dat one uppity niggra

You will never reach those so stupid as to think that a 30 second clip paints a more accurate portrait of the man than an in-depth presentation. Let's watch the haters start their spew.

Let's watch the purposefully blind stuff their heads up their own asses.

The guy's an extremist who uses the pulpit to preach politics. I have yet to hear him preach anything Christian.

Of course, you are just as extreme labelling anyone who dares disagree with your partisan, blind opinions as "haters."

And here you thought you were smart. You're too blind to be smart.

That was really a brushback pitch, aimed at the people who kept calling Wright a hater on another thread, despite no real knowledge of the man or his background. Call it a preemptive strike if you want.

And it was narrower than you pretended in your response.

Uh huh. I love how you lefties will post something then claim anyone that disagrees is stupid, a hater ... whatever. Then no matter what the response, yours is "See?"

Wright is a hater. He preys on it. He makes his livelihood through divisiveness. He perpetuates the racial divide. He rants about shit that's BEEN over and done. He's a worse version of Al Sharpton than Al Sharpton is. He uses the pulpit to preach politics. In all the churches and base chapels I've been to in my life I have never once heard a pastor talk politics.

So what ... this guy's religion is America screwed all its minorities and sucks? Fuck him and anyone that agrees with the extremist piece of garbage.

But make no mistake ... I don't hate the guy. I hate what he's doing. It's just wrong.

You have grown tiresome and tedious, gunny. Your confidence in your beliefs is rooted in your unwillingness to ponder and reflect upon facts and opinions that differ from your narrow preconceptions. My confidence comes from always asking questions, keeping an open mind and trying to see the entirety of circumstances affecting any given issue.

I hold my beliefs firmly because I have tested them. You hold yours firmly because you have not.

You have grown tiresome and tedious, gunny. Your confidence in your beliefs is rooted in your unwillingness to ponder and reflect upon facts and opinions that differ from your narrow preconceptions. My confidence comes from always asking questions, keeping an open mind and trying to see the entirety of circumstances affecting any given issue.

I hold my beliefs firmly because I have tested them. You hold yours firmly because you have not.

Maybe you should listen to some of his CD's. His hate and bigotry doesn't stop at those 30 second sound bytes.

i guess just because wright can quote a few historical facts must mean that he is also right about the the US government inventing AIDS to wipe out the blacks.

As an aside and forgive me but its been a long time since i was kicked out of catechism but i was always under the impression that a true person of god would say something like

even though we as Americans have committed atrocities and have made mistakes, please oh great and powerful oz, forgive us our sins and support us in our endeavors to become truly compassionate human beings etc etc

rather than saying god damn America

i guess just because wright can quote a few historical facts must mean that he is also right about the the US government inventing AIDS to wipe out the blacks.As an aside and forgive me but its been a long time since i was kicked out of catechism but i was always under the impression that a true person of god would say something like even though we as Americans have committed atrocities and have made mistakes, please oh great and powerful oz, forgive us our sins and support us in our endeavors to become truly compassionate human beings etc etc rather than saying god damn America

well said...perhaps that's why obama distanced himself from him?

That was really a brushback pitch, aimed at the people who kept calling Wright a hater on another thread, despite no real knowledge of the man or his background. Call it a preemptive strike if you want.

And it was narrower than you pretended in your response.

i pretended nothing, it is you who failed to give this supposed background to your broad stroke of people who don't agree with you. you really expect people to read every single of one of your posts every time you post something? LOL...

And you base this line of tripe on what? Your extensive knowledge of Gunny gleaned through watching him on an internet message board? :rolleyes:

And sooner or later, you have to stop asking questions and go with what you know. Experience will teach you that, some day, if your mouth doesn't write a check your ass can't cash first.

The fact that you're a lawyer.

hey now.... maybe it is based on his belief that we should all be familiar with every single one of his posts or in the alternative, be able to read his mind when he creates a post without citation to some supposed background. as a lawyer, he should be familiar with citing ideas...

Any discussion of tiresome and tedious wouldn't be complete without Swamp Fox & Yurt.

Any discussion of tiresome and tedious wouldn't be complete without Swamp Fox & Yurt.

Dogster, I usually agree with what you have to say, but you did generalize quite a bit by your post. The bit about gunny having firm views because he has not tested them is just as much of a speculation of supposed "haters" that you claim do not know Rev. Wright...just sayin. :cool:

As far as Mr. Wright is conserned...I don't know what the guys been through in his life, but I certainly don't like what he has to say. In anyone's opinion, is solution through shitting on everyone in the country? Is solution through dividing a country further on a fictional basis of mass white racism against blacks that does not exist anymore?

I agree with Swamp Fox and his reference to history. Should I call up people of Roman descent and have them pay me for their enslavement of my ancestors? It seems like the United States has the biggest problem with having slavery thrown back in it's face, even though it was on the lower/maybe lowest end of recieving African slaves. If you google the percentages of black slaves in the Atlantic Slave Trade (and where they went) you'll see that the U.S. got a very small amount compared to the rest of the nations. (Doesn't make it right...) I understand that black opression didn't fully end until the 60s...and maybe a little bit (in the south) a little longer than that. But like Swamp Fox said, if you keep bring crap up, we'll be in an endless cycle of the same shit that's been goin on since the 1960s.

Now I do understand that the blacks did go through some rough times...but those rough times are not inflicted by the white population anymore, so people such as Rev. Wright need to grow a brain and realize that anything they don't like about their lives is self-inflicted.

people don't like you much, do they....just because you got logically pwnd doesn't mean you have to be prissy...:rolleyes:

I've never been popular with morons. I intimidate them. But there are enough smart people in the world for me to have friends.

Most people don't like people who are smarter, but then I've never cared about the opinions of people I can't respect.

I've never been popular with morons. I intimidate them. But there are enough smart people in the world for me to have friends.

Most people don't like people who are smarter, but then I've never cared about the opinions of people I can't respect.

Dude! You REALLY think you are God's gift to man kind. Get the fuck over yourself. Even people who agreed with you in the past are now thinking twice and hating your sorry ass.

Forum List

Back