Daughter's Transition

Yeah,

Love You Forever

Love You Forever

by Robert Munsch

A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!"

But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The little boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was nine years old. And he never wanted to come in for dinner, he never wanted to take a bath, and when grandma visited he always said bad words. Sometimes his mother wanted to sell him to the zoo!

But at night time, when he was asleep, the mother quietly opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep, she picked up that nine-year-old boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a teenager. He had strange friends and he wore strange clothes and he listened to strange music. Sometimes the mother felt like she was in a zoo!

But at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, "You'd better come see me because I'm very old and sick." So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always...

But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick. The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be.

When the son came home that night, he stood for a long time at the top of the stairs. Then he went into the room where his very new baby daughter was sleeping. He picked her up in his arms and very slowly rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while he rocked her he sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Now why'd you have to do that!!!

Cycle of life shit always gets me. Last night we watched "Up". Parts of it will lump your throat.

First I brag a little...She has it all, good looks, straight A,s, a warm loving heart, a knack for cooking, she's even wrote her first book. She's almost 17 yrs. old and a Junior in high school.

But now, the transition has started, she's got her driving permit, checking out colleges and she's found her first love. I know it's the the way of the world but these transitions just suck.

Damn time.. moves on far too quickly and another is leaving the nest...:(

I don't even want to think about my son driving. He will be two in a few days and it was hard enough taking him to daycare for the first time and he walked away like it was no big deal.:(

My two will be 15 in January. Old enough for permits. :(

Where the hell did the time go? Seems like we were only in the Fisher Price stage just yesterday. *cry*

I always liked this poem, I need to lighten up

ME MUDDER

When me prayers were poorly said
Who tucked me in me widdle bed
And spanked me till me arse was red

Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot
And put me on the ice cold pot
And made me pee if I could not

Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
And in me crib me dribbled some
Who wiped me tiny widdle bum

Me Mudder

Who would me hair so neatly part
And hug me gently to her heart
Who sometimes squeezed me till me fart

Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
And nearly have a king size fit
When in me Sunday pants me shit

Me Mudder

When at night her bed did squeak
Me raised me head to have a peak
Who yelled at me to go to sleep

Me Farver!

(Just google... Me Mudder)

Last edited:
I always liked this poem, I need to lighten up

ME MUDDER

When me prayers were poorly said
Who tucked me in me widdle bed
And spanked me till me arse was red

Me Mudder

Who took me from me cozy cot
And put me on the ice cold pot
And made me pee if I could not

Me Mudder

And when the morning light would come
And in me crib me dribbled some
Who wiped me tiny widdle bum

Me Mudder

Who would me hair so neatly part
And hug me gently to her heart
Who sometimes squeezed me till me fart

Me Mudder

Who looked at me with eyebrows knit
And nearly have a king size fit
When in me Sunday pants me shit

Me Mudder

When at night her bed did squeak
Me raised me head to have a peak
Who yelled at me to go to sleep

Me Farver!

(Just google... Me Mudder)

Oh man!

My 20 year old stepson calls me "Udder Mudder". Always has since he was 4 years old.

Still does.

He's in the Air Force now. "Calls home" (me) just to check on his "Udder Mudder", even though his Dad and I have been divorced 15 years (my twins are his half sibs).

*sigh*

Udder Mudder

Yeah,

Love You Forever

Love You Forever

by Robert Munsch

A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she held him, she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!"

But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The little boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was nine years old. And he never wanted to come in for dinner, he never wanted to take a bath, and when grandma visited he always said bad words. Sometimes his mother wanted to sell him to the zoo!

But at night time, when he was asleep, the mother quietly opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep, she picked up that nine-year-old boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

The boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a teenager. He had strange friends and he wore strange clothes and he listened to strange music. Sometimes the mother felt like she was in a zoo!

