Day, hour, minute, second "terrorism" was first used

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
HOLY SHIT! I got it pinned down. :mm:

So anyway I was watching a session of the House honoring the U.S. Diplomats killed in Benghazi dated September 19th. Honoring U.S. Diplomats Killed in Libya Consulate Attack - C-SPAN Video Library or http://www.c-span.org/program/Kiledi (sorry this video is so hard to use, it was being a pain when I was trying to get all the wording right) Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who is control of the time for the republican's time, she speaks for 4 minutes 9 seconds, approximately. She talks about the attacks and mentions apologizing but not once mentions terrorism. The Rep. Eliot Engel speaks next for the democrats saying how terrible the attack was and how much we love our diplomats, still no mention of terrorism. Next Rep. Dennis Kucinch comes on speaks with great force asking why we did not have more security in Benghazi and how the constitution was put aside so we could be in Liyba in the first place, heck of a guy. But still no mention of terrorism. Next is Rep. Eric Canton he speaks for a while saying how the attacks in Benghazi, Egypt, Yemen, and elsewhere demonstrate the administration's failed policies, but still no mention of terrorism. There at time 15:10 of the c-span video something different happens (drum roll please) Eric Cantor says, "We should not abandon Libya because terrorist seek to undermined a government which making progress at establishing a democracy and is joining the fight against terrorism." (rim shot) Canton pauses for a moment and looks at his paper as if he is not sure what he just read. But wait, there's something else. At 18:10 in the video Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen is reading her closing statement when someone from the side hands her another page. Ros-Lehtinen goes on reading saying the the U.S. has nothing for which to apologize and let us not apologize for freedom of expression. Then takes the page which was just hander her and reading about the 'terrorist' attack with some stumbling over the words. She also mentions North Africa.

Find out who wrote Rep. Eric Cantor's statement and who handed Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen that page and you are one step closer to finding the answer to this riddle.

Since it would seem that if someone if going to first state that the attack in Libya was terrorism it would be the chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, rather than Eric Cantor so I googled Cantor and got this page:
Eric Cantor and the Petraeus affair - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

(if I die a young and painful death just remember I loved my country. :eusa_shifty:)

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back