date on tuesday

LOL@ the Swingers references Shogun!

(great movie btw)

I actually had a guy tell me he didn't call me for 3 days after our first date because that's what they said to do in Swingers!

he must not have watched the end of the movie!

hehehe..

true story: Swingers and Willie Nelson's Red Headed Stranger are the two things I suggest to all of my guy friends who get dumped. They are both rather cathartic that way.

speaking of flowers, I'm giving my special lady friend the first flower of our relationship today. a white rose. But, we've been friends for ten years so..

Excellent, she will love that.

The best relationships are when you are friends first imo.

Ok so where should i bring her and should i buy a flower or two for her? there going to be one or stem roses.

I was thinking movie dinner. A lot of other people saying both.

she 20 i am 22 years old.

I'm in agreement with others. Forget the flowers. Even though it's a very sweet thought, it will complicate things - she'll have to find a place to put them, get them some water so they don't die, etc. Keep it simple and sweet and have fun. :)

I'm old fashioned - simple flowers - random lil bunch - get's kudos from me 1st or 100th date.

Seems you are the flower giving type- remember 1st dates are interviews for BOTH parties involved- do you want a girl that likes the romantic gestures? Bring the flowers. If she's sketched out she may be a bit too "modern" for YOUR tastes. You deserve to know if she's up to YOUR standards too.

My first reaction was the popular one: NO FLOWERS.

But I think Fayebelle's right: If you're the romantic type, then be yourself, and bring the flowers. Maybe you'll get lucky and find she's also the romantic type and will allow you to get to second base on the first date.

Dinner and a movie?

BOOOORRRRRIINNNGGGG!!!!!

Do something fun and exciting like taking here to a rock climbing gym. An adrenaline rush makes it easier to get some later.

Ok so where should i bring her and should i buy a flower or two for her? there going to be one or stem roses.

I would bring a flower, but not a rose. It would be more out of respect than anything else. Dinner and movie sound good. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

your not explaing the flowers thing at all. you are saying its to early. how is that over kill how is that doing something to snappy.

i just need a better defection to understand where you coming from.

I say that 'if you know her well enough to have asked her out,' a single flower is very nice and sort of old fashioned, most girls like that. Like Big Dog said, dinner is good, so that you can get to know each other more. You have to talk or it's going to be a long dinner. ;)

If you're having a good time and there's a theater nearby, you can ask if she'd like to, (ie., you're not 'trapped' into a longer date than either may want.) OTOH, it may be too late on school/work night. Tuesday? Right? If the restaurant is in shopping area or you're lucky enough to be in warm climate, you could forgo the flower at the beginning and stop and buy one for her in a shop-that's sort of cool.

street car named desire...remember the old lady selling flowers on the street...flowers for the dead...

okay maybe she is a sucker for this ....odds are she is not....kinda pollyanna stuff if you ask me...

screw the roses, send me the thorns.....

Dinner and a movie?

BOOOORRRRRIINNNGGGG!!!!!

Do something fun and exciting like taking here to a rock climbing gym. An adrenaline rush makes it easier to get some later.

:thup:

If it were me, we'd go to Playtime Pizza and play laser tag, ride in bumper cars and go-carts, and rock climb.

Playtime Pizza - The Family Fun Center

LOL! Not a lot of talking there. :clap2:

Are you saying talking is important???????

I'm in agreement with others. Forget the flowers. Even though it's a very sweet thought, it will complicate things - she'll have to find a place to put them, get them some water so they don't die, etc. Keep it simple and sweet and have fun. :)

Good point. Maybe a chocolate rose.

LOL! Not a lot of talking there. :clap2:

Are you saying talking is important???????

Well no, not if you're uninterested in getting to know the person. C'mon, you do remember life before marriage?

Getting to know the person is important? :confused:

I've been married so long, I can't even remember my wife's name. Good thing I call her 'sweetie', otherwise I'd be in big trouble.

Forum List

Back