David Horowitz's Black Reparation Ad

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IanC, Oct 1, 2011.

1. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    an oldie but goodie

this caused quite a stir on university campuses a decade ago

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    From what I've seen at university campuses lately is an unwillingness to hear anything a pro-America conservative has to say. Their damn professors brainwash them into forming hate groups to deny conservatives any semblance of civility if the university brings in traditional patriots to speak.

IOW, universities don't want no stinkin' truth to be told.

Thanks for a thought-provoking post, IanC. I had not seen David Horowitz' essay and I like the way he saw what murdering other Americans to shut them up was not something he would care to further pursue once he understood what it was to his friends' families who died at the hand of the very people they intended to help just for asking an inconvenient question or two. Conservatives keep on asking our inconvenient questions to mob thought, and we are met with no civility whatever. It's not the kind of country you'd care to leave your children any longer on account of the egregiousness of the stamping out of the truth in debate and replacing it with divisive liberal smarm that punishes the good, hardworking, honest American.

3. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    funny how Horowitz evolved from communism to conservative (at least on some subjects). kinda like how George Orwell changed his mind after reality disabused him of some of his beliefs

4. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,708
    Now there's the oxymoron of oxymorons!

5. freedombecki

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    His good friend's murder for questioning black muslims and their threats to him for even thinking of questioning them worried him out of communism. I'm only sorry Hillary Clinton wasn't frightened by them back in her AK-47 toting days.

6. freedombecki

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Sheeze, ed, who heated your Kool-Aid today? :lmao:

7. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    You're confusing the real America with the leftist ideal Amerika -- a carbon copy of the Soviet Union circa 1958.

8. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    no one wants to argue the validity of any of the ten points? how about this one-

Seven

The Reparations Claim Is One More Attempt To Turn African-Americans Into Victims. It Sends A Damaging Message To The African-American Community.

The renewed sense of grievance -- which is what the claim for reparations will inevitably create -- is neither a constructive nor a helpful message for black leaders to be sending to their communities and to others. To focus the social passions of African-Americans on what some Americans may have done to their ancestors fifty or a hundred and fifty years ago is to burden them with a crippling sense of victim-hood. How are the millions of refugees from tyranny and genocide who are now living in America going to receive these claims, moreover, except as demands for special treatment, an extravagant new handout that is only necessary because some blacks can't seem to locate the ladder of opportunity within reach of others -- many less privileged than themselves?