Dark Knight Rises

Thought it was a great movie.

Sorry that your side lost, Joe! I know you were really enjoying the first 2.5 hours.

Not sure which "side" that was, exactly.

If rich people acted like Bruce Wayne did, I wouldn't have a problem with them. (And I mean the Charity and good works part, not the dressing up like a bat and beating people up part. But that's cool, too.)

Sadly, more of them act like the Dagget character, who is surpised when he's the one who gets killed.

Last edited:
I saw it-thought it was really very good and worth seeing!! It was 2 hours and 45 minutes and I never got bored. Lot of suspense too and plenty of great action. Check it out!!

Saw it yesterday....LOVED how OWS depicted!

Only you would find OWS in a work of fiction that was written and produced before OWS started.

1." What really got me interested, though, was the anti Occupy Wall Street I sensed from the beginning of the film. I remember turning to my boyfriend and saying “Are you picking up on that too?"
DeathRattleSports | Occupy Gotham: Is Dark Knight Rises Anti-Occupy Wall Street Movement?

2. "George W. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises against Occupy Wall Street"
George W. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises against Occupy Wall Street | Washington Times Communities

3."Batman joins the police to take on Occupy Wall Street"
Batman joins the police to take on Occupy Wall Street - thestar.com

4. "Tonight at the most prestigious theater chain in Hollywood, right in the heart of Hollywood on Sunset Boulevard, the legendary Arclight Theater, will screen the anti-Occupy Wall Street blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises"..."
Forum Post: "The Dark Knight Rises"..... the anti-Occupy Wall Street blockbuster | OccupyWallSt.org

5. "Even though director Christopher Nolan has denied that his soon-to-be summer blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises" was inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement (the film was conceived before Occupy Wall Street became global news), similarities between Bane's Revolution and the Occupy movement have everyone from movie critics to Rush Limbaugh talking."
'The Dark Knight Rises,' Occupy Wall Street: Protester Says 'Don't Occupy Gotham City'

It certainly seems that you arise each and every day seeking new and more definitive ways to make yourself appear a dunce.

Well done.

In a related story:

"Occupy Oakland’s Violent Turn Proves the Movement Has Lost Its Way
Jan 30, 2012 8:12 AM EST
With 400 people arrested during Occupy Oakland’s violent protest over the weekend, the movement is in danger of losing its idealistic base, writes U.C. Berkley student Christopher Haugh."
Occupy Oakland

Remember the first thing you heard the paramedics say after your accident…”there must be another cerebral hemisphere around here somewhere…”

Sorry they couldn’t come up with it.

Just another bad movie in a series of "reboots". Follywood has no originality anymore.

-Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney did Batman with no problem.
-Jack Nicholson was perfect for the Joker. The "reboot" Joker's makeup looked like it was done by a 5 year old and he sounds like a Brooklyn drunk with a bad make-up job.
-The "reboot" Batmobile looks like a Transformer stuck halfway through it's transformative process. It looks like something a rich reckless youth would have to rumble up and down the desert or try to climb rocky hills with, not fight crime.

they were also half-assed Batmen.....Batman was 6'2 not 5'7 like Keaton......and Cloony has already been voted the worst Batman ever....and Nicholson was not the perfect Joker....the Joker was a psychopath.....kinda like the "reboot".....i can see you were a real Batman fanboy....

Keaton was a pretty good Batman..which surprised me. I was shocked by the casting. But his psycho edge lent depth to the character. And Nicholson was perfect. He played the Joker as a driven genius bent on usurping the mainstream and corrupting order. Kilmer and Clooney were terrible. The bottom line is..Burton took a big chance and won.

I didn't much like Nolan's first attempt at Batman. But the second film reminded me alot of "The Departed". It was pretty excellent. Haven't seen the third one yet..but I intend too.

Just another bad movie in a series of "reboots". Follywood has no originality anymore.

-Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney did Batman with no problem.
-Jack Nicholson was perfect for the Joker. The "reboot" Joker's makeup looked like it was done by a 5 year old and he sounds like a Brooklyn drunk with a bad make-up job.
-The "reboot" Batmobile looks like a Transformer stuck halfway through it's transformative process. It looks like something a rich reckless youth would have to rumble up and down the desert or try to climb rocky hills with, not fight crime.

they were also half-assed Batmen.....Batman was 6'2 not 5'7 like Keaton......and Cloony has already been voted the worst Batman ever....and Nicholson was not the perfect Joker....the Joker was a psychopath.....kinda like the "reboot".....i can see you were a real Batman fanboy....

Keaton was a pretty good Batman..which surprised me. I was shocked by the casting. But his psycho edge lent depth to the character. And Nicholson was perfect. He played the Joker as a driven genius bent on usurping the mainstream and corrupting order. Kilmer and Clooney were terrible. The bottom line is..Burton took a big chance and won.

I didn't much like Nolan's first attempt at Batman. But the second film reminded me alot of "The Departed". It was pretty excellent. Haven't seen the third one yet..but I intend too.

The problem with Batman movies are kind of the problem with Batman himself. His villians- even the kind of lame ones like Mr. Freeze - are more interesting than he is. And the character has had a 75 year history where the tone of the comic has changed. The Joker was introduced when it was a more conventional "Crime" comic, while Mr. Freeze was introduced when it was more of a campy Sci-Fi thing, and Bane was introduced during the 1990's when comics had to be "Edgy".

I personally thought the first Burton film was okay, but the second one was awful. Burton started indulging his inner weirdo and it showed.

The third one with Kilmer was actually better than the second, but they completely butchered the character of Two-Face.

The fourth one with Clooney. Two words. Kevlar Nipples.

I liked the Nolan films a lot. I think the second one was the strongest of the three, because it had strong villians.

And she's back to numbering stuff....

She's very pedantic. Wondering if she's retentive as well..

:D

I used to think she was like just a really stupid person, but now I think she has issues.

"Only you would find OWS in a work of fiction..."

Didn't you say that?

I love it when I eviscerate your post and you try to change the subject.....

LOVE IT!!

You have become the same source of entertainment as a piñata, and for the same reason: the fun of beating you with a stick.

Now....be honest....I disemboweled him and then strangled him with his own intestines.

True?

You have such a cute mind.

I can see you dual wielding fluffly bunnies and kittens like nunchuckas..

I’m warning you: I had to kill someone, once- and it bothers me every day of
my life-

but if I don’t want Girl Scout Cookies, I don’t want ‘em!

Now....be honest....I disemboweled him and then strangled him with his own intestines.

True?

You have such a cute mind.

I can see you dual wielding fluffly bunnies and kittens like nunchuckas..

I’m warning you: I had to kill someone, once- and it bothers me every day of
my life-

but if I don’t want Girl Scout Cookies, I don’t want ‘em!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=priKVs_J5XA&playnext=1&list=PL5211CE2982FFDF20&feature=results_main]Kill Bill--Gogo Yubari - YouTube[/ame]

I used to think she was like just a really stupid person, but now I think she has issues.

"Only you would find OWS in a work of fiction..."

Didn't you say that?

I love it when I eviscerate your post and you try to change the subject.....

LOVE IT!!

You have become the same source of entertainment as a piñata, and for the same reason: the fun of beating you with a stick.

You left out the part where I Pointed out the film was written, produced and filmed before OWS became a movement. They filmed much of it in Chicago in 2010.

It's like the old joke about the person with the Rorschack test. He describes lewd scenarios for each one, and the shrink says, "You seem to be obsessed with sex!"

"Me, you're the one with the dirty pictures!"

Incidenlty, your response has nothing to do with the fact that I really think you have serveral fairly serious psychological issues....

Forum List

Back