David Broder To Reid - "Shut Up"

red states rule

May 30, 2006
It seems Harry Reid is becoming as popular as San Fran Nan

The very liberal David Broder of the Washington Post is getting embarrassed by his big mouth

Now libs are in full spin mode -they use the excuse Broder took his comments out of context

This is a bad one. The Washington Post's David Broder was interviewed today by XM radio's Bob Edwards, and Broder hammered Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for declaring the "war is lost" as follows:

BRODER: "Democrats by and large wish that Harry Reid would learn to engage mind before mouth opens.This has become kind of a pattern for him. I think at some point down the road the Democrats are going to have to have a little caucus to decide how much further they want to carry Harry Reid. They've got able people on the Senate side and they don't have to put up with this kind of bumbling performance forever."
EDWARDS: "Think Harry Reid is an embarrassment to the Democrats?"

BRODER: "I think so. I mean, he has been a pretty effective leader but he is verbally just a real loose cannon and it seems to me, Bob, that about every six weeks or so there's another episode where he has to apologize for the way in which he has bungled the Democratic case."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/horsesmouth/2007/04/broder_mangles.php

It seems Harry Reid is becoming as popular as San Fran Nan

The very liberal David Broder of the Washington Post is getting embarrassed by his big mouth

Now libs are in full spin mode -they use the excuse Broder took his comments out of context

This is a bad one. The Washington Post's David Broder was interviewed today by XM radio's Bob Edwards, and Broder hammered Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for declaring the "war is lost" as follows:

BRODER: "Democrats by and large wish that Harry Reid would learn to engage mind before mouth opens.This has become kind of a pattern for him. I think at some point down the road the Democrats are going to have to have a little caucus to decide how much further they want to carry Harry Reid. They've got able people on the Senate side and they don't have to put up with this kind of bumbling performance forever."
EDWARDS: "Think Harry Reid is an embarrassment to the Democrats?"

BRODER: "I think so. I mean, he has been a pretty effective leader but he is verbally just a real loose cannon and it seems to me, Bob, that about every six weeks or so there's another episode where he has to apologize for the way in which he has bungled the Democratic case."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/horsesmouth/2007/04/broder_mangles.php

The big news here is that David Broder made the news in between crocheting gigs.

the funniest part of this is that RSR refers to David Broder as "very liberal".

that is fucking funny! :lol:

the funniest part of this is that RSR refers to David Broder as "very liberal".

that is fucking funny! :lol:

He is

To you he appears to be a typical Bush hating reporter

The point is, White Flag Harry is starting to worry the cheerleaders in the press room

He is

To you he appears to be a typical Bush hating reporter

The point is, White Flag Harry is starting to worry the cheerleaders in the press room

no...he is not...he is known as a solid centrist. He attacks democrats as often as he attacks republicans.... ask the fans of Ed Muskie if Broder is a liberal!

you failed to address my point. he is a centrist.... go read, for example, the wikipedia biography on him.... see what it says. Broder goes after democrats as much as republicans...always has always will....

tell me one major liberal cause that broder has championed and I'll turn right around and show you one that he has skewered.

next I will say that you never know what the fuck you are talking about....

i say again:

tell me one major liberal cause that broder has championed and I'll turn right around and show you one that he has skewered.

are you gonna tell me that liberal cause or are you gonna fuckin tap dance?

next I will say that you never know what the fuck you are talking about....

i say again:

are you gonna tell me that liberal cause or are you gonna fuckin tap dance?

Broder is a lib reporter who sees how White Flag Harry is another Dean with a big mouth

To bad you can't handle the truth from a fellow lib

you don't know what you are talking about...broder is hardly "very liberal.

I ask you again to go back and ask Ed Muskie's supporters all about Broder.

no...he is not...he is known as a solid centrist. He attacks democrats as often as he attacks republicans
That's like looking at the "conflict" between a rapist and his victim, finding one guy who says the rapist shouldn't have done it but the girl deserved it because she habitually smiled, used makeup and dressed in attractive clothes instead of wearing chador... and calling that guy a "centrist".

Today's Republican party leans somewhat to the left of center, considering its new entitlements, expanding old entitlements, censorship of political speech, failure to defend our borders, appointment of Constitutionalist judges, and cutting tax rates -a weird mix. The Democrat party, at least the leadership and its press, are to the extreme left, more than at any time in the history of our country, though even they are outstripped by the extreme leftism of some european and asian nations.

