Dark Energy - God?

Dark Energy seems to be something Science has not quantified or qualified. They know it has mass and that it is ubiquitous in the Universe. Could we call DE....God?

Sure... ignorant people always called what they didn't understand "God".

Lightning? God.

Plagues? God.

Famines? God.

JoeB131 God?

Na.

I do know that science is not a faith-based effort.

It wasn't so much before the 1850s, but today it is "faith-based." The facts are made to fit the theory. It's evolution of the gaps.

You really do bang away at the “before the 1850’s” in an attempt to disparage science.

Unfortunately for the hyper-religious, it was about that time when the objective sciences, learning and exploration began to blossom.

I can understand that you lament the relative ignorance that defined the time centuries ago but I’m afraid that fear and superstition has been a victim of learning and enlightenment.

Dark Energy seems to be something Science has not quantified or qualified. They know it has mass and that it is ubiquitous in the Universe. Could we call DE....God?

Sure... ignorant people always called what they didn't understand "God".

Lightning? God.

Plagues? God.

Famines? God.

So then you must think common sense is God?

RE: Dark Energy - God?
⁜→ james bond, et al,

Oh, this is wrong on so many levels. But since it is moving off-topic, I'll just make three small comments.

Obviously, I don't understand your usage of the term.

First, atheism is a religion. It's non-belief in gods. Today, we have atheist science as secular science because they systematically eliminated God as creator.

Thus, today's atheist science is faith-based science based on belief in no gods.
(COMMENT)

◈ Atheism is NOT a religion; it is a disbelief in the existence of God or gods. Being an "Atheist" does not affect the application of the scientific process, if the process is done correctly (is both sound and valid).

◈ To be an "atheist" is to be mentally unaffected by religion in disciplined thought.

◈ Atheist science (no such discipline) is NOT faith-based science (no such field of study as a curriculum).

Most Respectfully,
R

It certainly is a religion that does not recognize the Abrahamic God nor gods. You simply are ignorant of RoccoR and it is telling from what you write. In the communist countries, atheism is a state religion. You will be persecuted if you go against it with another religion. Aside from that why don't you read how Australia, Japan and France treat atheism? I think the US used to give tax breaks to atheist churches, but this may have changed. It is recognized as a religion, but it may not be free from taxes from state to state.

Your conspiracy theories are getting darker and more pervasive.

Atheism is not a religion in spite of your screeching rants. It’s important to remember that Atheism is not an ideology. Atheism has no practices, customs, beliefs or “philosophies.” Atheism is simply the rejection of the Theistic model as undemonstrated, unsupported and bereft of substantiation.

There are no rituals that define atheism. There is no incense burning, wearing of long flowing robes or groups of men in large, funny hats that typifies atheism. There is no specific day dedicated to, or place to go where atheists gather to “not believe”. There are no plates passed around where atheists are asked to donate money.

In fact, all of atheism seems to be little more than the rejection of belief in supernatural gods. Much as I am an atheist with regard to your gods, you are an atheist with regard to the many gods competiong with your gods.

⁜→ james bond, et al,

Oh, this is wrong on so many levels. But since it is moving off-topic, I'll just make three small comments.

First, atheism is a religion. It's non-belief in gods. Today, we have atheist science as secular science because they systematically eliminated God as creator.

Thus, today's atheist science is faith-based science based on belief in no gods.
(COMMENT)

◈ Atheism is NOT a religion; it is a disbelief in the existence of God or gods. Being an "Atheist" does not affect the application of the scientific process, if the process is done correctly (is both sound and valid).

◈ To be an "atheist" is to be mentally unaffected by religion in disciplined thought.

◈ Atheist science (no such discipline) is NOT faith-based science (no such field of study as a curriculum).

Most Respectfully,
R

It certainly is a religion that does not recognize the Abrahamic God nor gods. You simply are ignorant of RoccoR and it is telling from what you write. In the communist countries, atheism is a state religion. You will be persecuted if you go against it with another religion. Aside from that why don't you read how Australia, Japan and France treat atheism? I think the US used to give tax breaks to atheist churches, but this may have changed. It is recognized as a religion, but it may not be free from taxes from state to state.

Atheism is not a religion in spite of your screeching rants. It’s important to remember that Atheism is not an ideology. Atheism has no practices, customs, beliefs or “philosophies.” Atheism is simply the rejection of the Theistic model as undemonstrated, unsupported and bereft of substantiation.

There are no rituals that define atheism. There is no incense burning, wearing of long flowing robes or groups of men in large, funny hats that typifies atheism. There is no specific day dedicated to, or place to go where atheists gather to “not believe”. There are no plates passed around where atheists are asked to donate money.

In fact, all of atheism seems to be little more than the rejection of belief in supernatural gods. Much as I am an atheist with regard to your gods, you are an atheist with regard to the many gods competiong with your gods.

