Darling Of The Left,Michael Moore Gives $20K For Assange Bail...

If this guy posted secret information that put American troops in harm's way such the position of troops on the battlefield and classified information about secret agents who could be killed then he is wrong and should be prosecuted, but if he's only posting the dirty laundry of politicians and their hypocrisy of how they tell people one thing and say another I say leave him the hell alone, politicians have been lying to Americans for too long.
He's not only posting dirty laundry.

WikiLeaks lists sites key to U.S. security
The diplomats identified dozens of places on every continent, including mines, manufacturing complexes, ports and research establishments. CNN is not publishing specific details from the list, which refers to pipelines and undersea telecommunications cables as well as the location of minerals or chemicals critical to U.S. industry.

The list also mentions dams close to the U.S. border and a telecommunications hub whose destruction might seriously disrupt global communications. Diplomats also identified sites of strategic importance for supplying U.S. forces and interests abroad, such as in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf and the Panama Canal.

The cable is classified secret and not for review by non-U.S. personnel.​

Just the fact that he's publishing classified information - no matter how trivial - has done untold damage to our ability to work with our allies. The man needs to be charged, tried and, hopefully, do serious time in a US Federal prison... in the general populaton... where our fellow Americans can 'splain to him just what we think of people who put our fellow Americans at risk.
Indeed. :clap2:

To further illustrate my point, no one knew that J Edgar Hoover had an COINTELPRO covert program that among other things, harassed MLK and encouraged him to commit suicide and used lies. the only reason it came to light was when some people broke into the FBI's headquarters and obtained the documents.

And.... to illustrate mine.... Other security agencies around the world are not sharing information with our security services.... because we cannot be trusted with secrets. That information is vital to our national security. Because of Assange, our ability to uncover terrorist plots against the US has been compromised. That puts American lives at risk.

Don't blame him stupid, blame the people who gave him the information in the first place if you want to blame somebody, but again, I have seen nothing that endangers our national security and puts troops at risk. What about that helicopter video that was posted showing some bad apples amongst the majority good troops shooting defenseless, unarmed people? had one of our enemies been exposed like that we'd be all over it.

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?

I think it's more like: when you stand up to the federal government you prefer to be a small fish among many fish rather than the only fish in their pond. Lest they focus their ire on you alone.

And the more people step up in Assange's defense the more compelling their stance becomes.

Remember the cyber wars and the espionage now in play. Moore has already dealt with death threats against his family members over his films, he doesn't want to make himself THE target if he can just be A target among many.

Trust me if Moore has offered up the use of his servers to wiki he has made himself a big ass target. I just really think he's a cheap prick.

Who needs to be a conservative?

Obama is a corporatist .. and a centrist

He doesn't give a shit about the left.

I wouldn't go that far.

Then you haven't studied him.

obama_fingers_hippies.jpg

Note to “the Left”: Obama Hates You
Note to ?the Left?: Obama Hates You | Black Agenda Report

Study his loss against Rep. Bobby Rush for Congress.
I won't derail this thread, but I disagree with that article in many ways.

Mainly: the argument that Liberals drank the Kool-Aid when it came to Obama. Bullshit. Liberals hated Bush's presidency and policies. Liberals would have turned out just as strongly for Clinton, or anyone else the Democrats had put up against McBush/Palin.

Yea getting some weird spin from the Left on this one. First they were all here demanding this guy's head on a platter and insulting anyone who felt otherwise. Now some of them are here softening their tone pretty dramatically. So what happened? Why the sudden change of heart?

This one is pretty interesting. Michael Moore has announced he has given $20K to Assange for his Bail. He has also offered his own Websites for future Wikileaks use. I'm just wondering how you all feel about this one? Most on this Board have been calling for Assange's head. And some of the more vicious calls for his head have been coming from the Leftists who routinely visit this board. So i would especially like to hear from them on this. Thanks.

