Day After Obama Promises to Curb Spending-Dems Pass Largest Debt Increase in History

Obviously you are toooooooooooo dumb to do simple arithmetic!

Even your own chart shows a 1.4+ trillion deficit for 2008. Look at the "YEAR-TO-DATE" total for the "prior year" which was 2008!!!!!

You can't deny that there is over a 1 trillion difference between the deficit Bush shows and the actual increase in debt for the year 2008.

Too funny

Edthemathmajor

Speaking of toooooooooooo dumb to do simple arithmetic or to be fair, it could be your tin foil hat is too tight (tough call):eusa_drool:
This really is not fair; it is like shooting fish in a barrel

1.4+trillion is Papa Obama's budget deficit (2009)
They are fiscal years not calender years; the months Oct, Nov, Dec are for the current FISCAL YEAR 2010. So, the prior year here is for FISCAL YEAR 2009
Fiscal year 2009 is BUSH's budget deficit. Fiscal year 2010 is Obama's FIRST budget.

Edthemathmajor
your own words say 2008, bad try at spin. Well at least you are trying something new now
First the figures were from GOP Hate Media, then lies, then wrong. Now the argument that Obama is no way responsible for FISCAL year 2009. Truth really is the worst enemy of the left.

Too funny, now that you can't deny the figures are "lies" , you want to blame it all on Bush now.

Talk about disingenuous, the 2009 budget deficit will LARGELY be a function of out of control spending Obama and Company have either voted for or approved,

For example

when it comes to gov't overspending- there is plenty of blame to go around
For example,

of the 2009 budget, that was the same budget that then Sen. Obama voted in favor of on March 14 of 2008
and on October 1, 2008,
Obama, Biden, and Clinton voted in favor of the $700 billion Troubled Assets Relief Program

Also you forget about Papa Obama's $787 billion stimulus (Pork) bill that passed in February with just three Republican votes.

Nor did Papa Obama veto the $410 billion of additional spending Congress sent to his desk three weeks later.

But hey Edthemathmajor why let truth stop you know

But at least you agree the figure is correct now and these is the figure use by CBO, US Treasury, MSNBC CNC etc to report
Glad to see you accept the truth now
:eusa_whistle:

See:

From the CBO:
The budget deficit surged to $1.4 trillion in 2009, the largest shortfall on record in dollar terms and nearly $1 trillion greater than the deficit recorded the previous year. As a percentage of GDP, the deficit more than tripled in 2009

MSNBC: Federal deficit triples from year ago
Recession, cost of financial bailout leads to record $1.42 trillion imbalance

CNN Fact Check
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office says the budget deficit for 2009 was $1.4 trillion, slightly more than triple the $458.6 billion deficit for 2008.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, even if you want to blame ALL of Fiscal Year 2009 on Bush, it does not matter because Papa Obama's submitted budget will still outspend. So if it is the amount that is of concern, don't fret your "pretty little head"- Papa Obama is primed to his best by making the current FISCAL year deficit even more larger.

From the past post which mysteriously got cut out by you:eusa_angel:
UPDATE:

GOP Hate Media is spreading more lies. Time to adjust your tin foil hat

From the AP: (By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer – Mon Feb 1, 6:12 pm ET)

Obama budget: Record spending, record deficit

WASHINGTON – Spelling out painful priorities, President Barack Obama urged Congress on Monday to quickly approve a huge new shot of spending for recession relief and job creation, part of a record $3.8 trillion budget that would boost the deficit beyond any in the nation's history while only slowly beginning to put Americans back to work.

(Edthemathmajor- pay attention to this last line- must be more of that GOP Hate Media)

Still, Obama now mostly owns the deficit as a political issue after passing last year's $862 billion economic stimulus bill and other major spending legislation that's earned mixed reviews with the public.
-----------------------------------

I really hope do you do not get paid for this
:lol:

Last edited:
Oh, and I suppose if we're going to increase welfare, I guess it would be too much to ask that some of that money be used for *mandatory* drug testing? :eusa_whistle:

Along with some other tests. Maybe some Psychiatric exams on a regular basis, but that might not work either, In my opinion,I think half those Docs have couches rented on a time-share basis already with their associates.

How about the "Cone of Truth" machine? So many applications for it's use. A prerequisite before entering into politics, and as an added plus, no more Waterboarding! Probably would cut the applicants for politics by 90% :lol:

Think what our politics would be if all of them were incapable of telling a lie or any misleading statements. It would be nice to rewrite one of Obamas campaign speeches, not just his, but 99% of the rest of these politicians, Obama doesn't have exclusive rights on manipulating the people, and in my opinion, using outright lies,misleading statements etc disguised as 'honest ideas' to promote changes in America, and I will not ever accept the fact that "THEY" do not know that their 'promises' are nothing more than an impossible dream in most cases just by crunching a few $$ numbers, it would clearly demonstrate their plans won't work without funding from other sources, including printing money with ZERO anything to back it up.
We need CHANGE in America alright, and it begins with most of the representatives being replaced along with term limits. What we really need is a truly HONEST politician. We need laws discouraging politicians from making promises that are nothing more than pipe dreams with the sole purpose to curry votes and deliver nothing.

'Political Weathermen' or weather people, they have all the variables to fall back on when most of what they 'promise' fails to come to fruition, but then again, like I say, 'they' already know that, and WE accept it.

