Davy Jones is Dead

Mickey Dolenz. His daughter Amy is a hottie. Apparently she has done some acting too. ;)

Mickey+Dolenz+Amy+Dolenz+Premiere+MGM+Halloween+FDQrXeI9DVsl.jpg

I Wanna Be Free

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZYXBtEuLw]Monkees - I Wanna Be Free (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

The slower version...

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the Monkees. Specifically remember being sick with a high fever watching one of their shows that was like being sick with a really high fever. . . the one where they were riding motorcycles inside their apartment. lol

I swiped my brother's 'Monkees Headquarters' album . . .didn't ever give it back either.

Sad that DJ is gone. :( And? I didn't have him on my damn dead list either! :mad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSETPC5PhhY]the Monkees - sweet young thing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxrV-1FmUY&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]The Monkees - Love is Only Sleeping - YouTube[/ame]

Kinda forgot how really good these guys could be at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... The Best Buy is certain to be all out of Monkees CDz today...

RIP FauxArtist who has Died... You were a Funny Actor and you made me Laugh.

Slap Whitney when you see here! :thup:

:)

peace...

peace...

He started out as an actor and was hired as one in the SITCOM, The Monkees - you are right. But he became a very highly successful musician, as they all did. The remaining three are all still touring today!

peace...

He started out as an actor and was hired as one in the SITCOM, The Monkees - you are right. But he became a very highly successful musician, as they all did. The remaining three are all still touring today!

It's the standard, "they aren't real Musicians" line from my Youth... :thup:

I liked em'...

He and they seem like good people also.

peace...

My husband is a huge fan. We saw Davy, Micky and Peter perform a few times in the 1990's. Have the whole Monkees series in two formats. Plus the movie Head and all sorts of other things the guys did together and on their own.

I'm going to miss Davy much more than ... well ... than the musicians whose passing got days and days of TV coverage and flags at half staff.

Last edited:
Davy Jones -- forever young and forever beloved by fans the last 50 years -- has died, according to Reuters. Age: 66. The cause of death was apparently a heart attack.

Jones and his band the Monkees were in a brief moment and time very nearly as popular as the Beatles -- whom they so gently satirized and idolized in that long ago NBC hit. ("The Monkees," by the way, bowed Sept. 13, 1966 -- five days after "Star Trek" launched.)

Davy Jones dead, Monkees singer was 66

Forum List

Back