'Dark Side' of homosexual culture

ProudDem said:
That is interesting. However, the article is so filled with hate towards homosexuals that it's hard to give much credibility to it--IMO.

*sigh* I wish people would write these kind of articles about smokers.

What article did you read? I didn't see anyone write about hatred of homosexual people?

The DATA isn't full of hate...look at the data and nevermind the editorial. Data and observation rings true with this article.

:(

ProudDem said:
That is interesting. However, the article is so filled with hate towards homosexuals that it's hard to give much credibility to it--IMO.

*sigh* I wish people would write these kind of articles about smokers.

just studies done on the subject matter...and if you want to hit on smokers so bad write your own post and suffer the hits! :cof:

dmp said:
What article did you read? I didn't see anyone write about hatred of homosexual people?

The DATA isn't full of hate...look at the data and nevermind the editorial. Data and observation rings true with this article.

:(

I don't read that article and feel like I am merely presented with facts. I read the article, and I see it leaning in favor of bashing homosexuals. Look at the website it's coming from--a VERY conservative website. Sorry, I personally don't give it much credence.

Baldwin says his research not only "confirms that homosexuals molest children at a rate vastly higher than heterosexuals," but it found that "the mainstream homosexual culture" even "commonly promotes sex with children."

Yeah, this article isn't about bashing homosexuals.

archangel said:
just studies done on the subject matter...and if you want to hit on smokers so bad write your own post and suffer the hits! :cof:

But I can't provide the facts to back up my statements that smokers should be banned from society and should be able to smoke only in limited places.

Do smokers think they smell good? Do they care?

ProudDem said:
I don't read that article and feel like I am merely presented with facts. I read the article, and I see it leaning in favor of bashing homosexuals. Look at the website it's coming from--a VERY conservative website. Sorry, I personally don't give it much credence.

Baldwin says his research not only "confirms that homosexuals molest children at a rate vastly higher than heterosexuals," but it found that "the mainstream homosexual culture" even "commonly promotes sex with children."

Yeah, this article isn't about bashing homosexuals.

So - here's what I see happening....

"Because You don't agree with the article, you'll find a reason to discount the data contained therein."

Truth can be painful.

ProudDem said:
But I can't provide the facts to back up my statements that smokers should be banned from society and should be able to smoke only in limited places.

A smoker isn't more likely to molest my son, than a non-smoker, simply because he smokes. A homosexual IS More likely to molest my son simply because he is a homosexual.

ProudDem said:

maybe yes and maybe no...however I have stood next to many non smokers in my lifetime...and well frankly some of them do not smell to good either! :crutch:

dmp said:
A smoker isn't more likely to molest my son, than a non-smoker, simply because he smokes. A homosexual IS More likely to molest my son simply because he is a homosexual.

Oh, dmp, we were not talking about the same thing. LOL I said that I thought the article was bashing homosexuals. When I said I would like an article like that to be written about smokers, I meant an article that bashed smokers (but not regarding pedophilia).

Oh, and regarding presenting facts, I could post articles from Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd, Paul Krugman, Bob Herbert, and Thomas Friedman from the New York Times. They present facts in a way that is derogatory to the Bush administration. Would you give their facts much credibility? Probably not.

archangel said:
maybe yes and maybe no...however I have stood next to many non smokers in my lifetime...and well frankly some of them do not smell to good either! :crutch:

True. I got into a taxi the other day and the guy had the WORST body odor I had smelled in a long time. That was a rough taxi ride. Although yesterday, a guy sat next to me on the subway. He reeked so badly of smoke that I left my seat to go elsewhere. Yuck.

ProudDem said:
Oh, dmp, we were not talking about the same thing. LOL I said that I thought the article was bashing homosexuals.

But I'm telling you the article isn't bashing anyone - it's calling to task homosexual behaviour...it's 'truth'.

dmp said:
But I'm telling you the article isn't bashing anyone - it's calling to task homosexual behaviour...it's 'truth'.

See my above post. I added to it.

ProudDem said:
Oh, and regarding presenting facts, I could post articles from Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd, Paul Krugman, Bob Herbert, and Thomas Friedman from the New York Times. They present facts in a way that is derogatory to the Bush administration. Would you give their facts much credibility? Probably not.

Now - again, that article was NOT bashing anyone - it was presenting facts and data and some opinion. But if those you mentioned had their articles present non-biased/slanderous/libel Data, sure. (shrug).

Look at the data. Homosexuality is a destructive, horrible, life-choice; Not a life-choice society should encourage.

I saw no hate in this article, either. Simply stated conclusions based on data examined. No one suggested harming a homosexual, simply pointed out the harm that some homosexuals do to children, and the fact that homosexuals are more likely to molest children than heterosexuals. The author did not malign homosexuals. Just presented data, as Darin pointed out.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:
Now - again, that article was NOT bashing anyone - it was presenting facts and data and some opinion. But if those you mentioned had their articles present non-biased/slanderous/libel Data, sure. (shrug).

Look at the data. Homosexuality is a destructive, horrible, life-choice; Not a life-choice society should encourage.

Interesting that you don't answer my question about articles from the New York Times.

I put in bold what you said that let me know how you are incapable of seeing the hatred it shows towards homosexuals. Sorry, but you're too biased to see it.

I love Frank Rich. He bashes Bush like it's going out of style. I posted an article he wrote this past Sunday. All the cons accused him of distorting the facts because he hates Bush. There you have it, dmp. It goes both ways. World Net Daily is a real neutral website.......LOL

This is directed generally (not to ProudDem specifically), but it's part and parcel of the PC country we live in today, that anytime a "negative" statement is made about homosexuals, no matter how calmly or fact-based, it will be called, as it was right in this thread, hatred and bashing. The only thing left out so far was the accusation that the writers of the article are homophobic. There is simply no way to have a sane dialogue anymore if the issue at hand is in the PC arena. Of course, the irony of that is that debate about the very issues those groups would like to shine a light on, is stifled.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
ProudDem said:
Interesting that you don't answer my question about articles from the New York Times.

dmp said:
But if those you mentioned had their articles present non-biased/slanderous/libel Data, sure. (shrug).

ProudDem said:
I put in bold what you said that let me know how you are incapable of seeing the hatred it shows towards homosexuals.

She said it:
Abbey Normal said:
...but it's part and parcel of the PC country we live in today, that anytime a "negative" statement is made about homosexuals, no matter how clam or fact-based, it will be called, as it was right in this thread, hatred and bashing.

Sorry, but you're too biased to see it.

Biased how? against what?

ProudDem said:

There are many, many, MANY places smokers can't smoke - so they can only smoke in limited places. You already got your wish.

Do smokers think they smell good? Do YOU think you smell good? Given everything on the market nowadays, I'm willing to bet that I can't stand the smell of your deoderant, and/or your perfume. You stink. You should only be allowed in to limited places with that odor...

Shattered said:
There are many, many, MANY places smokers can't smoke - so they can only smoke in limited places. You already got your wish.

Do smokers think they smell good? Do YOU think you smell good? Given everything on the market nowadays, I'm willing to bet that I can't stand the smell of your deoderant, and/or your perfume. You stink. You should only be allowed in to limited places with that odor...

I'm telling you....A little smoke-smell mixed with perfume and a hint of alcohol = VERY sexy.

:D

Forum List

Back