David Bowie Made Me Gay: The LGBT music thread

"people say that i'm gay gay gay gay. i'm not anything. i go from men to women. i dont give a shit" - Freddie Mercury

Bowie was so fucking weird why do i love him so much

he was messed up in the head!

EqmztGyXAAA8qOs

"Duran Duran will mark what would have been David Bowie’s 74th birthday by joining the star-studded tribute livestream "A Bowie Celebration: Just for One Day" on Friday night. In anticipation, the new wave legends have shared a new cover of Bowie's 1972 classic "Five Years".⁠

"Five Years" wasn't chosen at random. As the opening track to Bowie's iconic album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, it provided a formative moment for DD frontman Simon Le Bon. In a statement, he called it "our first taste of its perfection," explaining:⁠

"My life as a teenager was all about David Bowie. He is the reason why I started writing songs. Part of me still can't believe in his death five years ago, but maybe that's because there's a part of me where he's still alive and always will be. When we got the Ziggy Stardust LP and put the needle in the groove, our first taste of its perfection was the song Five Years. I can't begin to explain how honored I feel for Duran Duran to be given the opportunity to perform this icon, and to place our name alongside Bowie's for this commemoration of his music."⁠"

Forum List

Back