Dark Knight Rises

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Okay, won't come out until tomorrow, but is anyone planning to see it, and are you looking forward to it?

I have mixed feelings. I liked the first two, but Bane and Catwoman? Besides the fact these two characters don't even belong in the same Bat-film, I'm not sure I like the premise.

Okay, won't come out until tomorrow, but is anyone planning to see it, and are you looking forward to it?

I have mixed feelings. I liked the first two, but Bane and Catwoman? Besides the fact these two characters don't even belong in the same Bat-film, I'm not sure I like the premise.

plus Bane was a big motherfucker.....not 6'1 200 pounds.....this is "supposed" to be the last one for both Bale and Nolan....

50 more people injured...
:mad:
14 dead in Colorado theater shooting
20 July`12 – Police Chief Dan Oates says 14 people are dead following a shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. He says 50 others were injured.
Calls to police about the shooting started coming in about 12:30 a.m. Friday from a mall theater that was showing the Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, the office said. One person has been arrested but police did not have any other details. "The scene is still very active and we have little information for release at this time," police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson said in a brief news release.

Witness Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he was inside Theater 16 and heard several shots. "Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station. Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

Spokeswoman Nicole Williams said that two people in critical condition had been rushed to the nearby Swedish Medical Center. She said emergency crews told her staff to prepare for several more patients from the shooting scene. "We're on standby to receive," she said. "Police said they could have as many as 20 or more (patients)."

Williams said she was told that "somebody opened fire with some sort of weapon during the "Dark Knight" movie. Aurora is located on the outskirts of Denver, about 10 miles southeast of downtown.

Source

^one of the biggest mass shootings this year. Hopefully no one else dies, 14 people is way too many.

plus Bane was a big motherfucker.....not 6'1 200 pounds.....this is "supposed" to be the last one for both Bale and Nolan....

The actor playing him was the same guy who screwed up Star Trek Nemesis...

The actor playing him was the same guy who screwed up Star Trek Nemesis...

yea i dont know why these guys have to change things......surprisingly Tim Burton had cast Bane better than Chris Nolan.....Jeep Swenson was 6'4 400 pounds....of solid muscle....

I'll definitely go see the movie. I'll probably go to a matinee at the IMAX in Providence next week

I am having a hard time imaging a guy who directed a deep, fantastic, Hitchcockesque film like Memento, doing comic book films....*shrugs*

Just another bad movie in a series of "reboots". Follywood has no originality anymore.

-Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney did Batman with no problem.
-Jack Nicholson was perfect for the Joker. The "reboot" Joker's makeup looked like it was done by a 5 year old and he sounds like a Brooklyn drunk with a bad make-up job.
-The "reboot" Batmobile looks like a Transformer stuck halfway through it's transformative process. It looks like something a rich reckless youth would have to rumble up and down the desert or try to climb rocky hills with, not fight crime.

Last edited:
Just another bad movie in a series of "reboots". Follywood has no originality anymore.

-Jack Nicholson was perfect for the Joker. The "reboot" Joker's makeup looked like it was done by a 5 year old and he sounds like a Brooklyn drunk with a bad make-up job.
-The "reboot" Batmobile looks like a Transformer stuck halfway through it's transformative process. It looks like something a rich reckless youth would have to rumble up and down the desert or try to climb rocky hills with, not fight crime.

Well, first of all, of the Burton/Schumacher films, the very fact you couldn't get actors to stick with it is an indication of how awful they were. None of the three stooges made Batman interesting as a character. What everyone remembers about that cycle of films is the villians, and usually not in a good way. They got very good actors to play their personas in the ridiculous costumes, and usually it was almost a checklist.

Okay- How I became a Super-Villian- Check.
Putting on the Bat-Suit - Check
Fight with Henchmen - Check.
Villian kills one of his own henchmen- Check.

It's like the first one established the model, and the others were just aping it, badly.

And then they ended it with George Clooney, Kevlar Nipples and Gay Capades on Ice.

Okay, having just seen the movie, it is really worth seeing.

Indeed. I think I just witnessed the rare perfect trilogy. As a movie it had a couple of bad moments of dialogue (mostly exposition dumps, not corny one liners), but it was overall awesome and completed the character arcs of the series. A good final chapter.

they were also half-assed Batmen.....Batman was 6'2 not 5'7 like Keaton......and Cloony has already been voted the worst Batman ever....and Nicholson was not the perfect Joker....the Joker was a psychopath.....kinda like the "reboot".....i can see you were a real Batman fanboy....

Well, first of all, of the Burton/Schumacher films, the very fact you couldn't get actors to stick with it is an indication of how awful they were. None of the three stooges made Batman interesting as a character. What everyone remembers about that cycle of films is the villians, and usually not in a good way. They got very good actors to play their personas in the ridiculous costumes, and usually it was almost a checklist.

Okay- How I became a Super-Villian- Check.
Putting on the Bat-Suit - Check
Fight with Henchmen - Check.
Villian kills one of his own henchmen- Check.

It's like the first one established the model, and the others were just aping it, badly.

And then they ended it with George Clooney, Kevlar Nipples and Gay Capades on Ice.
kinda sums up some pretty bad Comic movies.....but thats what happens when those making a Comic Movie have never read a Comic......Kevin Smith summed up Tim Burton pretty well during his College tour show.....especially on how Tim wanted to do Superman....hilarious.....good thing it never happened with him....

they were also half-assed Batmen.....Batman was 6'2 not 5'7 like Keaton......and Cloony has already been voted the worst Batman ever....and Nicholson was not the perfect Joker....the Joker was a psychopath.....kinda like the "reboot".....i can see you were a real Batman fanboy....

I thought the movie tried to be "What if Batman existed in the real world?" He doesn't have super powers, neither do his villians. Ras Al Ghul isn't an immortal being, Bane doesn't get super powers from chemicals.

I thought the movie tried to be "What if Batman existed in the real world?" He doesn't have super powers, neither do his villians. Ras Al Ghul isn't an immortal being, Bane doesn't get super powers from chemicals.

i hear ya....in the Golden age and the early Silver age of Batman comics it kinda gave you that impression....it seemed to be in the "comic" realm whenever Superman teamed up with him....or when he was in the Justice League....

Forum List

Back