David Sirota had a Guest on today discussing Race and Children...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
His Guest had data that showed that Minority Parents discuss Race with their Children at a FAR Higher Rate than Whites do.

She gave some examples of telling Children about People in History who were the same Color as they are, like MLK and others, while Whites didn't tend to do that or discuss Racial Differences.

I can't Imagine sitting down with either of my Children and pointing out James Madison as a White Man...

Is it me, or is this part of the Continuing Problem with the Races?...

Of course, we have a Racially Diverse Group of Family and Friends so our Children didn't need to be told about these Occassional Dark People who are seen on Outings...

:)

peace...

Perhaps that is because whites are a majority so we have less need to show our children the things that their race has achieved. I think it's great that any parents teach their kids about what others within their own race achieve. It gives those children a sense of the value that people who look more like them have contributed to the nation. That's great.

If I had children, I would talk to them about the vast number of people who have made our nation great.... I would talk to them about ALL Americans, and give them an understanding of the value of other people, whatever their skin color happens to be.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is because whites are a majority so we have less need to show our children the things that their race has achieved. I think it's great that any parents teach their kids about what others within their own race achieve. It gives those children a sense of the value that people who look more like them have contributed to the nation. That's great.

If I had children, I would talk to them about the vast number of people who have made our nation great.... I would talk to them about ALL Americans, and give them an understanding of the value of other people, whatever their skin color happens to be.

So far, I haven't had to make a Distinction to my Children about the Family and Friends who are not White that they see everyday...

This Women who was a Guest on Sirota's Show was saying that Many People start telling their Kindergarten Aged Children about the Race of People in History who are like them...

I just can't Imagine doing that...

And on their own, niether of my Children have asked about Asians, Blacks or Hispanics in our Life...

They are simply other People who Visit or who we Visit... Some Family, some Friends.

I have White Friends who look WAY different, either in Size or Weight or Disfigurement and they don't call it out.

There is one thing for Certain, if I was to do what this Guest of Sirota's said that "Many" in the Minority Community do, according to her Study, which is to point out to Kindergarten Aged Kids the Accomplishments of People of our Race, I would Feel that was Racist of me and Drawing Distinctions between us and some of their own Family Members.

Fuck that.

peace...

So far, I haven't had to make a Distinction to my Children about the Family and Friends who are not White that they see everyday...

This Women who was a Guest on Sirota's Show was saying that Many People start telling their Kindergarten Aged Children about the Race of People in History who are like them...

And on their own, niether of my Children have asked about Asians, Blacks or Hispanics in our Life...

They are simply other People who Visit or who we Visit... Some Family, some Friends.

I have White Friends who look WAY different, either in Size or Weight or Disfigurement and they don't call it out.

There is one thing for Certain, if I was to do what this Guest of Sirota's said that "Many" in the Minority Community do, according to her Study, which is to point out to Kindergarten Aged Kids the Accomplishments of People of our Race, I would Feel that was Racist of me and Drawing Distinctions between us and some of their own Family Members.

Fuck that.

peace...

Each to their own, Mal. My opinion is different to yours. I suspect that many minorities feel that it helps give their children a sense of value. I see no reason to berate them for that. In fact, quite the opposite. If it helps their child to see that they too can achieve in this nation, I think that absolutely fucking wonderful. I'm sorry you feel so threatened by what other people choose to teach their children.

Fuck that.

peace...

Each to their own, Mal. My opinion is different to yours. I suspect that many minorities feel that it helps give their children a sense of value. I see no reason to berate them for that. In fact, quite the opposite. If it helps their child to see that they too can achieve in this nation, I think that absolutely fucking wonderful. I'm sorry you feel so threatened by what other people choose to teach their children.

That's Cute... Threatened...

I Think it's Sad that there are People in this Country who Feel they Need to to it, and even Worse, Whites with some Painfully Misplaced Guilt who Applaud it.

In our Circle her in Denver, me and my People of Various Color in my Family and Friends don't Draw Distinctions with our Children...

I Feel Bad for those who Think that Self-Worth comes with the Color of their Skin.

And even Worse for their Children.

peace...

We should REALLY be Past this at this Point in our Country's History...

Yet when I Turn on Liberal Radio, what do I hear?...

Predictably, Liberals who say that Conservatives are Fixated on Race Fixating on Race...

Now for Liberals to come in and say that my Observation of an Hour of David Sirota's Show this Morning is ME Fixating on Race...

Carry on.

peace...

My Children Know Spanish... And yet NEVER has the Skin Color of those we Associate with or are Related to who Speak it become an Issue...

Not for my Children, or the Various Aged Children in our Circle.

I Think that if People in General Stopped Pointing out Race to Children as Obsessively as they do, it might just Heal Itself...

But we are Certainly NOT going to Try that Path.

peace...

Forum List

Back