Darfur.. What the F**K

Said1 said:
I get so enraged because they've been there since the beginning, and have done nothing. Their policy of staying out of "civil" conflict in areas of that region is such bullshit, especially when they think nothing of continuing to dominate their public infrastructures where possible.

For crying out loud, they've had a strong military presence in the Horn of Africa for the past 100 years! They should be experts on African affairs.

:banana2:

no profit for them, the less africans on the continent the more oil they can exploit by aligning with china and reaping the benefits.

nakedemperor said:
The most aggravating part of this is that France has a very sizable military presence in Chad, Sudanese immediate neighbor to the West. They operate mere miles from where indiscriminant murders can be heard taking place across the border, and sometimes in their own counry. AAAGGHHH.

Annnd? What do you honestly expect them to do? I don't get it. Egypt has some chickens on a farm nearby. So what?

Oh...were you expecting the French Army to actually fight? :teeth:

We can call on them when someone needs help surrendering.

i wonder how much France knows about what's been happening in Darfur that they have not been telling anyone about. Bet they got a shitload of evidence against Sudan's government but since China promised em some of the oil they're keeping silent.

not for the first time, definitely not for the last time

:finger3: Fuck France! :finger:

NATO AIR said:
hey,wade... Fuck You! :2guns: troll in another darfur thread and spout your hatred and lies about george bush, oil and whatever else, and get the same response everytime.

i have spent six months dreaming of a US-led intervention into Darfur, and hope has flowed and ebbed, and has now outright tumbled, in the face of the Sudanese government restarting its extermination agenda in full force. The UN won't stop it (china, russia, pakistan and egypt are full supporters of sudan because of oil), the EU has decided to counter anything the US does, and the AU is paralyzed by politics and a lack of forceful diplomacy from the US and our allies.

We've got Marines available in Asia, Europe and Africa, of which about 15,000 could be deployed to intervene in Darfur. The Navy has 6 "surge ready" (ready to deploy within 10 days) aircraft carrier battle groups (and my battle group, the largest in the fleet, could be ready by Christmas), as well as countless smaller battle groups in Europe and the Middle East. Australia has talked about a troop contribution to Darfur in the range of 3,000 to 5,000. I would almost gurantee the Japanese would send 5,000 to 10,000 JSDF troops, there is an enormous push here in Japan for Japan to aid the US in stopping the genocide and it fits Kozumi-san's "defense of common humanity" foreign policy that he has instituted in Japan.

We can get additional troops from S. Africa, Rwanda and Nigeria, and here's the kicker... these troops are pretty damn good for the mission (especially the Nigerians and S. Africans, for the Rwandans, it is personal, they want to stop genocide in Africa because of their own genocide 10 years ago) and would be deployed in the range of 5,000 to 10,000 if the US put together a coalition here and got Japan and (maybe even the EU) to spend some money.

We do not need to institute regime change, we will simply patrition Darfur from Sudan for good, or until a democratic government takes power in Sudan. The AU will administer Darfur for the next five to seven years until independence plans can be fleshed out and instituted. We will create a no-fly zone for the time being and seal the borders between Darfur and Sudan. The genocide survivors will be treated, assisted and given a new lease on life with aid funds spent to repair the damage done to their farms, villages and wells.

America, we can do this. All we need is Pres. Bush's leadership and much of the world will follow. And I would love to be the first boot on the ground and the last boot to leave. Genocide cannot be tolerated and I would gladly give up my life or at least spend more time in the military than I wanted to in order to stop genocide.

btw, for those who wanted information on the pre-bush era sanctions against Sudan, here is a decent link: be warned, it is an anti-american, pro-sudan site, but it lists in detail what clinton and congress inflicted upon the sudanese economically, and its always funny to hear bad guys whine.

http://www.espac.org/usa_sudan_pages/farce_majeure.html

We are in agreement on this one Nato. I too wish the USA would pursue the moral imperative and deal with this problem. You are mistaking my sarcasim for seriousness about this awful situation. If it were up to me we'd have had boots on the ground months ago.

And I don't hate George Bush, I just recognize him for what he is.

wade said:
We are in agreement on this one Nato. I too wish the USA would pursue the moral imperative and deal with this problem. You are mistaking my sarcasim for seriousness about this awful situation. If it were up to me we'd have had boots on the ground months ago.

And I don't hate George Bush, I just recognize him for what he is.

that's nice you're in agreement with me and a whole lot of other people on the board but then you go and poison the waters by pinning the blame on the US because we won't get any oil out of it. the problem isn't the US, its the spineless UN, the greedy Chinese, the ignorant Arabs and the callous French/Germans. I believe in my heart if we weren't dealing with the viper's nest we call the world today with the countries we've got to deal with, George Bush would have intervened long ago.