Too funny

Edthemathmajor

Speaking of toooooooooooo dumb to do simple arithmetic or to be fair, it could be your tin foil hat is too tight (tough call):eusa_drool:
This really is not fair; it is like shooting fish in a barrel

1.4+trillion is Papa Obama's budget deficit (2009)
They are fiscal years not calender years; the months Oct, Nov, Dec are for the current FISCAL YEAR 2010. So, the prior year here is for FISCAL YEAR 2009
Fiscal year 2009 is BUSH's budget deficit. Fiscal year 2010 is Obama's FIRST budget.

Edthemathmajor
your own words say 2008, bad try at spin. Well at least you are trying something new now
Oct, Nov, and Dec of fiscal year 2009 are from calendar year 2008. Who was the president in 2008 to submit the fiscal year 2009 budget that had a 1.4 trillion deficit??????????
Hint, Obama did not become president until the end of Jan 2009.

Edthemathmajor
Oct, Nov, and Dec of fiscal year 2009 are from calendar year 2008. Who was the president in 2008 to submit the fiscal year 2009 budget that had a 1.4 trillion deficit??????????

I'm not sure, did barry add on to the budget this past year?

Edthemathmajor

And now you see why I prefer to use the calendar years rather than fiscal years.

Last edited:
thats really good :clap2:

And now you see why I prefer to use the calendar years rather than fiscal years.

Well, did he add on to the budget this past "calendar" year?

There's no denying that, but the increase in debt for calendar year 2009 was not triple the increase in debt for calendar year 2008, which has been my point all along. And if you back out the interest paid in 2009 on the 5 trillion Bush added to the debt over his 8 years, Obama ran up less debt than Bush.

There's no denying that, but the increase in debt for calendar year 2009 was not triple the increase in debt for calendar year 2008, which has been my point all along. And if you back out the interest paid in 2009 on the 5 trillion Bush added to the debt over his 8 years, Obama ran up less debt than Bush.

Your point has been many and all wrong
All lies; GOP Hate Media, US Treasury and CBO lying; don't know the difference between Total gross debt and budget deficits; fiscal year and calender years

Of course the CBO, US Treasury CNC, MSNBC are talking about Annual Budget Deficits

Edthemathmajor, we have seen your poor attempts to spin this issue; but the truth is still there- sorry that is just the way it is ....

From the CBO:
The budget deficit surged to $1.4 trillion in 2009, the largest shortfall on record in dollar terms and nearly $1 trillion greater than the deficit recorded the previous year. As a percentage of GDP, the deficit more than tripled in 2009

MSNBC: Federal deficit triples from year ago
Recession, cost of financial bailout leads to record $1.42 trillion imbalance

CNN Fact Check
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office says the budget deficit for 2009 was $1.4 trillion, slightly more than triple the $458.6 billion deficit for 2008.

All lies; GOP Hate Media, US Treasury and CBO lying; don't know the difference between Total gross debt and budget deficits; fiscal year and calender years
Keep playing dumb, it really works for you.

Of course he added

Papa Obama's $787 billion stimulus (Pork) bill that passed in February with just three Republican votes.

Nor did Papa Obama veto the $410 billion of additional spending Congress sent to his desk three weeks later.

Of course let us not forget
of the 2009 budget, that was the same budget that then Sen. Obama voted in favor of on March 14 of 2008
and on October 1, 2008,
Obama, Biden, and Clinton voted in favor of the $700 billion Troubled Assets Relief Program

The real sad news however,
From the AP: (By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer – Mon Feb 1, 6:12 pm ET)

WASHINGTON – Spelling out painful priorities, President Barack Obama urged Congress on Monday to quickly approve a huge new shot of spending for recession relief and job creation, part of a record $3.8 trillion budget that would boost the deficit beyond any in the nation's history while only slowly beginning to put Americans back to work.

Still, Obama now mostly owns the deficit as a political issue after passing last year's $862 billion economic stimulus bill and other major spending legislation that's earned mixed reviews with the public.
(at the rate this is going Papa Obama could quadruple the yearly Budget Deficit of 2008)

Last edited:

Oh no, you seem to have the market cornered on dumb (just look back at your posts)
Like when you forgot fiscal years are different from calender

Edthemathmajor, you can try to spin and twist all you want the facts and figures
but the statement from the CBO and the US Treasury are still true.

All your attempts are nothing more than bad attempts at "rearranging chairs on the Titanic" - that is dumb and disingenuous.
Of course, this is to be expected from a liberal; truth is the worst enemy of the left.

:eusa_angel:

It may make you feel better that the GOP Hate media has even more stories out there for fiscal year 2010 (at the rate this is going Papa Obama could quadruple the yearly Budget Deficit of 2008)

Last edited:

Oh no, you seem to have the market cornered on dumb (just look back at your posts)
... the statement from the CBO and the US Treasury are still true.
And they use different accounting procedures for 2008 than they use for 2009 so only the most dishonest people would compare the two.

That's why you don't want to CALCULATE the TRUE yearly budget deficit by using the change in the total gross debt each year, like an honest person would do, because it eliminates all accounting tricks.

... the statement from the CBO and the US Treasury are still true.
And they use different accounting procedures for 2008 than they use for 2009 so only the most dishonest people would compare the two.

That's why you don't want to CALCULATE the TRUE yearly budget deficit by using the change in the total gross debt each year, like an honest person would do, because it eliminates all accounting tricks.

Oh yes the CBO and the US Treasury are being most dishonest
:cuckoo:

Time to adjust your tin foil hat
What is your excuse for the current year- GOP Hate Media? oh wait -blame Bush

Forum List

Back