Ridiculous. Why would I need conspiracy theories :21: when I understand religion and can separate it from science? You quoted the law, so I quoted the law right back. It's considered a religion for political, social and tax purposes. All I can advise is to pull your head out and read more.

I am not sure what goes on in atheist churches, but I would think those things that you mentioned are practiced. Candles are probably lighted. In the local Buddhist church, the ring a loud gong and the smell of incense pervades the air. It is time for the start of service and get one's mind for to learn and experience that which is to be the topic of discussion and recite affirmations as to what the Buddha teaches. In California, the local atheist minister is the religious officiant of the legislature.

Atheist churches are tongue in cheek social clubs. There is no preaching, but there are sometimes good speakers.. And Bond is a lying, ignorant freak that people should quit feeding.

⁜→ james bond, et al,

(COMMENT)

L
Most Respectfully,
R

Ridiculous. Why would I need conspiracy theories :21: when I understand religion and can separate it from science? You quoted the law, so I quoted the law right back. It's considered a religion for political, social and tax purposes. All I can advise is to pull your head out and read more.

I am not sure what goes on in atheist churches, but I would think those things that you mentioned are practiced. Candles are probably lighted. In the local Buddhist church, the ring a loud gong and the smell of incense pervades the air. It is time for the start of service and get one's mind for to learn and experience that which is to be the topic of discussion and recite affirmations as to what the Buddha teaches. In California, the local atheist minister is the religious officiant of the legislature.

Well, there you go on another conspiracy theory rant.

As you were instructed, atheism has no customs, beliefs, practices or ideologies. You were careful to avoid addressing that and instead launched yourself into a barely coherent conspiracy theory addled tirade.

Atheist churches are tongue in cheek social clubs. There is no preaching, but there are sometimes good speakers.. And Bond is a lying, ignorant freak that people should quit feeding.

The atheist man who is clergy to the legislature in California is not imaginary unlike the stuff atheist scientists and you come up with. I'm going to take this as a yes in regards to atheism is a full-time religion and that we have atheist science vs creation science. Who are these ignorant and looney tunes schmoes trying to full with their ignorant postings :21:? We should stop feeding these poor folks in despair.

So, religious nutballs aside...

Dark energy is uniform throughout space. This is baffling simple because there could then be so very many explanations for it. Maybe its just that we don't understand gravity fully? Maybe dark energy is its own, fundamental force?

Dark energy is uniform throughout space. This is baffling simple because there could then be so very many explanations for it. Maybe its just that we don't understand gravity fully? Maybe dark energy is its own, fundamental force?

There are no religious nutballs here unless you mean atheist ones. I've demonstrated atheism is a religion that does not believe in God or gods. They only believe in the material world and not the spiritual one. Some talk about religion, but this IS the religion forum. I think those who subscribe to evolution will learn what millions and billions of years mean. It's a long time, but it doesn't mean evolution took place.

As for the dark energy and the rest, it's what you believe based on little evidence. You talk about it like it has some deep, "religious" meaning. I think it's "faith-based" like the imaginary abiogenesis, macroevolution, multiverses and the rest. We do not observe, test and falsify these hypotheses. The only thing we can is microevolution or natural selection of what God designed.

Last edited:

There are no religious nutballs here unless you mean atheist ones. I've demonstrated atheism is a religion that does not believe in God or gods. They only believe in the material world and not the spiritual one. Some talk about religion, but this IS the religion forum. I think those who subscribe to evolution will learn what millions and billions of years mean. It's a long time, but it doesn't mean evolution took place.

As for the dark energy and the rest, it's what you believe based on little evidence. You talk about it like it has some deep, "religious" meaning. I think it's "faith-based" like the imaginary abiogenesis, macroevolution, multiverses and the rest. We do not observe, test and falsify these hypotheses. The only thing we can is microevolution or natural selection of what God designed.

At no time did you demonstrate that atheism is a religion.

Check out Genesis 1:2.
Explain, for those of us not so well versed in iron age alchemy.
Darkness, whatever it is, existed before light.
So? Not seeing the connection. We have light now...so it certainly would be odd if someone claimed light came before darkness, so I'm not really seeing the insight being granted.

Check out Genesis 1:2.
Explain, for those of us not so well versed in iron age alchemy.
Darkness, whatever it is, existed before light.
So? Not seeing the connection. We have light now...so it certainly would be odd if someone claimed light came before darkness, so I'm not really seeing the insight being granted.
I’m addressing the OP...darkness is part of the equation of existence.

Furthermore, there is not good reason to believe that dark energy was around before the decoupling, which is when our univerae became transparent to visible light. So it may be true that light came before dark energy, in our universe.

Forum List

Back