David Limbaugh States the Obvious... again

Seems the only thing worse than endless spending on entitlements is offering up more tax cuts when you are already $14 trillion in debt

Its like losing your house to bankruptcy and going to your boss and asking if he can cut your hours

Seems the only thing worse than endless spending on entitlements is offering up more tax cuts when you are already $14 trillion in debt

Its like losing your house to bankruptcy and going to your boss and asking if he can cut your hours

Actually it's nothing like that. You seriously need to take an economics 101 class.

Actually it's nothing like that. You seriously need to take an economics 101 class.

I'm afraid it is exactly like that. All Republican debt reduction includes tax cuts

That is who needs Economics 101

Ironically the funniest aspect of this forum is how often conservatives refuse to admit they were wrong despite being proven wrong beyond all reasonable doubt.
Same challenge. Examples of HOW he's wrong?

I find it humorous that libs are going after this like like mad dogs after being hit by a rock, but have nothing of substance to bite on, so they bray and snap at anything they think they can and make false allegations.

There are people who write like this on both sides of the political aisle, and I have a hard time taking any of them seriously. The sin Limbaugh attributes to liberals is in fact his own.

Limbaugh argues that recent events, mainly the riots in Britain and the poor economic response to the debt ceiling battle, disprove the liberal view. He criticizes liberals for failing to recognize this apparently self-evident fact. He accuses them (or rather, us) of failing to adjust our worldview when confronted with new facts.

In fact, however, it is Limbaugh himself who is unmoved by facts. He refers to them, but is entirely unswayed by them. Does anyone believe that if recent events had been different in a plausible way *he* would adjust his view? Is he saying, "My conservative way of thinking predicted British riots (even though I didn't tell anyone before they started). If they had not in fact occurred I would be forced to readjust my views." Clearly, Limbaugh's political philosophy is fully formed, and his only goal is to fit events into it, rather than to be informed by events.

The downgrade in particular seems to follow more from a weakness of our political system than of either political party. Democrats spend more and don't raise taxes enough. Republicans spend more and cut taxes precipitously. Hence, we have much public debt, the underlying reason for our credit downgrade. Republican stubbornness led to brinkmanship which increased uncertainty, the proximate cause of S&P's downgrade. Credit ratings at the major agencies are now AA+ or AAA. Limbaugh offers no evidence for his claim that America's credit ratings would have been worse if we had failed to raise the debt ceiling.

Returning to the issue of whether liberals can change their mind, I think that both sides can be quite dogmatic. Nevertheless, liberals are at least philosophically dedicated to empirical thinking:

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." Bertrand Russell

Also, just to be petty, if Limbaugh wants to be taken seriously as the spokesman for "Every marginally intelligent person" (not to mention God) he should probably stop spelling "partier" with a "y".

Last edited:

I'm afraid it is exactly like that. All Republican debt reduction includes tax cuts

I didn't say Republicans don't ask for tax cuts, I said tax cuts aren't like an employee cutting their hours, dumb ass. They aren't. Cutting your hours cuts your pay, period. Cutting taxes grows the economy and reduces economic decisions being driven by taxes. Both of those increase revenue. Seriously dude, econ 101. Take a class.

There are people who write like this on both sides of the political aisle, and I have a hard time taking any of them seriously

I always like how liberals start with lines like this that make themselves sound balanced and then they go on to blast Republicans and compliment Democrats. You know, like you did.

I didn't say Republicans don't ask for tax cuts, I said tax cuts aren't like an employee cutting their hours, dumb ass. They aren't. Cutting your hours cuts your pay, period. Cutting taxes grows the economy and reduces economic decisions being driven by taxes. Both of those increase revenue. Seriously dude, econ 101. Take a class.

Cutting taxes grows the economy?

I can't believe you are still recycling that tired old Reagan supply side nonsenense

Last edited:
There are people who write like this on both sides of the political aisle, and I have a hard time taking any of them seriously

I always like how liberals start with lines like this that make themselves sound balanced and then they go on to blast Republicans and compliment Democrats. You know, like you did.

I never said I was indifferent between the Republican and Democratic parties. I was concerned though that without such a statement the bulk of my observations would be misinterpreted as a broad generalization about absolute differences between the rhetoric of the two parties.

Forum List

Back