date on tuesday

critter

Rookie
Sep 7, 2009
new hampshire
Ok so where should i bring her and should i buy a flower or two for her? there going to be one or stem roses.

I was thinking movie dinner. A lot of other people saying both.

she 20 i am 22 years old.

Make sure she pays her own way, you want to set the ground rules fast before she expects you to pay for everything.

Just kidding, but no flowers on the first date.

Ok so where should i bring her and should i buy a flower or two for her? there going to be one or stem roses.

Be yourself, and do what you feel she would like, after all we don't know her at all, you do

• Banned

Be yourself, and do what you feel she would like, after all we don't know her at all, you do

Well yea i don't know her to much so i had my friend come with me to look at some flowers. I know to be myself, some reason i think i might be more heading to a dinner than movie i think it just better.

but we will see.

Well yea i don't know her to much so i had my friend come with me to look at some flowers. I know to be myself, some reason i think i might be more heading to a dinner than movie i think it just better.

but we will see.

A daisy would be nice. Keep it simple. Unless she is shallow :eusa_angel:

Way too early for flowers... As somebody already mentioned, overkill. You don't want to come off as "sappy" or "hard up for a date". I would keep the date fairly simple. Go someplace for dinner where you can have a nice long chat and get to know each other a bit. Maybe dinner and a movie but not much more than that. No over doing it. Keep it all nice but simple. The very most important thing is to be yourself. Don't try to be somebody or something you think she's interested in. Be yourself. Be polite and respectful. I know this sounds like very "old" and "dated" advice but by all means open doors for her, i.e., car doors, doors to the dinner, etc. If at the end of the night the chemistry is there, ask her for another date. If not, thank her gracefully for her time and tell her you had a great time. You might turn out to be something other than what's she's looking for but if you were nice to her all evening she may have a friend that might be a good match and she would for sure tell that friend of hers or she might later reconsider and want to have another look. First dates aren't always the greatest but they are the most important.

Last edited:
your not explaing the flowers thing at all. you are saying its to early. how is that over kill how is that doing something to snappy.

i just need a better defection to understand where you coming from.

Just make sure you take note of this!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D6FWo30-Cg&feature=related[/ame]

your not explaing the flowers thing at all. you are saying its to early. how is that over kill how is that doing something to snappy.

flowers are symbolic....way too early for flowers.....first date....keep it simple stupid or as we say *kiss* .... dont overwhelm her....plus sweetie remember this...dont show all you got right up front...hold back something for the future

hey good luck on the date!

I have to concur about the earliness of the flowers; it smacks of desperation and neediness. But, if you must, maybe an orange tulip instead of the usual romantic flowers. Maybe some daisies. Those will say that you are an old soul with a classic sense of romance.

I've always found the whole dinner and movie think a little trite. Try a walk through the park and conversation over some lattes at a coffeeshop instead. for one, you have more of an opportunity to talk to her during the walk than in a movie and are better able to feel her out through communication rather than awkward movie silence. And, over coffee, you can both extend this interaction deeper than trying to avoid shit getting stuck in your teeth and food falling off of your fork into your lap. Maybe share a cookie or something.

and remember,

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

flowers are symbolic....way too early for flowers.....first date....keep it simple stupid or as we say *kiss* .... dont overwhelm her....plus sweetie remember this...dont show all you got right up front...hold back something for the future

that is very true. It's easy to overdo some things and, I've found, too many flowers too often both destroys the spontaneous act AND makes the effort seem scripted, predictable and wholly tasteless when flowers actually do become necessary.

My best advice is to not play your hand all at once. Women like mystery and the chase. It gives them a sense of challenge and keeps them intrigued. Remember, don't be the guy in the pg rated movie that everyone is rooting for.. Be the guy in the R rated movie that they are not quite sure about; it's that bit of unknown that will keep her attention.

and yes, I just quoted Swingers again.

There's nothing wrong with *a* flower.. Just make it something cute and cheery.. Definitely no roses...

LOL@ the Swingers references Shogun!

(great movie btw)

I actually had a guy tell me he didn't call me for 3 days after our first date because that's what they said to do in Swingers!

I'm old fashioned - simple flowers - random lil bunch - get's kudos from me 1st or 100th date.

Seems you are the flower giving type- remember 1st dates are interviews for BOTH parties involved- do you want a girl that likes the romantic gestures? Bring the flowers. If she's sketched out she may be a bit too "modern" for YOUR tastes. You deserve to know if she's up to YOUR standards too.

LOL@ the Swingers references Shogun!

(great movie btw)

I actually had a guy tell me he didn't call me for 3 days after our first date because that's what they said to do in Swingers!

he must not have watched the end of the movie!

hehehe..

true story: Swingers and Willie Nelson's Red Headed Stranger are the two things I suggest to all of my guy friends who get dumped. They are both rather cathartic that way.

speaking of flowers, I'm giving my special lady friend the first flower of our relationship today. a white rose. But, we've been friends for ten years so..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back