Dave from NJ, founder of Votetocracy

No it doesn't. But imagine: 1 million people vote no and congress votes yes on a bill. That certainly, in my opinion, creates some leverage.

No it doesn't. But imagine: 1 million people vote no and congress votes yes on a bill. That certainly, in my opinion, creates some leverage.

Internet polls are bogus

Ask President Ron Paul

Tell that to the women who called us last week about a coast guard bill. She was frustrated, didn't know what to do. Now she and her friends have sent 1,000 plus letters to Congress. Has it moved the bill? No. Could it if people like her are sending tens of thousands of messages. Yes. Could it if there is a place where everyone can measure the agreement levels? YES!

And if you don't think that is worth a shot... I suppose we could keep talking and bickering on internet forums.

So, actually you have an advocacy thing going on. Me like, me like. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Yes, Personalized advocacy. . We like to say we are trying to level the paying field between K Street and Main Street. The power of the platform is entirely dependent on volume though.

Internet polls are bogus

Ask President Ron Paul

Tell that to the women who called us last week about a coast guard bill. She was frustrated, didn't know what to do. Now she and her friends have sent 1,000 plus letters to Congress. Has it moved the bill? No. Could it if people like her are sending tens of thousands of messages. Yes. Could it if there is a place where everyone can measure the agreement levels? YES!

And if you don't think that is worth a shot... I suppose we could keep talking and bickering on internet forums.
Rightwinger was being ironic. ..

Yes, Personalized advocacy. . We like to say we are trying to level the paying field between K Street and Main Street. The power of the platform is entirely dependent on volume though.
Outstanding idea. I see the day coming when every citizen is on the net and can be polled regularly about legislation. Not a bad idea at all.

Outstanding idea. I see the day coming when every citizen is on the net and can be polled regularly about legislation. Not a bad idea at all.

Glad you like it. I'll try not to promote the site here though - unless obviously appropriate or asked about it - which is what happened here.

Internet polls are bogus

Ask President Ron Paul

Rightwinger was being ironic. ..

Darn it. Wish there was an app for detecting irony. It often escapes me.

th

You sound really interesting.....someone that can actually discuss political topics intelligently. Hope you enjoy posting here.

Hey thanks. Yes, I can discuss political topics. But in a kinda weird way. I'm not someone who is "into politics". Instead I am into how citizens interact with Congress. So you'll find most of my posts will be about encouraging debate around positive action, improved participation (including my own) versus debating red vs blue. Looking forward to it.

Forum List

Back