Darn it! This new Fox News poll (Indiana Senate) makes me nervous

Just as a general rule it's always better to look at an aggregate of multiple polls than a single poll. Fox News' polling operation is generally pretty good though, so it's not the worst single poll to use. But it seems likely that this is going to be a tight race. I think a lot might hinge on what exact percentage of the vote the Libertarian candidate gets. So for example if you look at the 538 polls-only model for that race the difference between the D and R candidates is basically the amount captured by the L candidate. My recollection is that there are reasons to suspect that pre-election polling sometimes over-estimates the actual support received by 3rd party candidates (see for example an interesting study here, or this article). That might turn out to be important. It's also true that it doesn't take much of a polling error for this race to go either way. You're probably going to be sweating it out until the results are in.

This new poll showing Donnelly the libtard ahead of the Republican by 7% among likely voters makes me nervous, because it’s a fox news poll and Fox News is on our side.
Can you guys please help me deal with this case of the jitters? Tell me Braun will win. I need to hear it.
Fox News Indiana Senate poll 10-31-2018

Who is more worried in Indiana? Democrats or Republicans?
Before this poll, Democrats.

Time to go scare some Indianian Republicans into worrying the illegals are coming to Indy or something.

Start some rumors that the Democrats won't vote for another Supreme Court nominee until 2024 if necessary.

This new poll showing Donnelly the libtard ahead of the Republican by 7% among likely voters makes me nervous, because it’s a fox news poll and Fox News is on our side.
Can you guys please help me deal with this case of the jitters? Tell me Braun will win. I need to hear it.
What you need to hear is that you’re a ridiculous blind partisan hack.

And remember: conservatives don’t believe in polls.

The only poll that counts is next Tuesday.
Says a member who has no clue what polls are all about

Polls are about crafting public opinion. They lost their balls in the 2016 election.
Oh! The fake and sleazy polls your favorite rightwing a-hole use? Push polls?

Polls are not about crafting public opinion. They seek to sift through the noise to find public opinion.

People reading polls who said Trump stood even a slight chance of winning, were correct. If a poll leads you to believe a candidate stands a 20% chance of winning, then you are not wrong if the candidate wins. you appear a bit confused, and stupendously ignorant that the GOP and Trump and others are still paying tons of $$$ for polls

Chill out. This is 2016 all over again...the media is overplaying this even more than they did in 2016 and they know it. They are HOPING they are right but if they aren't expect several media outlets to stop posting polls or taking them etc I would expect some collapse of the media empire as well.

This is a Democrat troll, moron.

So being democratic it trolls evenly on all sides?

So being democratic it trolls evenly on all sides?
Pathetic

IronyMeter.jpg

God you stupid , he is a libtard troll like you.

The count will be close but the rural vote might be the pickup they need. It depends on if it rains or snows. Ice storm would end it.

Forum List

Back