Dark day for Pennsylvania

Gop guy

Apr 17, 2004
West Reading PA
Well liberalism has truimphed in our state my fellow Pennsylvanians. It's sad I know. At least now we know that 51% of PA is comprised of ignorant moral-lacking Republican liberals.

I mean I worked my ass off for Toomey! I was at his pre-election night rally, met him, very cool guy.

I was at the Holiday Inn in Folgestown with him too.

We waited, at first it looked bad, then came that weird mistake.

When that was clarified, we were tied! That room was SO LOUD, my ears are still ringing.

Then it slowly ended, we thought the late counties would go for us, we were wrong.

The room was so quiet, then Pat came to the podium, I was about five feet from him.

He was trying to fight back the tears, we all were.

Anyway guys, at least we protested that pro-murder, leftist asshole.

I sill think a message was sent. But your right it doesnt mean anything because Toomey didnt win. In the end, to may people had indecision at the last second. I heard alot of callers last night saying how they changed their minds from toomey to specter in the booth. I voted toomey all the say and it was close, considering Specter got the President and Santorum to sponsor him.

I'm unhappy with the results also. I voted for Toomey.

I'm with you insein, I think what pushed the race to Specter was the endorsements from Bush

I actually dont think we lost this battle. I voted for Toomey. But Specter won, but the bigger picture still looks good for this.

Specter owes the President for supporting him.

A message was sent to Specter and any other "Moderate" Republican not to take their base for granted.

More then likely Specter will keep the seat which continues to guarentee that Republicans keep the Senate (not that there was really that big of a chance) Now the Republican party doesnt have to poor more money into the Senate race and can use that money to help other Conservative Republicans elected.

Not only that, since Toomey did so well. there is already talk of him going head to head agianst Rendell. I can tolerate Specter for a few more years if it means getting rid of Rendell for good and before he puts himself in a position for a Presidential run. (scary thoughts)

Toomey losing doesnt hurt conservatism in the big picture. I voted for Toomey but even when i did i figured regardless who wins, the conservative movement will be helped in the long run.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I'm unhappy with the results also. I voted for Toomey.

I'm with you insein, I think what pushed the race to Specter was the endorsements from Bush

I voted for him too, but those endorsements, and Specter's HUGE spending advantage won him that race.

Originally posted by Gop guy
I voted for him too, but those endorsements, and Specter's HUGE spending advantage won him that race.

Like i said. This may be a blessing in disguise. Toomey for Governor 06!

Come on. There needs to be more excitement then that. I mean we can tolerate Specter a few more years. this will probably be his last run. Besides, we have just threatened moderate Republicans all over the country. Now they have to be worried about losing their primary. Seriously this isnt as bad as some make it out to be. Its not a dark day at all. Here we have seen the work of an amazing Grass Roots campaign. We almost ousted an incumbent in a primary. Thats not easy to do! We should be getting Toomey's grass roots campaign organized for the President and win PA for Bush. Cause if we get PA for Bush that may be all we need to Push Bush over the top.

Oh and on the side we should reelect Specter now that he has the nomination. it would be a pity to let a Democrat win his seat and throw the Senate into party limbo again. Get the vision.

Feel free to vote for someone other than Specter in the general election. You know we Democrats would love to have that seat! :D

acludem

Originally posted by insein
Fat chance.

A moderate Republican beats a Left-wing Democrat like Hoffel anyday.

Specter is a liberal traitor to traditional Republican beliefs, moderate? Bah!

If the demoRAT is more liberal, then I may consider voting for him.

Though I swore that I would NEVER vote for someone who is pro-murder.

Specter is a liberal traitor to traditional Republican beliefs, moderate? Bah!

If the demoRAT is more liberal, then I may consider voting for him.

Though I swore that I would NEVER vote for someone who is pro-murder.

You have to keep the bigger picture. A vote for Specter now is a vote for the Republicans to maintain control of the Senate and hence having a pro life Senate. With the Republicans in control of the Senate, there is a far better chance of Abortion being challenged then with the Democrats in control regardless of whether Specter himself votes for or against it.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
You have to keep the bigger picture. A vote for Specter now is a vote for the Republicans to maintain control of the Senate and hence having a pro life Senate. With the Republicans in control of the Senate, there is a far better chance of Abortion being challenged then with the Democrats in control regardless of whether Specter himself votes for or against it.

*Sigh* Yeah I guess you're right.

*Sigh* Yeah I guess you're right.

I know its not ideal, i care about the abortion issue very deeply, and if we dont have a choice for a prolifer we should atleast try to advance the cause by voting in someone who may facilitate the issue actually being decided on.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I know its not ideal, i care about the abortion issue very deeply, and if we dont have a choice for a prolifer we should atleast try to advance the cause by voting in someone who may facilitate the issue actually being decided on.

Yeah

Forum List

Back