Day of infamy? pssst,, the Japs won WWII

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Yep, today is the day I saw a bunch of baby boomers scooting around in their Jap and Korean cars.. Hondas, Mitsubishis, Kias.. Just about all of them had "support our troops", or "God bless America" stickers plastered on them.

And,, on Pearl Harbour day 2005, no less, the Navy tells Groton CT's Electric Boat to take a hike. Budget woes cause havoc in our nations defense. It was announced that the game plan is to lay off/retire our soldiers (40,000, or so) and sailors in order to have enough money to buy "a" ship.

In the meantime, the Chinese are running out of space to build new cities. Aint it a bitch to be Chinese right now?

Working Man said:
Yep, today is the day I saw a bunch of baby boomers scooting around in their Jap and Korean cars.. Hondas, Mitsubishis, Kias.. Just about all of them had "support our troops", or "God bless America" stickers plastered on them.

And,, on Pearl Harbour day 2005, no less, the Navy tells Groton CT's Electric Boat to take a hike. Budget woes cause havoc in our nations defense. It was announced that the game plan is to lay off/retire our soldiers (40,000, or so) and sailors in order to have enough money to buy "a" ship.

In the meantime, the Chinese are running out of space to build new cities. Aint it a bitch to be Chinese right now?

I <3 my Japanese Car :D

rx8mtrainier2.jpg

rx8ftlewisflag2.jpg

Many of those "Japanese" cars you see on the road were assembled by american workers. Free trade is good. And China only seems like a powerhouse because they are finally enjoying some economic freedom. If they had been free all along, their growth would have been smooth, gradual, and unremarkable.

If they are growing, then something has to shrink.. That is the US economy.. I don't blame the Chinese, nor the Japs. It is what the US people want.

My big concern now is what type of collision are we going to have with the Chinese with regards to energy needs?? They not only have the need for petroleum, but Have the cash to pay for it..

We have communities here in the US where 500 phone calls are being made/placed per hour for heating assistance.

ISO New England has reported that there will be rolling black outs in the area because of the "lack" of natural gas. Lot of good that big plasma screen is going to be when the power goes out.

it looks like one of them little limited edition hot rods, but that's ok cause it looks good..

And, for the record,,I am considering a Toyota myself. Why bother pissing into the wind of change/inevitablility??? I'm sick of being wet.

GM, and Ford couldn't give a rats ass if I live or die. Dodge put the boots to me with their crappy transmission, under engineered brakes and headlights on the $25000 vehicle I bought from them..

So,, my committment to the US auto makers is fading.

Working Man said:
it looks like one of them little limited edition hot rods, but that's ok cause it looks good..

And, for the record,,I am considering a Toyota myself. Why bother pissing into the wind of change/inevitablility??? I'm sick of being wet.

GM, and Ford couldn't give a rats ass if I live or die. Dodge put the boots to me with their crappy transmission, under engineered brakes and headlights on the $25000 vehicle I bought from them..

I woulda thought that your bitterness would have killed you but now but it WILL be intersting to see how the US and China are going to negotiate their way through resource demands.

Working Man said:

GM, and Ford couldn't give a rats ass if I live or die. Dodge put the boots to me with their crappy transmission, under engineered brakes and headlights on the $25000 vehicle I bought from them.

Ha! that is so damn funny because my 97 Dodge Avenger has had to have its brake pads changed every year since i got it, its headlights have faded down to needing high beams as regular lights and the transmission is just about shot. Thank god i only spent $2000 for it 3 years ago. :)

Fuck Dodge. I am fed up with the lack of vision American car companies have had. All these tax incentives have made them fat and lazy. If they wont do it, then the Japs sure will. The more factories they bring here, the more jobs that creates for Americans as far as the final product goes. The materials will take a hit though and we have the wonderful fellows at congress to thank for that lovely quantum physics equation they call the tax code. Ive owned all american cars to this point which is a rarity for someone my age. But the are really dropping the ball on these new designs and prices and i think my next car ill take the plunge into the foreign realm.

insein said:
Ha! that is so damn funny because my 97 Dodge Avenger has had to have its brake pads changed every year since i got it, its headlights have faded down to needing high beams as regular lights and the transmission is just about shot. Thank god i only spent $2000 for it 3 years ago. :)

Fuck Dodge. I am fed up with the lack of vision American car companies have had. All these tax incentives have made them fat and lazy. If they wont do it, then the Japs sure will. The more factories they bring here, the more jobs that creates for Americans as far as the final product goes. The materials will take a hit though and we have the wonderful fellows at congress to thank for that lovely quantum physics equation they call the tax code. Ive owned all american cars to this point which is a rarity for someone my age. But the are really dropping the ball on these new designs and prices and i think my next car ill take the plunge into the foreign realm.

My 1997 Nissan just hit 100,000------original brakes-front and rear. Amazing

Funny, i wonder if those who were killed by the nuclear bombs would agree that the Japanese won the war.

Also, we don't live in a zero sum world. Simply because one person does well, doesnt mean another can't do well as well.

Working Man said:

EB was told to take a hike because submarines are outdated technology. They serve virtually no purpose in today or tomorrow's Navy. I listened to an EB guy talk once, and it went something along the lines of "submarines are no longer relevant, but we should keep spending money on their development so that, if and when the time comes, and submarines again become relavent, we'll not have forgotten how to build them." It was a nice try, but everyone left thinking the guy basically admitted his product served no real purpose in today's armed forces. And it doesnt. It's like saying "black and white television isn't really used any more, but we should keep developing black and white television so that if we ever want to go back to black and white television, we'll know how."

Working Man said:

I just have to say if you really believe that China is running out of space to build cities you have got to be one of the most ignorant person on the face of the planet. China has tons of space that probably hasnt even seen a human in centuries.

Hobbit said:
I have a Saturn (GM), and only the eastern half of China is crowed. Most of the inland area is pretty sparse.
Ummm, cause much of it is too mountainous or without sufficient water.

Kathianne said:
Ummm, cause much of it is too mountainous or without sufficient water.

Maybe in ancient times, but modern technology can open up alot of Western China for Development. the government prevents that though. Its easier to keep control of the people if they are centralized. the more spread out they get the harder it becomes.

Forum List

Back