Day 42: What has he done?

My post was meant as a response to the "Blame Bush's MMS crowd that Obama had no time to fire" comments. If that agency is as devoid of ethics and competence as some have said, shouldn't it have been cleaned up? And wouldn't you expect BO and his czarina to be aware of what the MMS was up to? (Well, OK - with BO's inexperience, he might be forgiven for not even knowing there was an MMS.)

Umm, Presidents don't have a magic wand they can wave and make civil service employees disappear. There are laws about this, but hey, why bother learning about the law, right?

Actually all federal employees serve at the President's pleasure and he can fire anyone at anytime for any reason.

You're a major league failure.

Actually all federal employees serve at the President's pleasure and he can fire anyone at anytime for any reason.
Not true. Not sure where you got that nonsense. You're probably just parroting something Glenn Beck told you.

It IS true. Well ok, technically it's not true, there are of course judiciary positions which the President can't fire and he can't fire elected officials, but other than that, he certainly can fire any federal employee.

Not true. Not sure where you got that nonsense. You're probably just parroting something Glenn Beck told you.

It IS true. Well ok, technically it's not true, there are of course judiciary positions which the President can't fire and he can't fire elected officials, but other than that, he certainly can fire any federal employee.

Even excepting elected officials and lifetime appointments - he can't fire anyone for any reason he wants. You got that from Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck or some other such moron, it isn't true.

My post was meant as a response to the "Blame Bush's MMS crowd that Obama had no time to fire" comments. If that agency is as devoid of ethics and competence as some have said, shouldn't it have been cleaned up? And wouldn't you expect BO and his czarina to be aware of what the MMS was up to? (Well, OK - with BO's inexperience, he might be forgiven for not even knowing there was an MMS.)

Umm, Presidents don't have a magic wand they can wave and make civil service employees disappear. There are laws about this, but hey, why bother learning about the law, right?

You're a major league failure.

Wrong again idiot. Only presidential appointees can be fired at any time.

What advice was Browner giving him regarding the MMS? Any? I don't know. Maybe she decided on a hands-off approach, considering that, as agencies go, MMS was doing okay, being second only to the IRS in bringing in revenue.

You don't know, but that sure doesn't stop you from biasws speculation. The administration has forced some of bush appointees out and is working to oust the others. This has been reported in the news. You could Google it, but that would require some effort.

As condescending and full of yourself as you are, I'm guessing your face by now has a permanently fixed smirk.

No smirk. I am laughing hysterically at the inanity of wingnuts.

President's can ask political appointees to resign.

Civil service employees are not political appointees

Civil servants can be reassigned.

Not by the president

Agencies can be cleaned up one way or another and depending upon the provisions in the enacting legislation, some can indeed be fired by the Pres.

Agencies can't be fired. And CS employees can't be fired by the president

The Obama Administration's own appointee to direct MMS, Liz Birnbaum, may be an example, depending on who you talk to. Initial reportage indicated the WH fired her, but Salazar later said she resigned of her own volition. BO said of the matter, with characteristic aplomb, "Uhhh...I don't know."

And this has what to do with CS workers. I think you're confusing political appointees with CS workers

[quotr]Speaking of Birnbuam, how did she do in her brief term as Director?[/quote]

This OT question is obviously meant to distract from the discussion in the hopes no one will notice how everything you just said is wrong

Here's a clue: Birnbaum is not a CS employee

"technically not true"

Idiot rightwingers don't understand what the truth is.

United States civil service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Civil Service Commission was created by the Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act, which was passed into law on January 16, 1883. The commission was created to administer the civil service of the United States federal government in response to the assassination of President James Garfield. The law required certain applicants to take the civil service exam in order to be given certain jobs; it also prevented elected officials and political appointees from firing civil servants, removing civil servants from the influences of political patronage and partisan behavior.[9]

The last time I looked, the President was an elected official

Whatever. Birnbaum was the admin's appointee. Whether she was fired or resigned is academic, as is who in the admion can reassign civil servants. Agencies can be cleaned up.

Anyway. Thanks for including my Obama quote - it was my fvorite part of the post.

Whatever.

Why are you being so cowardly? First, you made the argument as if it made a difference. But when you turn out to be wrong, then it's "whatever"

Birnbaum was the admin's appointee. Whether she was fired or resigned is academic,

Again, Birnbaum is a political appointee. We're not talking about political appointees

as is who in the admion can reassign civil servants.

Oy vey!

The president can not reassign civil service employees (which are different than "civil servants")

Agencies can be cleaned up.

Again, this is irrelevant. Maybe you're trying to make some relevant point that I'm just not getting because you haven't made it. If so, why don't you just make a clear argument, instead of trying to soothe your ego by "winning" on some irrelevant point about Birnbaum or cleaning up agencies

Whatever. Birnbaum was the admin's appointee. Whether she was fired or resigned is academic, as is who in the admion can reassign civil servants. Agencies can be cleaned up.

Anyway. Thanks for including my Obama quote - it was my fvorite part of the post.

Well done - Obama has failed miserably with the clean up efforts - weeks late to the disaster as it were.

Forum List

Back