Dark Girls

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
New Documentary Exposes Issues Of Color In African American Community
June 3, 2011

“I remember someone said, you stayed in the oven too long.”

Those are just one of the several comments made by women in a new documentary by actor Bill Duke, called Dark Girls, due to come out this fall. It explores the idea that dark-skinned black women are treated differently compared to light-skinned black women. One girl explains how she felt when she overheard her mother bragging to someone about how she looks.

“She’s got great cheekbones, she’s got great lips and she then adds, can you imagine if she had any lightness in her skin. She’d be gorgeous.”

Issues Surrounding Dark And Light-Skinned African Americans Still Plague Society « CBS Philly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtkNk1-48U]YouTube - ‪Dark Girls: Preview‬‏[/ame]

"Light skinned Blacks, are smarter than dark skinned Blacks". :lol:

EDIT: Chick at the 6:00 mark is hawt! (I hope she aint a tranny!)

Last edited:
New Documentary Exposes Issues Of Color In African American Community
June 3, 2011

“I remember someone said, you stayed in the oven too long.”

Those are just one of the several comments made by women in a new documentary by actor Bill Duke, called Dark Girls, due to come out this fall. It explores the idea that dark-skinned black women are treated differently compared to light-skinned black women. One girl explains how she felt when she overheard her mother bragging to someone about how she looks.

“She’s got great cheekbones, she’s got great lips and she then adds, can you imagine if she had any lightness in her skin. She’d be gorgeous.”

Issues Surrounding Dark And Light-Skinned African Americans Still Plague Society « CBS Philly

YouTube - ‪Dark Girls: Preview‬‏

For fuck's sake! What a horrible thing for a Mother to say, for anyone to say!

On a lighter note, I actually thought this thread was going to be about those of us ladies who lie in the tanning bed :tongue:
People tell me I stay in the oven too long, because of how dark I get after being in the tanning beds.......anyhow........

some_girls.jpg

:30 So... the point is that she has poor self-esteem like a lt of others?

1:15 Irony: the platinum-blonde hair

2:18 Aware of what? That not everyone likes dark meat? Not everyone like pale chicks, either. Some like big girls, some like twiggy girls, some like men.

Is there a point to this?

2:30 So the little girl has noticed trends? Put a sterotypical asian-looking kid next to caricatures of a negroe and a White kid and do the test nation-wide

3:30 We see who the real racist is, judging character based on skin colour 'They're black, I'm black- I trust them'

3:50 Is that a f3emale? A male? An Alien? Seriously,WTF is that? A black Boy George?

5:17 They don't think you're attractive but they all want to get in your pants?

5:24 It's not the colour; you're just fugly. Sorry, but them's the breaks

I leave y'all with this:

Acting White: Seattle Girl Beaten For Acting White?

It's a carry over from slavery times. Fair-skinned mulattos were valued over dark-skinned blacks. Blacks bought into it, and resentment and hatred resulted from it....even within our own families. Yep. Whites did a job with slavery...with lasting effects we're still grappling with today. Nice job.

Yet, you'd say you weren't "race-baiting" with the OP, were you, Tank?

It's a carry over from slavery times. Fair-skinned mulattos were valued over dark-skinned blacks. Blacks bought into it, and resentment and hatred resulted from it....even within our own families. Yep. Whites did a job with slavery...with lasting effects we're still grappling with today. Nice job.

I am shocked. I'm black and this is the first I ever heard about this. I thought the called me "lite brite" because I was so smart.:razz:

Wow my eyes have been opened, thank you tank.:clap2:

• Banned
This attitude black folks have towards "dark girls" is the same everywhere in the world.

Black people hate that their black, and hate those that are white.

Can a group get anymore racist?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_frhBw]YouTube - ‪Black White Supremist Dave Chappelle Complete‬‏[/ame]

This attitude black folks have towards "dark girls" is the same everywhere in the world.

Except in Africa, where dark skin is the standard of beauty.
Black is beautiful.!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JcuLc5dxAE]YouTube - ‪Skin bleaching on the rise in Ivory Coast‬‏[/ame]

Umm...black people had more slaves than white people.
Just sayin.
Read a book.

Excuse Me! Blacks are the racist here! Black Africans are the ones who captured & enslaved the Black Americans in the first place. They then sold those Black Slaves to Americans. We set you free! Would you like to go back to Africa & be treated the way Black Africans will treat you over there? You stupid brainwashed racist assholes always have to blame Whites for how Blacks treat you. Hell you blame Whitey for everything wrong with your life. :fu:

Dabs...just for future reference, anything our dear Tank says, any thread our dear Tank starts...it's all about blacks.

Meanwhile, I find it so strange that pale skinned folks tan themselves because dark looks better and now dark skinned folks want to whiten their skin. Sigh.

And poet is right. Mulatto's and those with "cafe' latte" skin were very coveted in slavery days. They got the "honor" of being house slave....and they didn't mind that at all most of the time. Kept them from dying in the cotton fields..or being sold off and away from their family.

Excuse Me! Blacks are the racist here! Black Africans are the ones who captured & enslaved the Black Americans in the first place. They then sold those Black Slaves to Americans. We set you free! Would you like to go back to Africa & be treated the way Black Africans will treat you over there? You stupid brainwashed racist assholes always have to blame Whites for how Blacks treat you. Hell you blame Whitey for everything wrong with your life. :fu:

True. But "we" didn't set them free. We enslaved them.

Meanwhile, I find it so strange that pale skinned folks tan themselves because dark looks better and now dark skinned folks want to whiten their skin. Sigh.
Getting a tan is way different then being black.

True. But "we" didn't set them free. We enslaved them.

What is with this we shit. I have never saw, owned, sold, or profited in any way from a Black Slave. Neither have my parents or my grandparents. Yet everyday I get blamed for enslaving the Blacks. Poet is even trying to blame whites for things blacks do to blacks. My family moved to the USA after black slavery ended. "WE" HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PROBLEMS!!!

Forum List

Back