David Frum Fired From Right Wing Think Tank

Just in passing - is there such a thing as a Left wing think tank?

Democratic Underground . com?

/ducks!

edit: by the way, thank you Barb for pointing out some real sites. Mine was strictly meant as a joke.

Immie

Last edited:
The Dums didn't need bipartisan support. They didnt care about bipartisan support. If they actually wanted bipartisan support they could have had it with Olympia Snowe but the WH instead chose to shut down committee negotiations and go it alone.
The only reason the phony "summit" was staged, where Obama got his ass handed to him, was because the MA election showed what a tough sell reform was going to be in Democratic districts.
But November is just around the corner. Taxes will increase. Companies will be shunting workers' healthcare off to the governmetn as they figure out it is cheaper to pay the fine than premiums. More people will die. And the GOP will get the biggest turnover in congressional history.

Yes my dear friend, November is just around the corner. People will wake up and find that granny is still alive, there are no death panels, their insurance company is still calling the shots and the economy is much stronger.
Meanwhile, the GOP will be whining that they need to take healthcare away from 33 million Americans, ban people with pre-existing conditions, introduce caps on how much insurance you can have...

November? Bring it on brother!

Actually they'll find their taxes have increased, they have no health benefits they didn't have last year (except insurance through their employer), and they are still unemployed.
Yeah. Bring it on is right. There isn't a poll around showing the public's opinion of Congress to be higher than snake shit.

How long you going to sing "The economy will fail" bullshit?

Any minute now....just you wait....trust us....the economy will fail

America ain't buying it anymore

“The present course cannot be followed forever.” David Frum

Oh woe the poor conservative, screw up as Bush did and presto chango you now are not a conservative. Think outside the box as Frum did and you are expelled from the church. There is a story that the first caveman who said it is nicer living outside in the sun and building a home was excommunicated from the cave too. Seems conservatives never change.

'Conservative thought will be banned under the new healthcare reform as so much negativity only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is in opposition to the general welfare clause of the constitution.' mc5

Just in passing - is there such a thing as a Left wing think tank?
Progressive Think Tanks

plenty.
The operative word is "think".

By that criteria, there are precious few, if any.

If they could only find the 'Brainpower'
Scarecrow.jpg

It is obvious that Frum's ex employer did not encourage independent thinking.

And should Frum file a Grievence because Conservatives told that jackass to take a hike because he was the GOTO guy by the Lib Media so they might relish the loser Frum beatup on his fellow Consrvatives?

Do you have a brain? or do you only pretend to think that you do?

WHY on Earth employ someone that contnues to damge your cause?

(Or did that escape you too)?

On Tuesday, in an interview with ABC, Mr. Frum said that Republicans were under the impression that TV network FOX worked for them, but now "we're discovering we work for FOX."

Read more: David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think-tank
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think tank

Kenyon Wallace, National Post Published: Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conservative commentator and National Post columnist David Frum has lost his job at the American Enterprise Institute, a right-wing public policy think tank, four days after he called the Republican Party's opposition to U.S. health-care reform the "most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s."

Mr. Frum, who has been a resident fellow at the AEI since 2003, announced the "termination" of his position on his blog on Thursday, saying the decision was made over lunch with AEI President Arthur Brooks.

Read more: David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think tank
<more>

I wouldn't exactly call it a crushing defeat when the Bill is rife with corruption and fraud, bribes and backroom deals were made to pass the thing...you must be real proud....but remember this...what comes around goes around.....Obama's Presidency is done.

And should Frum file a Grievence because Conservatives told that jackass to take a hike because he was the GOTO guy by the Lib Media so they might relish the loser Frum beatup on his fellow Consrvatives?

I guess I and most of America has a mistaken impression of what think tanks are.
I had thought them to be places that looked for soloutions to solve problems for our country,
not places that solved political problems.

On Tuesday, in an interview with ABC, Mr. Frum said that Republicans were under the impression that TV network FOX worked for them, but now "we're discovering we work for FOX."

Read more: David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think-tank

David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think tank

Kenyon Wallace, National Post Published: Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conservative commentator and National Post columnist David Frum has lost his job at the American Enterprise Institute, a right-wing public policy think tank, four days after he called the Republican Party's opposition to U.S. health-care reform the "most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s."

Mr. Frum, who has been a resident fellow at the AEI since 2003, announced the "termination" of his position on his blog on Thursday, saying the decision was made over lunch with AEI President Arthur Brooks.

Read more: David Frum dropped by U.S. conservative think tank
<more>

I wouldn't exactly call it a crushing defeat when the Bill is rife with corruption and fraud, bribes and backroom deals were made to pass the thing...you must be real proud....but remember this...what comes around goes around.....Obama's Presidency is done.

Hugely. Obama continues to nosedive.

I guess I and most of America has a mistaken impression of what think tanks are.
I had thought them to be places that looked for soloutions to solve problems for our country,
not places that solved political problems.

Frum Got what he deserved. At every turn he played to the media for himself and HIS ideals. They didn't match with his employ.

He got canned. He is much like several out there a Repubican.

I am not disputing that Frum got what he deserved. I am pretty sure he voted for Bush.

As did alot here.

Once bitten TWICE SHY.

Frum continuied to spout the same old shit. The game has changed. Frum was playing the old rules...and has always taken oppritunities to slam Conservatives. I was wondering what took them so long. FRUM is a phoney Conservative.

Bushs' "Compassionate Conservatism' got him into a qundry too. Pennance is being paid.

You don't EVER try to understand your enemies...EVER. And Yes *I* am calling Obama, the Statists in Congress Enemies.

*YOU may QUOTE ME*

Bush made a fatal mistake to the Republican Party...he tried to get along by BEING one of them to an extent. Too many followed it on the Domestic Front.

Bush did the correct thing as to terrorism, and that is his ONLY saving grace.

The country is now paying the PRICE for his folly. FRUM continues to fuck up in the same way as Bush. He got canned. Rightfully so.

Of course they fired him. The right doesn't want anyone who makes sense and thinks for himself. They prefer Palin and Beck and Bachmann types who can whip their followers into a violent frenzy to throw bricks, spit, yell ****** and faggot, send threatening letters and vandalize Democrat's property.

David Frum might cause Republicans to be able to get something done instead of block all progress in DC. We can't have that. He's fired.

Progress? Where are we supposed to be progressing to?

The only progress Democrats have made is progress to making our health care system worse and given them more power over our lives. How is that a good thing?

Wah, wahhh.........

Forum List

Back