Someone who stakes out a "middle" ground between the Republicans and Democrats, is hardly a "centrist".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's like looking at the "conflict" between a rapist and his victim, finding one guy who says the rapist shouldn't have done it but the girl deserved it because she habitually smiled, used makeup and dressed in attractive clothes instead of wearing chador... and calling that guy a "centrist".

Today's Republican party leans somewhat to the left of center, considering its new entitlements, expanding old entitlements, censorship of political speech, failure to defend our borders, appointment of Constitutionalist judges, and cutting tax rates -a weird mix. The Democrat party, at least the leadership and its press, are to the extreme left, more than at any time in the history of our country, though even they are outstripped by the extreme leftism of some european and asian nations.

Someone who stakes out a "middle" ground between the Republicans and Democrats, is hardly a "centrist".

so.... quit the tapdancing and the pontificating bullshit...just answer me this: are you backing up RSR's claim that David Broder is quote-very liberal-unquote? yes or no?

yes or no?

Getting back to the subject of the thread, Broder basically called Reid a loose cannon who talks without thinking. Though it's tempting to dismiss him that way, I believe that unfortunately Reid knew exactly what he was doing when he announced the war was lost. He was pandering to the extreme koos of his party for votes, indiffernt to the effects his words would have either on our troops or on the enemy. His words, along with recent surrender votes passed in the House and soon to be voted by the Senate, will result in more deaths for both our troops and for Iraqi civilians and troops.

There's a fine line between candor (free speech) and treason. Reid is carefully walking that line.

treason? fine line? BULLSHIT! Reid is SPEAKING. He is not providing AID nor COMFORT tothe enemy. He is not applying bandages to wounded AQ fighters, for crissakes! He is not housing insurgents in his family room!

and cute how you decide to "get back to the subject of the thread" when you get your ass handed to you....:lol:

He was pandering to the extreme koos of his party for votes.

Can you so easily dismiss the fact that it is the vast majority of this country who want us out of Iraq? We're not talking about extremists NOT supporting the war. IMO, the extremists are on the other side.

There's a fine line between candor (free speech) and treason. Reid is carefully walking that line.

Sure he is....

Can you so easily dismiss the fact that it is the vast majority of this country who want us out of Iraq? We're not talking about extremists NOT supporting the war. IMO, the extremists are on the other side.

Sure he is....

The voters wnat us out of Iraq after we win. Dems are surrendering and costing the nation the war

Libs have this fantasy it is a loss for Pres Bush - they do see past their hate how it is a loss for Amercia

The voters wnat us out of Iraq after we win. Dems are surrendering and costing the nation the war

Libs have this fantasy it is a loss for Pres Bush - they do see past their hate how it is a loss for Amercia

bullshit. have a dose of reality:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/26/the_skinny/main2730530.shtml

The Wall Street Journal reports on a new poll showing the public backs Congress in its showdown with the White House over Iraq.

The WSJ/NBC poll finds that by 56-37 percent Americans support setting a withdrawal date for U.S. troops. The poll also finds only 12 percent see improvement in Iraq since the start of President Bush's troop "surge."

Getting back to the subject of the thread, Broder basically called Reid a loose cannon who talks without thinking. Though it's tempting to dismiss him that way, I believe that unfortunately Reid knew exactly what he was doing when he announced the war was lost. He was pandering to the extreme koos of his party for votes, indiffernt to the effects his words would have either on our troops or on the enemy. His words, along with recent surrender votes passed in the House and soon to be voted by the Senate, will result in more deaths for both our troops and for Iraqi civilians and troops.

Representing the people who elected him is not treason and in fact it is his responsibilty to speak out and to represent the people who elected him. His position isn't any different than that of the President. While Bush represents those who voted for him Harry Reid represents different people and it is his duty to say the things that are true. We are losing this war and innocent Americans are coming home in body bags as the result of the treason Bush has committed against them and their families and it is Reid's responsibility to point out Bush's betrayal and the betrayal of Americans who support him and who are sons and our daughters are fighting and dying for. How many more people must die for Bush's OPINION and the OPINION of those who voted for him before they are held accountable.

New Topics

Forum List

Back