Sir Evil said:
Absulutely Nato! Don't foregt either that it's much easier for these other countries to complain about the Iraq thing when noting is being done in such places like Dafur! At this point whatever they can do to try and make the US look like the bad guys they are doing. I say let one of these other countries stand up and do the right thing for a change!

well they won't.

we're alone in the world with friends who follow when WE lead.

the only other leadership in the world is china's, which is power at any cost, genocide, environmental destruction, oppression and the eradication of cultures, traditions and religions.

eventually, we have to accept the fact that many in the world simply do not believe in what we do as far as human rights and justice. the best we can do is to culitivate strong relationships with new friends and those from our past who still believe in us and what WE can accomplish when we put our hearts and minds to it.

The people I know in Africa are praying for America to come and save Darfur, to give madmen like the people in Sudan and other oppressive regimes a powerful signal that America will no longer allow madness in Africa. Those in Africa also hope while doing this, we're cultivating, supporting and training the AU forces into becoming powerful beacons of justice and peace in their own right, something at this point in 2004 they are just not ready and able for yet.

How much longer do I have to wait for an answer, Wade? I am asking politely for your proof. I expect next time you return to the board you will provide proof.

jimnyc said:
So Bush is profiting from Iraq? Can you provide proof, or is this just another one of your idiotic conspiracy theories?

Allow me to repeat the question again. I'm afraid you may have forgotten since you were busy avoiding it at all costs over several days.

jimnyc said:
How much longer do I have to wait for an answer, Wade? I am asking politely for your proof. I expect next time you return to the board you will provide proof.

I see you returned and still ignored me. You think you can come here with your trolling ways and then ignore me? See you in 48! And yes, I'll expect proof then or admission that you made up your comments. Your choice.

by the way,
there is a good chance Tony Blair may send British troops at the end of January if Sudan continues to misbehave and not live up to their promises

:clap: for the redcoats!

jimnyc said:
I see you returned and still ignored me. You think you can come here with your trolling ways and then ignore me? See you in 48! And yes, I'll expect proof then or admission that you made up your comments. Your choice.

I do not have time to reply in full right now.

But do you seriously think Bush is not going to take seats on the Board of Directors of the companies he is making even richer via his war in Iraq once his Presidency is over, just like his Dad?

And who says the only profits that can be had are monetary? The war in Iraq was important to Bush in his bid for re-election, had he instead wiped out Al-Queda in Afghanistan, the "war on terror" would be largely over. Where then would he have found sufficient basis for his fear mongering? And how would he have covered up the real US unemployment situation or the desperate condition of our economy?

The contention that it must be shown how he is making $ today is silly, it foolish to assert that if the $ are not going into his pocket today that they do not exist. I don't think even you are foolish enough to believe Bush is not going to be paid off in very big terms by the Arms and Oil companies once his term is over.

-------

And by what rules for this board do you justify such a ban anyway? No where in the rules for this board do I see anything that says I must reply to anyone under any conditions.

#1 - You've offered zero proof of Bush profiting as you claimed. I expected no less from you.

#2 - Reread the rules. Board decisions such as bannings will not be discussed on the board. Your next hiatus will be permanent if you continue to ignore the rules.

Translation: No Jimnyc, I can't answer. I am an ignorant troll moving from one debunked theory to another. And Bush is evil. Damn him.

So there you finally have it folks. Wade makes retarded comments, avoids answering a direct question for days on end, and then offers no proof to backup his conspiracy theories. That's why I push certain users a little harder. I like to expose them for the foaming at the mouth, speak before I think liberals that they are. How someone's life can become so sad is beyond me.

jimnyc said:
#1 - You've offered zero proof of Bush profiting as you claimed. I expected no less from you.

LOL - ya like proof is going to be available before the fact.

Look at the evidence - look at his dad. At least 50% of every dollar that goes into Bush Sr.'s pocket ends eventually ends up in that of his childrens. Why do you think Bush is so hot on repealing the "death tax"?

You know it's true. You know that after the Bush presidency is over he is going to sit on the board of directors of several major arms, oil, and chemical companies and be paid huge "signing bonuses" in terms of stock.

Denying it? Watch what happens with Ashcroft and maybe even Powell (I hope not, but cash is hard to turn down for principals). Ashcroft will be paid off within the year - we will know it's for big $, but we probably won't know the figures.

So you basically accept this corruption right Jimmy? It's okay for these politicians to profit from their offices, as long as the payoffs are made after their terms are over. Jeeze how ______ can you get?

wade said:
LOL - ya like proof is going to be available before the fact.

Look at the evidence - look at his dad. At least 50% of every dollar that goes into Bush Sr.'s pocket ends eventually ends up in that of his childrens. Why do you think Bush is so hot on repealing the "death tax"?

You know it's true. You know that after the Bush presidency is over he is going to sit on the board of directors of several major arms, oil, and chemical companies and be paid huge "signing bonuses" in terms of stock.

Denying it? Watch what happens with Ashcroft and maybe even Powell (I hope not, but cash is hard to turn down for principals). Ashcroft will be paid off within the year - we will know it's for big $, but we probably won't know the figures.

So you basically accept this corruption right Jimmy? It's okay for these politicians to profit from their offices, as long as the payoffs are made after their terms are over. Jeeze how ______ can you get?

Proof may not be available before the fact as you point out, but then neither should they be tried and hung before the fact either. Hoisted on your own pitard, as they say.

Forum List

Back