Day 100, an Irritated President Obama Responds to Tea Parties

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009
On Day 100, an Irritated President Obama Responds to Tea Parties

RUSH: We're back. President Obama today is out celebrating his first 100 days in orifice. He went to my home state of Missouri. He went to Arnold, Missouri, at Fox High School. I have two sound bites from President Obama. And those of you -- and there were hundreds of thousands of you -- who attended the tea parties on April 15th, I want you to know that President Obama, the president of all the people, The One, the Most Merciful, was really irritated by what you did. He does not like at all what you did. And he doesn't think what you did was worth the time you spent on it. We have two sound bites here. Here's the first.

OBAMA: Those of you who are watching certain news channels, on which I'm not very popular, and you see folks waving tea bags around, let me just remind them that I am happy to have a serious conversation about how we are going to cut our health care costs down over the long term, how we're gonna stabilize Social Security. Let's not play games and pretend that the reason is because of the Recovery Act, because that's just a fraction of the overall problem that we've got.

RUSH: Now, this is not wise. This is a man who supposedly has great political instincts, correct? Barack Obama. But this is a bitter clinger moment here. He's looking at you people that went to the tea parties, and he doesn't like you at all, "waving tea bags around, let me just remind them I'm happy to have a serious conversation about how we are --" You know, he's not president of all the people. I mean, he's cold, and he's partisan. It's going to start trickling out. Things that irritate him, he's going to eventually let it be known how irritated he is. He says let's "have a serious conversation about how we're going to cut our health care costs over the long term." You know how we're going to do that, we're going to raise taxes, and then we're going to have government programs. Health care costs are impossible to come down the way he's going to do it. Can anybody tell me when government's lowered the cost of anything? It's not going to happen. But the tea parties were not even about health care. The tea parties were about his irresponsible spending, his irresponsible growth of government, his irresponsible power grab over individual liberty and freedom. Here's the second sound bite he had for those of you who attended the tea parties.

OBAMA: We are going to have to tighten our belts, but we're going to have to do it in an intelligent way, and we gotta make sure that the people who are helped are working American families and we're not suddenly saying that the -- the way to do this is to eliminate programs that help ordinary people and give more tax cuts to the wealthy. We tried that formula for eight years. It did not work, and I don't intend to go back to it.

RUSH: Boy, he's really fit to be tied here. We're going to have to tighten our belts? What do you call 600,000 people losing their jobs every month, Mr. President? Is that not tightening their belts? We're going to have to do it in an intelligent way, make sure that people who are helped are working American families, in other words, the only way anybody's going to get ahead in Obama's world is if the government's there shepherding you through your day. It's just plain wrong, and it will never happen, and if it's tried, it will fail. Eliminate programs, we're not suddenly saying the way to do this is to eliminate programs. Listen to this. We're talking about individual prosperity and success, and he's talking about government programs. I don't know about you, folks, I haven't needed a government program for my success. Now, I know, a lot of people -- and I'm not talking about unemployment or any of this kind of thing. I have not needed a government program for my success. And the people who have achieved great things, and many have, haven't done it with a government program.

Some business may have gotten tax breaks and so forth, but what Obama means is a government program that shepherds people and does things for them, rather than them doing the work. And that's an illusion anyway. He just wants people to think that's going to happen so they'll continue to sit on their hands and wait for it to happen. Like how many people are still waiting for them to pay their mortgage or find them a home or fill their gas tank? Make no mistake there still are people out there. "And give more tax cuts to the wealthy." Tax cuts to the wealthy. Do you know that the bottom 50% of taxpayers in this country pay less than 3% of the total tax burden. Would somebody tell me all these tax cuts for the rich, the rich are paying a greater and greater share of the tax burden every year, with a lower percentage. They're reporting earning more dollars. This is academic stuff. It's been proven. He's trying to rewrite history here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Obama irritated?

We will see The Obama more and more irritated as time goes on.
This won't matter to all his cult followers. To them, he can do no wrong.
Just like the Jews with Hitler.....many didn't know what was going on until they were in the gas chambers. Then it was too late

New Topics

Forum List

Back