Daryl Hannah arrested for protesting on land stolen under eminent domain

Was Elenor compensated fairly or not? Right-of-Way transactions happen every day, for roads, bridges, pipelines, etc. Nothing was "stolen", it was paid-for.

Nothing about him being compensated...I may be reading the article wrong but it looks like Texas has a law that allows them to just take the land without compensation....that would be wrong.

Was Elenor compensated fairly or not? Right-of-Way transactions happen every day, for roads, bridges, pipelines, etc. Nothing was "stolen", it was paid-for.

Do you get to go into stores and name your own price?

• Banned
If she didn't want to sell then they shouldn't be allowed to force them. Its theft.

You DO realize that Texas is mainly Republican, and Republicans support the pipeline, right?

Yep...........it's the GOP doing the dirty deeds again.

Yes I know. I am not a republican or democrat I am against Statist's no matter their political party.

Darryl Hannah is not protesting the eminent domain ruling. She is protesting the pipeline. She deliberately got herself arrested last year in front of the White House protesting the pipeline.

She hates Big Oil. She's an environmental whackjob.

Daryl Hannah arrested during White House protest | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Darryl Hannah is not protesting the eminent domain ruling. She is protesting the pipeline. She deliberately got herself arrested last year in front of the White House protesting the pipeline.

She hates Big Oil. She's an environmental whackjob.

Daryl Hannah arrested during White House protest | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Did you know that there is an additive to the oil that they add for it to flow through the pipeline? And............did you also know that this particular type of oil actually SINKS when it comes in contact with water?

I'm against this pipeline as well.

well good biker, you and Hannah should sell your cars, houses, computers, don't ride in airplanes, travel by donkey to really make a statement

Nothing about him being compensated...I may be reading the article wrong but it looks like Texas has a law that allows them to just take the land without compensation....that would be wrong.

Many deeds, especially in rural areas, include a right-of-way. My uncle's father had one...his land had a right-of-way on it for, IIRC, power line crews. The "compensation" went to whomever had the deed when the R-O-W went into effect. (Some of them date back 150 years...)

I doubt it. that would clearly be unconstitutional.

If she didn't want to sell then they shouldn't be allowed to force them. Its theft.

You DO realize that Texas is mainly Republican, and Republicans support the pipeline, right?

Yep...........it's the GOP doing the dirty deeds again.

Yes I know. I am not a republican or democrat I am against Statist's no matter their political party.

Nonsense.

The Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment requires due process and just compensation for the taking of private property, it is not ‘theft.’

The issue here isn’t the taking of the property per se, but the alleged lack of due process, as seemingly authorized by Texas law.

Forum List

Back