Darwin’s Rottweiler

What do you mean? Certain non-deistic concepts can be shown impossible by definition (such as by proving one or more claim{s} about the deity to be false), and thereby proven to not exist.

I don't think I know what your meant.

My point: if you can falsify it, it ain't science.

Falsifiability is a necessary but not a sufficient condition to be science.

What do you mean? Certain non-deistic concepts can be shown impossible by definition (such as by proving one or more claim{s} about the deity to be false), and thereby proven to not exist.

I don't think I know what your meant.

My point: if you can falsify it, it ain't science.

Falsifiability is a necessary but not a sufficient condition to be science.

No, it's just one criteria. I am trying to dumb this down since when it comes to the supernatural, falsifiability is the major problem.

You could make a claim that we "observe God" in the natural world. That's what the I.D. people claim.

However, you can't falsify the existence of God, so theology is not a scientific venture.

However, you can't falsify the existence of God, so theology is not a scientific venture.
Your conclusion is valid, but not your reasoning.

The existence of any deity would be falsified if a mutually exclusive deity were proven (eg: YHWH and Thor). It's not scientific (or valid or meaningful) because it's not testable, as it's defined as "outside the realms of science"

Your conclusion is valid, but not your reasoning.

The existence of any deity would be falsified if a mutually exclusive deity were proven (eg: YHWH and Thor). It's not scientific (or valid or meaningful) because it's not testable, as it's defined as "outside the realms of science"

Okay.

Forum List

Back