David Frum is spot-on inre: a Perry (R) candidacy

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Frum was worshiped by the Right until he said unpleasant truths about the direction the Right was going. Here's what he's currently up to :) :
Perry Nomination Will Alienate Young and Educated Voters | FrumForum
Perry’s latest pronouncement also serves to reaffirm the Republican Party’s descent among the educated. The 2008 election marked the first presidential election since polling companies started collecting data on degree holders in which voters with a college degree favored the Democratic candidate (50-48). As for those with post graduate education, the Democrats have won this category since 1988, but the gap is spreading, and in 2008, the Democrats defeated the Republicans 58-40

First, Frum is the JakeStarkey of political columnists, nobody believes he's really a Republican.

Second, I think the "educated" votes for Obama show the total failure of our sabotaged education system, I could tell he was a disaster right from the start and he proves me right time and time again

Frum is a conservative w/ brains AND a conscience. Not too many of those out there
David Frum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm a conservative Republican, have been all my adult life. I volunteered for the Reagan campaign in 1980. I've attended every Republican convention since 1988. I was president of the Federalist Society chapter at my law school, worked on the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal and wrote speeches for President Bush—not the "Read My Lips" Bush, the "Axis of Evil" Bush. I served on the Giuliani campaign in 2008 and voted for John McCain in November. I supported the Iraq War and (although I feel kind of silly about it in retrospect) the impeachment of Bill Clinton. I could go on, but you get the idea

Second, I think the "educated" votes for Obama show the total failure of our sabotaged education system

I don't know. Obama barely won the Democratic primaries. But by the time that was over many who doubted him because of his inexperience simply preferred him and his policies over John McCain.

A lot of the educated are turning their backs on Obama. I wonder if we could fairly say the same thing about the right's attitude towards Dubya in 2004.

I could tell he was a disaster right from the start and he proves me right time and time again

Confirmation bias says what?

Last edited:
Second, I think the "educated" votes for Obama show the total failure of our sabotaged education system

I don't know. Obama barely won the Democratic primaries. But by the time that was over many who doubted his inexperience simply preferred him and his policies over John McCain.

A lot of the educated are turning their backs on Obama. I wonder if we could fairly say the same thing about the right's attitude towards Dubya in 2004.

I could tell he was a disaster right from the start and he proves me right time and time again

Confirmation bias says what?

9% UE, record debt, deficits, poverty, homelessness, and food stamps say what?

Forum List

Back