Dawn of the Planet of The Apes: Don't waste your money

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Empty plot, 130 minutes that have nothing to do with "Dawn" - as in "The Beginning...of the Planet Apes"
***************** SPOILER ALERT************
For whatever reason Hollywood changed the story. And the title of the movie has nothing to do with what happens in it. What you get is 130 minutes of a mini battle between a small group of humans against a small group of apes - and no one wins. That's right - no one wins.
Instead you get a goody-goody feel good story of "why can't we all just get along".
Perhaps someone should have told the writers that the Apes win. That is why it is called "Planet of the Apes".

As global IQ continues to drop, Hollywood has to keep writing movies for the lowest common denominator. This is helping the fortunes of some pay-TV channels which produce limited appeal, but intelligent (kind of) dramas. Movies usually appeal to a broader cross section of the public.

I have no idea why this movie was so highly rated.
I would not have been surprised if the ending song would have been John Lennon singing "Imagine"...or perhaps...the Apes and the Humans holding hands in a circle singing kumbaya.
I hesitate to say this...but I could not help seeing a thinly veiled anti-war political theme in the whole movie. Everyone who carries a gun is either a crazed maniac...or a drunken fool. Meanwhile the the good looking "smart" people want to have a love-in and suggest everyone partake in a get-in-touch-with-your-feelings seminar.
It was a disaster. And a smack in the face to the whole Planet of the Apes story

Last edited:
Somebody is running on an empty tank if they premier a remake of a 40 year old movie and screw up the story line.

Heck, even the remake of Superman was true to the original.

I hate when hollywood screws up a good movie with politically correct claptrap. Thanks for the warning...I will pass this one by.

The movie was awesome. You people don't have a glue what you are talking about. The plot was solid. The acting amazing. The apes look so real it's scary. It's setting up for a great showdown.

You people are morons!

The movie was awesome. You people don't have a glue what you are talking about. The plot was solid. The acting amazing. The apes look so real it's scary. It's setting up for a great showdown.

You people are morons!

You don't get it.
"Planet of the Apes" - perhaps you have seen it. Or at least can defer from the name what happens...The Apes won. Humans lost.
That's why it isn't called "Planet of the Humans".
In the "DAWN...of the Planet of the Apes" - you know "Dawn" as in "beginning of"...
We know from the books and the original movie that mankind nearly destroyed themselves in a nuclear war. Somehow monkeys evolved into an intelligent species. How is not explained in the original series.
But nevertheless, the apes won a war with the remaining humans and thus became "The Planet of the Apes".

This movie was one of two things, either it was made with no regard for the plotline of the series.
Or it just used the brand name of the series to sell tickets by creating a non-movie.
I guess in 2018 we will be watching "Planet of the Apes VIII - the battle begins"

Last edited:

You people are morons!

You don't get it.
"Planet of the Apes" - perhaps you have seen it. Or at least can defer from the name what happens...The Apes won. Humans lost.
That's why it isn't called "Planet of the Humans".
In the "DAWN...of the Planet of the Apes" - you know "Dawn" as in "beginning of"...
We know from the books and the original movie that mankind nearly destroyed themselves in a nuclear war. Somehow monkeys evolved into an intelligent species. How is not explained in the original series.
But nevertheless, the apes won a war with the remaining humans and thus became "The Planet of the Apes".

This movie was one of two things, either it was made with no regard for the plotline of the series.
Or it just used the brand name of the series to sell tickets by creating a non-movie.
I guess in 2018 we will be watching "Planet of the Apes VIII - the battle begins"

The original POA was great, but then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th were garbage. The story went to humans taking apes as pet and then slaves, since all our cats and dogs died! Sorry but that storyline is pointless and clueless.

I like the current story a lot better. Don't worry the apes will win in the next epic battle.

Forum List

Back