Darkened Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmdr Sheppard

Rookie
Mar 6, 2011
I really thought I would love this game, since I love RPGs, and this game is supposed to a very unique RPG experience, plus it's about a hot ballbusting teenage girl, who jumps right into the ballbusting. After watching the opening cinematic, I immediately assumed the game would be good since the intro was great, demonstrates that the main character is definitely into ballbusting, the graphics were good, and the themes seemed pretty solid, albeit a intentionally cliche.

Then came the atrocious gameplay, which is very simple. Simply hold down the left trigger until everyone is dead, while moving back when your enemy goes to attack, then rinse and repeat. Albeit I'm barely 20 minutes into the game, and this is NOT a review. The advertising and product placement for Skittles is painfully obvious, literally, Skittles candy gives you magical powers. The voice acting for the player character is good, but is pretty horrible for the other characters. You can't choose what your character says and there are no character sheets. The humor is pretty funny at times, but the horrible gameplay and strange controls killed my interest in this game. Such a disappointment. At least the game is (extremely) challenging though, with the puzzles and everything, which is something that has been lost since they dumbed down gaming this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back