Dave Silverman "I'm an Atheist (And So Are You); Why I've Changed My Mind on Jewish Atheism"

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

The Pres of the Atheist Assoc, who was a Jew, tells you why unless you are practicing Judaism, you are not
a Jew,

A secular/ atheist Jew is not a Jew, because Judaism (Jew) is a religion.

The Pres of the Atheist Assoc, who was a Jew, tells you why unless you are practicing Judaism, you are not
a Jew,

A secular/ atheist Jew is not a Jew, because Judaism (Jew) is a religion.

LOL.. Being a Jew is in the soul, we are born with it. People choose what they do, but Jews can't choose not to be Jews. It's G-d who made us Jews:cool:

Jew is not a race, if you practice Judaism then you are a jew. God did't make you Jews , your crazy. I was told once a RC always a RC too, but if I do not practice RC I am not a RC. Sorry Jew is not a race. God didn't say if your mother is a jew you are, that doesn't even make sense.

No I agree with the first one, I was born and told I would always be a RC, but since I quit practicing RC , I am not anymore. If you practice Judaism then your Jew or otherwise your an atheist or agnostic, but you not a Jew.

We all know that. Most jews are atheist, and almost all the PM's of Israel have been atheists.

No I agree with the first one, I was born and told I would always be a RC, but since I quit practicing RC , I am not anymore. If you practice Judaism then your Jew or otherwise your an atheist or agnostic, but you not a Jew.

We all know that. Most jews are atheist, and almost all the PM's of Israel have been atheists.

Actually, do even Orthodox Jews follow the blood/burnt sacrifices as spelled out under the LAW? As a Christian I Biblically understand that Jesus completed the LAW and paid the perfect sacrifice once and forever. It just seems that without the Temple at Jerusalem, the Jews don't seem to be practicing their faith as they were instructed through Moses.

Actually, do even Orthodox Jews follow the blood/burnt sacrifices as spelled out under the LAW? As a Christian I Biblically understand that Jesus completed the LAW and paid the perfect sacrifice once and forever. It just seems that without the Temple at Jerusalem, the Jews don't seem to be practicing their faith as they were instructed through Moses.

But we kept the law which is how we remained a people:cool:

a
But we kept the law which is how we remained a people:cool:

I believe that what you kept are TRADITIONS, but you do not seem to practice out of FAITH. I suggest you read Hebrews ---- it was written by Jews for Jews.

Q:What is the difference between a Jew that believes in God versus a Jew that does not?

A:The side of the argument they take.

If a Jew professes atheism he is still considered part of the Jewish community by Jews, if that person converts to a goy religion he is considered dead to the community and a lot of parents sit Shiva

A former Jew can believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, be descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, hold fast to the Tanak, believing every word therein, keep kosher, support Israel, attend synagogue every Shabot, observe all the holy days, and yet believe in the goyim god yeshu and is not considered Jewish. Yet another can totally eschew the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, stay away from synagogue on shabot, and yet still be called Jewish.

Last edited:
The Nazis had some ideas about who was Jewish. They had some other 'interesting' ideas about their fellow humans.
Their ideas were wrong.
There is one race and all humans are part of it.
Religion is a choice. Taking choice away from a human is to reduce that human.
Believe what you like. The truth is always there to be experienced. It is personal. It is intimate. If one does not have that, one has only illusion, dreams and limitation.

Forum List

Back