Dateline NBC: Katrina five years later

Last edited:
I don't get Fox News on my television. Have they done any retrospective on Katrina at all?

I ask because some folks wouldn't believe the sun would rise in the morning unless Fox told them so. And if they should hear or see anything offered by any other news outlet, they would turn a blind eye and shout "bias!", as if Fox has none of its own.

I don't get Fox News on my television. Have they done any retrospective on Katrina at all?

I ask because some folks wouldn't believe the sun would rise in the morning unless Fox told them so. And if they should hear or see anything offered by any other news outlet, they would turn a blind eye and shout "bias!", as if Fox has none of its own.

I just did a google of "fox news Katrina" and found this

FOXNews.com - AP IMPACT: Katrina recovery a tale of SBA delays, rejections, 'things that were wrong'

Study: Anxiety Still Rampant in Katrina Kids - Mental Health | Illness | Disorders - FOXNews.com

FOXNews.com - Five Years After: Hurricane Katrina Began as Unassuming Tropical Depression

FOXNews.com - AP IMPACT: Katrina recovery a tale of SBA delays, rejections, 'things that were wrong'

Study: Anxiety Still Rampant in Katrina Kids - Mental Health | Illness | Disorders - FOXNews.com

FOXNews.com - Five Years After: Hurricane Katrina Began as Unassuming Tropical Depression

Apparently his Google is busted...

Thanks for helping him out...

Apparently his Google is busted...

Thanks for helping him out...
Of course I could Google Fox News, thanks Plymco! But I was interested in the tone and timbre of their 'news' broadcast and the amount of time they devoted to the Katrina aftermath.

As some have fear and loathing for any news outlet other than those with the bias they prefer, I thought it might be helpful for me to understand precisely what Fox had to say. Just to put some perspective on this whole 'news bias' argument.

Of course I could Google Fox News, thanks Plymco! But I was interested in the tone and timbre of their 'news' broadcast and the amount of time they devoted to the Katrina aftermath.

As some have fear and loathing for any news outlet other than those with the bias they prefer, I thought it might be helpful for me to understand precisely what Fox had to say. Just to put some perspective on this whole 'news bias' argument.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUYiZWztuU]YouTube - Flashback: Fox News Covers Katrina![/ame]

It is sad how the white people have not rebuilt the chocolate city yet.

Wow. Minimal NOLA bashing posts. I am impressed.

I just got back from the city a couple of weekends ago. After being there pre and post Katrina things subjectively look much better but there is still a long, long ways to go.

FactCheck.org: Katrina: What Happened When

As in any case of a disaster of this size, the failure to foresee the scope of the disaster is the prime cause of the deaths and property loss. The only way to prevent a repeat is to evacuate much earlier when a major hurricane is headed that way. And to build with the knowledge that New Orleans will flood again.

As for the clusterfuck after Katrina, on the Federal level, what else could one expect when the appointee heading the agency is a failed horse show manager. As far as local government was concerned, it was Louisiana, after all.

I have read of a number of groups like this in New Orleans. Perhaps a lesson has been learned.

evacuteer news – evacuteer.org - be here. new orleans.

FactCheck.org: Katrina: What Happened When

As in any case of a disaster of this size, the failure to foresee the scope of the disaster is the prime cause of the deaths and property loss. The only way to prevent a repeat is to evacuate much earlier when a major hurricane is headed that way. And to build with the knowledge that New Orleans will flood again.

As for the clusterfuck after Katrina, on the Federal level, what else could one expect when the appointee heading the agency is a failed horse show manager. As far as local government was concerned, it was Louisiana, after all.

I have read of a number of groups like this in New Orleans. Perhaps a lesson has been learned.

evacuteer news – evacuteer.org - be here. new orleans.

The Friday before the storm, no one in the city thought it would hit.

That Saturday morning, Nagin called for an evacuation.

The storm hit early Tuesday morning.

Legally, there were and still are questions about the legality of a "mandatory evacuation"

Pragmatically, it would take three months to force every person out of their house against their will.

The reality is that a certain percentage of people won't/can't evacuate for whatever reason and it is always going to be that way.

I just got back from the city a couple of weekends ago. After being there pre and post Katrina things subjectively look much better but there is still a long, long ways to go.

I did noticed the exits on I-10 east of New Orleans and south of Slidell are now permanently closed.

I did noticed the exits on I-10 east of New Orleans and south of Slidell are now permanently closed.

Oh yeah. Slidell got frigging slammed.

At least the Scuttlebutt is still open.

Forum List

Back