound too tight :tinfoil: , took a nap and found my humor again!

Forum List

Back