Days not Weeks.. huh

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
You can tell by all those liberal protesters and outraged Democrats that the conflict/war in Libya has gone on too long, 5 months...

Oh..never mind... :eusa_whistle:

You didn't actually beleive any of the BS coming out of this crowd during Bush did you?

how big is our loss of troops?

What is the connection between legality and the loss of troops? If the participation in the conflict is illegal, it's illegal.

The same is true of Iraq, Afghanistan and Viet Nam, for that matter.

I'm just a tad tired of our weasel-thieves-liars doing whatever they want in violation of the Constitution and the established law of the land.

I get the feeling Democrats would rather not talk about this issue...

If you can't blame Bush, somehow, I can see how that could be stifling...:lol:

I get the feeling Democrats would rather not talk about this issue...

If you can't blame Bush, somehow, I can see how that could be stifling...:lol:

I get the same feeling. Just like I got the feeling they couldn't discuss it enough, during the last administration. All is not really outraged that shrieks, apparently.....:lol:

how big is our loss of troops?

How much is it costing per week?

not important unless there is a rep. in office;)

oh and Iraq is beginning to slide..., so 3 years into his term that will be bushs fault to.

and the Libyan rebel council is going sideways, pointing to a tribal bloodbath no matter who wins...

Top Rebel's Killing Highlight Struggling Libya War Effort

Read more: Disarray on Gaddafi’s Fate, Top Rebel’s Killing Highlight Struggling Libya War Effort - Global Spin - TIME.com

and

France says Gaddafi may stay in Libya

France says Gaddafi may stay in Libya | euronews, world news

ridiculous.

You can tell by all those liberal protesters and outraged Democrats that the conflict/war in Libya has gone on too long, 5 months...

If this was something that Bush had of done, you'd never hear the end of it... I miss hearing Nancy Pelosi bitch - and Hilary. Things are too quiet around here. We need another Republican President.

If this was something that Bush had of done, you'd never hear the end of it... I miss hearing Nancy Pelosi bitch - and Hilary. Things are too quiet around here. We need another Republican President.

at the rate things are going, you have 15 months to wait....the turning of tables will be wondrous to behold;)

Yup.. we do need another Republican President... just so our worn thin Democrats will have someone new to blame..:lol:

Any excuse to keep gas prices high...
:eusa_eh:
Restoring Libyan oil output could take years
22 Aug.`11 - Damaged facilities, political instability could delay industry's recovery
The imminent end of a seven-month civil war in Libya holds the promise of restoring oil production in the OPEC-member nation, adding to supply, pushing prices lower and providing the global economy with a much-needed shot in the arm. But there are a number of obstacles to overcome before Libyan oil output ramps up again, and it's anybody's guess how long it will take. While some production could begin in a few months, restoring pre-war levels will take more than a year, according to a top Libyan oil official who defected from the government in May.

"It will not be easy to start again at the same level," Shokri Ghanem told Reuters Monday. "I think it will take a few months to come back to production, but to come back to the level of production that we used to produce it will take some time, maybe a year and a half." Ghanem said some oil facilities were damaged as workers who had left them in a "panic" weren't able to shut them down properly. Oil prices, which have fallen in recent weeks on concerns about a weakening global economy, held steady Monday as trades assessed the unfolding situation in Libya. Traders expect oil prices to fall as Libyan production resumes.

Gas-prices-110822.gif

Private estimates vary widely on the question of how long it will take to get Libyan oil production back to pre-war levels, largely because it's not known how badly its production, pipeline and shipping facilities were damaged by fighting and sabotage. Lack of routine maintenance since the war began also could make it harder to restart production. Analysts polled by Reuters estimated it would take up to a year to restore production to 1 million barrels per day and up to two years to get back to pre-war levels of about 1.8 million bpd, or about 2 percent of global output. Industry research firm Wood Mackenzie estimated last week that it could take three years for Libya to resume pumping at pre-war levels.

"It will be some time before Libyan oil production resumes," said Caroline Bain at the Economist Intelligence Unit. "However, the prospect of resumed output from Libya will remove some of the political risk premium in the oil price." Libya has an estimated 46.4 billion barrels of reserves — enough to sustain production for 70 years at pre-war levels. During the fighting production has fallen to just a few hundred thousand barrels a day, barely enough to meet Libya's domestic needs.

More Restoring Libyan oil output could take years - Business - Oil & energy - msnbc.com

Forum List

Back