David Koch breaks from GOP on gay marriage

TAMPA, Fla. – Billionaire industrialist David Koch, who is helping steer millions of dollars to elect Mitt Romney and congressional Republicans, on Thursday told POLITICO he disagrees with the GOP’s stance on gay marriage and believes the U.S. needs to consider raising taxes to balance the budget.

David Koch breaks from GOP on gay marriage, taxes, defense cuts - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

:clap2:

He steered millions of dollars to support a candidate who positions he didn't agree with?

Does anyone believe this?

TAMPA, Fla. – Billionaire industrialist David Koch, who is helping steer millions of dollars to elect Mitt Romney and congressional Republicans, on Thursday told POLITICO he disagrees with the GOP’s stance on gay marriage and believes the U.S. needs to consider raising taxes to balance the budget.

David Koch breaks from GOP on gay marriage, taxes, defense cuts - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

He steered millions of dollars to support a candidate who positions he didn't agree with?

David contributes to PBS, too. I see his name in the credits.

David contributes to PBS, too. I see his name in the credits.

PBS is educational. Wealthy Republicans endorse education for those of their kind. For the Republican base, wealthy Republicans spit on them and use them to win elections. It's pretty obvious.

So, will the GOP continue to be Koch Suckers and also change on the issue?

Or are they going to keep going full retard?
They are going to keep going full retard.

Nothing but one or two more MASSIVE losses like the last two in a row will set them on the right path again.

Sudenly all the Lefties love him! And I mean Love! (wink wink)
I don't. It's a ruse.

I don't love him either. His support of marriage equality doesn't erase everything else. I disagree that it is a ruse however. I'm telling you, he's got a gay branch of his family tree is all. It's how it happens for most people.

I don't get it. I don't get this part at all. And I can rock the cross. Maybe all the years in rock knowing so many from gay and that still pisses me off that I have to class them that way.

They are equal. They are better decorators. And hair, they are superb. How the hell can we not give gays equal status.

OK, My Mercer rant for the day.

Last edited:
Please don't get me wrong. There are so many who view this as a stepping stone to dismantle so many environments (its a whole different agenda that has nothing to do with gays) But they use this as a tool.

Please don't get me wrong. There are so many who view this as a stepping stone to dismantle so many environments (its a whole different agenda that has nothing to do with gays) But they use this as a tool.
There are so many tools being pulled out of the ideological as well as the agenda tool bin now, that it is getting hard to keep up with the type and kind that are to be used next. Yes there are now so many strange bedfellows coming together now, and so what will be the over all outcome in all of this over time I wonder ? First comes the splitting of many groups and/or certain groups, and then the re-grouping of others made out of the many, yet in order to achieve what in the end ?

Last edited:
There are so many tools being pulled out of the ideological as well as the agenda tool bin now, that it is getting hard to keep up with the type and kind that are to be used next. Yes there are now so many strange bedfellows coming together now, and so what will be the over all outcome in all of this over time I wonder ? First comes the splitting of many groups and/or certain groups, and then the re-grouping of others made out of the many, yet in order to achieve what in the end ?

Equality? Just spitballin' here.

Forum List

Back