Michael Moore Contributed $20K Toward Julian Assange's Bail - FoxNews.com

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!... Lock that Fucker up next!...

team-america-michael-moore.jpg

:)

peace...

"Yesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail," Moore said in a statement posted online.

Filmmakers Ken Loach and John Pilger and writer Jemima Kahn joined Moore in the contributing to Assange's bail fund, Moore said.

It's a money play, nothing moore.

That goon doesn't care about anything beyond buying some loyalty to make a movie about that assangehole

This is what I find interesting. Assanges bail is under 500,000 and Moore who is conservatively worth over 100 million only offers a pithy 20 grand? That's almost an insult or is he really just that cheap a bastard?
Moore is not worth anything near that much. Where are you getting your numbers?

He's not only posting dirty laundry.

WikiLeaks lists sites key to U.S. security
The diplomats identified dozens of places on every continent, including mines, manufacturing complexes, ports and research establishments. CNN is not publishing specific details from the list, which refers to pipelines and undersea telecommunications cables as well as the location of minerals or chemicals critical to U.S. industry.

The list also mentions dams close to the U.S. border and a telecommunications hub whose destruction might seriously disrupt global communications. Diplomats also identified sites of strategic importance for supplying U.S. forces and interests abroad, such as in the Strait of Hormuz, the Persian Gulf and the Panama Canal.

The cable is classified secret and not for review by non-U.S. personnel.​

Just the fact that he's publishing classified information - no matter how trivial - has done untold damage to our ability to work with our allies. The man needs to be charged, tried and, hopefully, do serious time in a US Federal prison... in the general populaton... where our fellow Americans can 'splain to him just what we think of people who put our fellow Americans at risk.

For exposing dirty work and dishonesty, yeah he should be punished for exposing what our elected officials do dishonestly.

Good to know that the lives of Americans - particularly those who live outside US borders - and our troops are less important to you than a bunch of stupid shit.

Yea getting some weird spin from the Left on this one. First they were all here demanding this guy's head on a platter and insulting anyone who felt otherwise. Now some of them are here softening their tone pretty dramatically. So what happened? Why the sudden change of heart?

Berkley wants to give assangehole a medal for being a hero. So all the free thinking stopped and the group think took over.

There is no longer an independent Media in this country.

NPR, BBC, PBS and Al Jazeera are independent media. They are not corporate-owned and answer to no one but their listeners. That is why they are the only real objective news sources out there. I am a member of NPR and this is how they mainly support themselves as a non-profit. Anything that is corporate owned is automatically never going to be objective.

Last edited:
Good to know that the lives of Americans - particularly those who live outside US borders - and our troops are less important to you than a bunch of stupid shit.

Maybe you should take that up with the corrupt, war-for-profit government and their corporate henchmen that put those very same American lives in danger in the first place, hmmm? You would rather we adopt censorship?

Moore is not worth anything near that much. Where are you getting your numbers?

He's doing it for the PR and hoping assangehole signs up to do a movie.

Nothing moore.

Maybe you should take that up with the corrupt, war-for-profit government and their corporate henchmen that put those very same American lives in danger in the first place, hmmm? You would rather we adopt censorship?

I would rather Americans do not betray their fellow Americans by stealing secret information and passing it on to attention seeking fools like Assange.

I would rather Americans do not betray their fellow Americans by stealing secret information and passing it on to attention seeking fools like Assange.

You want to silence whistleblowers? Wow, your corporate overlords have taught you well.

For exposing dirty work and dishonesty, yeah he should be punished for exposing what our elected officials do dishonestly.

I'm currently outside of the US and I am not at any risk because of what wikileaks posted. And don't ever again accuse me of thinking that lives of American troops are less important, besides Flaylo, I have other relatives that are in the military and I'm a military vet myself and like I said and will repeat it again, nothing released so far has put troops at risk, the only reason politicians are complaining is because they're afraid their own dirty actions might come to light.

Forum List

Back