But at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

That teenager grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was a grown-up man. He left home and got a house across town. But sometimes on dark nights the mother got into her car and drove across town. If all the lights in her son's house were out, she opened his bedroom window, crawled across the floor, and looked up over the side of his bed. If that great big man was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Well, that mother, she got older. She got older and older and older. One day she called up her son and said, "You'd better come see me because I'm very old and sick." So her son came to see her. When he came in the door she tried to sing the song. She sang:

I'll love you forever,

But she couldn't finish because she was too old and sick. The son went to his mother. He picked her up and rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And he sang this song:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be.

When the son came home that night, he stood for a long time at the top of the stairs. Then he went into the room where his very new baby daughter was sleeping. He picked her up in his arms and very slowly rocked her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while he rocked her he sang:

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

They made that poem into a book, and my sister gave it to my when my boys were little. I sobbed all the way through every time I read it, which was every night for a year.

Where the hell did the time go? Seems like we were only in the Fisher Price stage just yesterday. *cry*

Only yesterday we had Little Tyke train running between family room and kitchen. Swing sets in backyard.

More recent were prom dresses and sorority pledges. Fraternity parties and warnings.

Time. Flees.

The secret is to gain weight. Then you're still bigger than they are, and can still function in the same role.

My boys are grown and on their own. They're still my little boys. They call or I call almost daily, we visit whenever we can, they talk to their little brother and sister on the phone regularly and my oldest takes them separately for a week to ten days each summer just to spend time with them.

They're such good boys.

And I still tweak their ears when they need it.

I noticed time started flying when we had our first child. The little buggers age you in all sorts unique ways. Would I change it... Nah

Then they move out and damned, you still worry about them...:eusa_eh:

I wrote this for my daughter when she turned 13 last year. She's not seen it but I hope to read it at her wedding. If she never marries, she'll find it with my will- to read at my funeral:

Sitting in Flowers

Take your tiny self,
Innocent enough,
From that high shelf.

You’re so tough,
Where will you go
All by your self.

You grow.

I see tomorrow,
You filled with sorrow.
Days pass like the hour.

For mother and me,
Time taught us both
What you soon will see.

We, too, grow.

But for now
You are ours.
Stand yourself still
A few more hours.

Stay as we saw you
One day on the hill,
Sitting in flowers.

I wrote this for my daughter when she turned 13 last year. She's not seen it but I hope to read it at her wedding. If she never marries, she'll find it with my will- to read at my funeral:

Sitting in Flowers

Take your tiny self,
Innocent enough,
From that high shelf.

You’re so tough,
Where will you go
All by your self.

You grow.

I see tomorrow,
You filled with sorrow.
Days pass like the hour.

For mother and me,
Time taught us both
What you soon will see.

We, too, grow.

But for now
You are ours.
Stand yourself still
A few more hours.

Stay as we saw you
One day on the hill,
Sitting in flowers.

You sure have the gift.. I'm titched .. no..no..touched..:lol:... Thank you, I owe you a rep, I'm running on empty.

Yeah,

Love You Forever

Love You Forever

by Robert Munsch

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

I'll love you forever,

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my Mommy you'll be.

I'll love you forever,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

Now why'd you have to do that!!!

Cycle of life shit always gets me. Last night we watched "Up". Parts of it will lump your throat.

This comes as a complete surprise.. Xotoxi has a heart...mm

OMG! I just got teary eyed. Love You Forever was our favorite book when my boys were little. My 19 yr old son finally unpacked all his suitcases from Africa, and the book was in there. He had taken it with him.

My eldest daughter was just accepted at The University of Texas, 150 miles away. All though it's 10 months away I am getting anxious about it. I cant imagine her being on her own, she will be staying in the dorm for at least her freshman year it's still getting difficult for me to realize.

My eldest daughter was just accepted at The University of Texas, 150 miles away. All though it's 10 months away I am getting anxious about it. I cant imagine her being on her own, she will be staying in the dorm for at least her freshman year it's still getting difficult for me to realize.

Our oldest just went off to college last year (she's a sophomore now). Our one rule was that she had to be within a 2 hr. (or less) drive. We were stubborn about it. She's 45 minutes away and is very grateful (especially her freshman year) that she can come home whenever she wants.

We live in N. California, my daughter's talking about colleges in Washington state.

Forum List

Back